Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    Lightning DLC Trailer:

Ridill
    BG Level

Man, the fact that I need to level a healer just hit home hard.
    I was having an easy time with mobs and bosses with just occasionally needing to use Cait Sith, and maybe a potion or two if I wanted to end the battle fast without switchign out a healer, but then I fought some boss and used up all of my potions.

Most Valuable Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cayden Fereles
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Yeah, I unlocked and put some time into Medic for Serah. Really nice to have as she's a bit more responsive than Cait Sith

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Been using Flanitor (healer). That Feral Link of his is pretty handy in a pinch.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Man, the fact that I need to level a healer just hit home hard.
    I was having an easy time with mobs and bosses with just occasionally needing to use Cait Sith, and maybe a potion or two if I wanted to end the battle fast without switchign out a healer, but then I fought some boss and used up all of my potions.
    It's not that big of a deal, if you are pretty far ingame you'll have plenty of materials to use to quickly level up another healer. My suggestion for the time being is seeing if you can rearrange your paradigms to get rid of cait sith and maybe make Noel or Serah a healer.

Ridill
    BG Level

Yeah, I just unlocked Healer for Serah, though I ran out of points getting to the next level to unlock it, so I'll have to wait a little while until she's useful.
    I'm probably messing up a lot of stuff but so far for Serah I'm 32Ravager, 27Saboteur. Noel is 44Commando and 16Synergist. Using Cait Sith and Gremlin. I haven't really invested in a 3rd pet spot yet. I don't want to waste too many materials on pets I'm probably gonna discard for better ones soon.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Yeah, I just unlocked Healer for Serah, though I ran out of points getting to the next level to unlock it, so I'll have to wait a little while until she's useful.
    I'm probably messing up a lot of stuff but so far for Serah I'm 32Ravager, 27Saboteur. Noel is 44Commando and 16Synergist. Using Cait Sith and Gremlin. I haven't really invested in a 3rd pet spot yet. I don't want to waste too many materials on pets I'm probably gonna discard for better ones soon.

My healer pet is still Lv7 and RAV pet is 26. Don't bother wasting the mats.. Save em for when you're trying to create the ultimate Chichu.

I'm gonna have to start the game over so I can work on that mix-maxing of the Crystarium. This game have new game+ ya?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

This healing flan, where does it come from?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxzer View Post
    This healing flan, where does it come from?
    I think I found a shitload of them in the Augusta Tower.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hmm, I just hit Noel and Serah to 60 on both COM/Rav respectively without knowing about the big sphere/small sphere thing and I've blown a ton of mats into Cait Sith since he's the only healer I've came across <_<. About 9 hours in, but I'm wondering if I should start over at this point.....

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Ok unlocked medic but it still doesn't seem to help the insane regen the Oerba 200AF boss has.

Ridill
    BG Level

Ok unlocked medic but it still doesn't seem to help the insane regen the Oerba 200AF boss has.
    Fighting him right now actually. I had down to 20% within the first minute of the fight. 3 minutes later, now he's at 80%.

Question I came to ask; How do I switch party leaders during battle? I was Serah but I died. I raised Serah but the AI Serah will not dispel him and I have no idea why, even when he has several buffs up. I don't think I can debuff his 2 special buffs, but I've dispelled the others.

aaaand 10 minutes later he was near 100% and I was dead lol

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Fighting him right now actually. I had down to 20% within the first minute of the fight. 3 minutes later, now he's at 80%.

Question I came to ask; How do I switch party leaders during battle? I was Serah but I died. I raised Serah but the AI Serah will not dispel him and I have no idea why, even when he has several buffs up. I don't think I can debuff his 2 special buffs, but I've dispelled the others.
    That fight took me 3 tries, and it was mostly because I had my paradigms setup wrong. I recommend SAB/SYN/MED and try and get poison on him ASAP. That will keep him from regening. Whenever he uses his buff ability switch back to that paradigm buff yourself, debuff all his buffs and make sure poison sticks. I think you have a better chance at poison sticking if you have him staggered, but i'm not 100% certain on that one. He's a pretty easy fight if you have the paradigms setup right.

Again IIRC he gets stronger as the fight goes on, so keep him debuffed and just work on that stagger.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Looks like I'll have to do some grinding then =/

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm at the Oerba part now. I guess if I have trouble with the boss I'll bite the bullet and reroll :/

Ridill
    BG Level

Ok, had a way easier time now with the right paradigms.

I did;
    Spoiler: show

Serah SAB. Noel COM. Cait Sith LV7 - Get deshell up first, then get poison then switched to
    Serah Rav, Noel Com, Gremlin LV19 Nuked the shit out of him until he started doing damage then to
    Serah Med, Noel Com, Gremlin until he let up on attacks and switched back to RAV COM RAV. swithced serah back and forth as needed. After poison wears, back to SAB COM Cait. He only used his heal/buff thing twice before I kiled him.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Ok, had a way easier time now with the right paradigms.

I did;
    Spoiler: show

Serah SAB. Noel COM. Cait Sith LV7 - Get deshell up first, then get poison then switched to
    Serah Rav, Noel Com, Gremlin LV19 Nuked the shit out of him until he started doing damage then to
    Serah Med, Noel Com, Gremlin until he let up on attacks and switched back to RAV COM RAV. swithced serah back and forth as needed. After poison wears, back to SAB COM Cait. He only used his heal/buff thing twice before I kiled him.
    Told ya!

New Odin
    BG Level

Made Noel into RAV and Serah into COM

the game is interesting so far, though I've only just passed the demo portion

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Finally beat him after probably 30 tries with no SAB or SYN... Maxed out the pulse knight and he tanked like a boss. That fight had me screaming at my tv a lot.

I've had problem with him too, I ran around and lvled up than took him on. Did Relentless Assault with Noel COM, Serah Rav, and that little robot thing as Rav. Killed him in 1 stagger finally but was very close.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast