+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 74 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    I currently use Pack Mentality for Amodar and it works with Lightning and Sazh. In the Bestiary Amodar and Lightning are under Champion. Sazh isn't listed but since it works we can assume he is also a Champion.
    Yup. New Light also falls in this category so you can have both Lights in tha party. This obviously makes RAV Light even better than she was before.
    As for Snow he's apparently the best SEN (surprise!) with like 19k HP using Potent I think and 830ish attack. I'd say you can use him if you really want a SEN but I'd go with Light (COM), Light(RAV) and Sazh.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

you got the DLC lol? wheres the web page with times for each zone? EST still does not have it QQ

as for lighting rav im 0/15+ on her(yet to even get amodar even)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Yup. New Light also falls in this category so you can have both Lights in tha party. This obviously makes RAV Light even better than she was before.
    As for Snow he's apparently the best SEN (surprise!) with like 19k HP using Potent I think and 830ish attack. I'd say you can use him if you really want a SEN but I'd go with Light (COM), Light(RAV) and Sazh.
    Huh? I thought it was said that Snow was a COM? o_O

I really hate the PSN right now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I gave up trying to get 13 version lightning a while ago after a bunch of attempts, does it matter if you kill her first or 2nd?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    I gave up trying to get 13 version lightning a while ago after a bunch of attempts, does it matter if you kill her first or 2nd?
    Yes, it matters. You only get the crystal/item for the person you defeat second.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Now that explains a lot.. thanks

is it best to use potents since she likes to melee, or just magic and then potents on stage 5 materials?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I always kill her second just makes for a faster fight(my fights down to 2min) but for me I do not care... I cant get anything from that fight anyways. I just did the fight 10 more times no drop lol

and I do have get more crystals/300% rare drop(normal/item that gives more)

I even stopped staggering from time to time lol just such an easy fight.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Now that explains a lot.. thanks

is it best to use potents since she likes to melee, or just magic and then potents on stage 5 materials?
    She automatically starts as a Stage 5 monster, and her stats increase at an incredibly fast rate as she only has 13 levels. Use all Potents and just use Ravenger monsters on her so she can learn all the Ravenger spells.

Also, it doesn't matter if you kill her second or not. The crystal will form either way. What only affects the drop rate is using Feral Abilities that kill her, as the Sync rate increases the drop rate by that amount (So if you get a 300% Sync rate and kill Lightning with it, her drop rate will increase by 300%).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    Huh? I thought it was said that Snow was a COM? o_O

I really hate the PSN right now.
    Nope, he's a SEN. He switches roles in his battle... sort of.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I really dont no how well that 300% skill means 3x. That means im getting 9x from odin? lol and yet to get it!?

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Dunno if its been said, but DLC is up on PSN store, gotta type in on search, though.

Friend said Light's DLC is 750 MB, Snow's is 130.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

confirmed they are up for NA

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I feel like I'm missing something really obvious in the Snow fight but I haven't been able to take him down yet. I've tried using SEN to pull him off characters so he doesnt build up but he seems to be immune to taunt? The other options were rush to stagger which I couldn't seem to manage or let the one he's attacking die which takes too long and he still builds up :<

Any advice?

Also, really enjoyed Lightning's episode.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

How long is LIght episode?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    How long is LIght episode?
    Eh, sort of depends on you really, I think I ended up clearing it in about 45 mins or so being as I didn't really understand the 'levelling up' system going on, it'd probably be faster to take chunks of HP off Caius in the fight and then die pretty quick to get XP rather than trying to kill him as Lv1 Lightning, it gets way easier pretty quick if you do that. Unfortunately I spent the good part of 25 minutes trying to scratch Caius' HP and not knowing what the deal was. It's definitely doable at lv1, just would take long as hell.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

As for snow. How does he deal dmg? Is it
    - fast/small?
    -randomly selected target?
    -crazy special?

Need info on how heal deals dmg
    Edit:
    How I do most fights that seem crazy hard is this.

Sen/sen/syn(wide)
    Com/com/com (cross)
    Rav/rav/rav(cross)
    Syn/syn/syn(wide)
    Healer/healer/syn(wide)
    Sen/heal/com(cross)

Rarely use that healing group.. Always use potions they heal 2k each with the accessorie that buffs them.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

The problem with Snow's fight is that if you don't kill him fast and in the first stagger he rapes you with a 1HKO to your whole team, and he builds up power to do it by hitting on the same character constantly (or a set of characters one after the other).

I think the accessory to boost potions might be the way to do it, and then pretty much going 3 RAV for the rest of the time, or 2 SAB and a RAV when he buffs.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

im DLing it as we speak. im try it with my normal set up and see how it goes.
    does he use daze attacks?

edit:
    can you prolong it by not staggering him? does the build up happen in the stagger phase?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I'm not sure, he does launch and spam wound on occasion which can be a pain, pretty relentless when attacking.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Im do the add on dlc first, I fought him once got him to about 60% HP.

I feel the key might be note to stagger him? No clue because you cant beat him with one stagger no way. I have decked out STR Nole is at 1200 almost chichu is at 1400 almost. even at 999% with my javelin stick like I said 60% before the one hit move.

er nvm that wont help he still builds up he was at 200% pre stagger.