Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 LastLast
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The ending was probably more of a turn off when the game first came out with no news of any FF13-3 or how far away it is.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    ..But seriously, am I the only one who wasn't unhappy with the ending? Part of it might have been that I knew 13-3 is coming out, but fuck all, it's not like it was out of left field.
    There were flaws with it, and I would've taken issue if it was the finale to the series. I had no problem with losing, but the lack of explanation would've been bothersome.

It was obvious enough that they had planned on continuing it in another game, though.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah.. I could see where when it first came out, and if it were the finale. I guess maybe I have so many games in my backlog that it's like 'cool, well that'll come when it comes'.

But I guess I didn't feel like I had an incomplete experience with 13-2. I still have post game stuff to do.. it's not game of the year or anything, but I feel like enough was explained for this iteration of the game (at least the stuff leading to the ending) that none of it was really a surprise.

A lot is going to hinge on what 13-3 does, but yeah.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i thought the ending was good.. but it felt bad in the sense that you're pretty much powerless as far as the outcome of the game is concerned.. and take it slightly more personally because essentially, its like a game over. you lose even when you win.

that said, it probably was the best way to do it. XIII-2 was executed very well. one of my personal faves

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I was more offended by their choice of song to go with the ending more than the ending itself. Felt so out of place and badly timed imo.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i thought the ending was good.. but it felt bad in the sense that you're pretty much powerless as far as the outcome of the game is concerned.. and take it slightly more personally because essentially, its like a game over. you lose even when you win.

that said, it probably was the best way to do it. XIII-2 was executed very well. one of my personal faves
    Agree with pretty much everything said here, especially it being the best way to do it.

Had a vague Shadow Hearts feel to it, for those who finished the first one and played the second.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

JP is getting the XIII-2 + DLC version in july, might have the chance in the west too, so if you plan to buy might be worth the wait a bit?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    JP is getting the XIII-2 + DLC version in july, might have the chance in the west too, so if you plan to buy might be worth the wait a bit?
    The only DLC you need to buy is Requiem of the Goddess and maybe serah's bathing suit. Everything else isn't really worth bothering with.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Some of the fights are fun from the dlc. Might be worth the wait if your not in a rush. Seeing as you have already waited this long don't see why not.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely View Post
    and maybe serah's bathing suit.
    Helped me get through the 25 some extra hours of grind I went through to get the Platinum trophy.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Saw this at gamestop for $17 used, worth it? I would be getting it on ps3 of course cuz i don't believe in ff on the xbox. But i sorta am looking forward to lightning returns that's why i am considering this.

*edit* also sorry for necro

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah this one is better than FFXIII and definitely worth a play through for 17 bucks.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Maybe I missed something but I found myself despising a lot of gameplay design choices in FF13-2 whereas FF13 was a lot more convenietly straightforward for me.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    Maybe I missed something but I found myself despising a lot of gameplay design choices in FF13-2 whereas FF13 was a lot more convenietly straightforward for me.

Run away some people might wanna kill you for that comment

RUN WHILE YOU CAN! hehe

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ardreul Galawen
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I kinda liked 13's straightforwardness. I knew that I had completed everything possible up to a point. In this game I have really no idea of what I'm about to run into is about to kick my ass or not.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah, I'll say it didn't do the best job of giving you a clear idea where the "you don't want to approach this thing yet" spots were. Other than that, XIII-2 is far superior with oodles more content.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

People used to say XIII sucks because it's too straight forward, now people are saying it's good for that?

Damn internet with its opinions everywhere.

Personally I think 13-2 is the better of the two, but I enjoyed 13 as well.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i liked the flow of XIII-2 much more than XIII. you could say that both have their own features, although XIII-2s was far more popular and regarded as better.

with XIII, the path is linear in pretty much every chapter except 11 and 13, so you know where to go next. but also because of that you never have a reason to go back to old areas (not like u can tho) because you know you've covered them. its mindlessly simple, and you don't need to wonder where to go next, just follow the arrow on the map.

with XIII-2, the story is a bit more exploratory, since you don't exactly have a destination you're headed to within each area - there's no long journey. each zone is pretty interesting even if you're coming back to it and you have many reasons to actually return to an area - to farm monster crystals, to look for/open time gates, to use a new mog skill that unlocks certain things in older areas. there's a lot of depth in such a system and it adds layers to your gameplay. your progress is also staggered along with these skills, instead of just following the map arrow.

that element of surprise or having no idea doesn't make a big deal since you aren't exactly penalized when you die. the game actually encourages you to try stuff out like that. you can also replay the entire story by rewinding the timegate anyway

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm kinda replaying through FFXIII-2 (Lol, we'll see how long this lasts.) and I can't help but wondering if SE decided to make Team Nora (Gadot, Lebreau, Maqui and Yuj) playable characters instead of doing the monster system, if the game would've been critiqued better overall.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Eff that. I'll take the pokemon bullshit over those fucking rejects anyday.