FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Problem with "costumes" as DLC is you have to have something to do with the costumes. The two costumes for Serah they have announced/previewed but arent out yet look 10x better than either outfit we have for her atm, but by the time the DLC comes out none of us will need them because we will have finished the game.

New Odin
    BG Level

Eh, the game will continue with the Sazh episode or w/e in a few months.

I like the pre-order costume for Serah, going to use that over the default one.

This game definitely has way way more shit to do than XIII

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If there's one shit I hate about this is I can't tell what damage stuff is doing. Like trying to figure out element weakness etc on the fly, fucking impossible because of other characters spamming and being the same color. I'm like 3 hours in and it already annoys me.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    If there's one shit I hate about this is I can't tell what damage stuff is doing. Like trying to figure out element weakness etc on the fly, fucking impossible because of other characters spamming and being the same color. I'm like 3 hours in and it already annoys me.
    It takes nothing to hit R1/RB to find out those weaknesses.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You of course realize they start out unknown until you discover them, and that has nothing to do with the screen being a jumbled clusterfuck.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    You of course realize they start out unknown until you discover them, and that has nothing to do with the screen being a jumbled clusterfuck.
    They get discovered the same way you discover them. For everything else, there's Libra.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Hit a brick wall in Yaschas Massif. My two crystarium bonuses have only been for COM and RAV so no MED unlocked...cait sith isn't cutting it. Am I just going to have to grind?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I didn't have Medic lvled there either; but I did just fine with potion spamming xD I actually did part 1 and part 2 without a medic in my Paradigma Pack at all...

Either way; save for the boss in Part 2, I actually found Part 2 easier than Part 1.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So my fiance's father and evil stepmother are both gamers. Last time we saw them, they tried to sell me hard on SWTOR. Yeah, two MMOs were enough for me. Anyhow, their Christmas present to me was pre-ordering XIII-2, so I've been checking for the mail every 15 minutes. Still nothing. Dunno where they pre-ordered from, I'm guessing it's not Amazon because it's not here yet. I asked my fiance', she didn't know, and since their relationship is strained to say the least, she didn't want to email them.

Raging so hard at no XIII-2 right now.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Just buy it and then return the copy they give to you

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    Just buy it and then return the copy they give to you
    Well I'm just finishing up Skyward Sword, hopefully by tonight, but if XIII-2 is not here by tomorrow I think I have to buy it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    So the whole min/max thing, since there isn't a count on how many large nodes there are everybody may be leveling inefficiently. Since there are only 198 levels of +2 ATK for Noel if there are more than 198 large nodes on the crystarium then spending any levels on small nodes in SAB/COM will mean your Noel won't have the maximum attack possible. Most likely, everybody has fucked up.
    A single unsourced post on gamefaqs said 197. That's unreliable as hell, obviously, but it's believable to me.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Yay can post finally

Liking the game so far

Just finished the Story of Academy 400AF and i sucked o nthat boss got 0 stars lol.

My question i got some seals that lets me 'rewind' the time in some era but how do i employ it? just enter the era and it wil lbe auto restarted? also can i do that as many time as i please or do i need to refarm seals

2nd question where is the best place to farm librascope lol

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I am sure this has been asked before but I have been avoiding a lot of the discussion to avoid spoilerage... Are the items you receive as live-event rewards missable if you blow it? My girlfriend got Lebreau's Olive Tattoo after the whole introduction and I think she 100%'d all the QTEs... and since I watched her do it all, I skipped every cutscene (and inadvertently every QTE) and ended up getting a potion from that chest. Then I watched her get a Silver Gear from the first Atlas fight for the same reason. It makes me worry a little.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StaplerGuy View Post
    A single unsourced post on gamefaqs said 197. That's unreliable as hell, obviously, but it's believable to me.
    Official guide book says 197 as well, which means most people wouldn't get their max possible.. but thats provided you wanted to max ATK for noel in the first place. not doing this really doesn't hurt you that much. they gave this as comparison..

for noel,
    no optimization vs optimization on the same weapon
    STR 802 vs 1011
    MAG 598 vs 624

you can also balance it out to get STR 817 MAG 818

granted if i didn't have another reason why I'd wanna start over I wouldn't bother, but I was thinking of starting over because i blew a lot of gil experimenting the monster crystarium and that apparently there is merit in using potent materials instead of specific materials (vitality, power, mana) for a bunch of monsters...

edit: with SEN, because they generally don't attack or anything, its logical to put everything to Vitality.. but some other roles are less clear..
    i used to be under the impression that maxing ATK and MAG for COM and RAV would be no-brainer choices.. but now im not so sure, because there are minimum bonus boosts and that HP is also important for monster survival.

I'm also not sure what to focus on for Medic and Sab..
    i know Medic cures are dependent on MND, but medics tend to have crappy HP, so potent would work well here to..
    as for Sab, I'm assuming MAG affects dmg (almost definitely) and land rate.. but i don't remember anymore..

Synergist is also another one i don't remember. does buff duration or power of buff rely on MAG stat?

...i guess i'll do it differently the next time round

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

SYN buff duration should only be effected by role bonus and any abilities equipped (Defense Maintenance, etc). Likewise, SAB's chance to land debuffs should also be entirely dependent on role bonus and equipped abilities, the Magic stat should only increase damage. SEN is SEN. I'd say HP is the way to go for these monsters.

If the magic stat affects Cures, its definitely not by much. HP is probably also a better route for these monsters as well for survivability purposes, but I just employ a beefy SEN monster over MED monsters for my defensive paradigms because Noel is a rockin' healer and Serah's pretty average. SEN monsters on average seem to have better traits that are more easily and obtained more early than MED monsters, and SEN monsters are of course more common, but that may change later on for all I know.

That leaves COM and RAV, where it's gonna fall to either STR or MAG based on the attacks the mob will use. I'm finding there's a ton of monsters that reduce or resist physical damage early in the game, so it might be beneficial to raise one COM monster as a physical brute and another as a magical one. Can probably go the same route with RAV monsters.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I am sure this has been asked before but I have been avoiding a lot of the discussion to avoid spoilerage... Are the items you receive as live-event rewards missable if you blow it? My girlfriend got Lebreau's Olive Tattoo after the whole introduction and I think she 100%'d all the QTEs... and since I watched her do it all, I skipped every cutscene (and inadvertently every QTE) and ended up getting a potion from that chest. Then I watched her get a Silver Gear from the first Atlas fight for the same reason. It makes me worry a little.
    Afaik you can just rewind an area and complete it again, not skip the cutcenes and get the items

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Yay can post finally

Liking the game so far

Just finished the Story of Academy 400AF and i sucked o nthat boss got 0 stars lol.

My question i got some seals that lets me 'rewind' the time in some era but how do i employ it? just enter the era and it wil lbe auto restarted? also can i do that as many time as i please or do i need to refarm seals

2nd question where is the best place to farm librascope lol
    For libra there's two ways to get it. First you can get the Grimiore Hat that Libras a monsters whenever you kill it, or you can spend a metric fuckton of time in Serendipity and buy it with tokens.

@Jaxzer I mentioned it before a few times, but i'll say it again. Ditch Cait Sith asap, he's got the lowest max HP, and there's plenty of better choices. Right now i'm using Flanitor (I think) and he's a lot better than Cait Sith.

Lightning DLC Trailer:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxzer View Post
    Hit a brick wall in Yaschas Massif. My two crystarium bonuses have only been for COM and RAV so no MED unlocked...cait sith isn't cutting it. Am I just going to have to grind?
    Which Yaschas Massif and which part?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast