BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Eff that. I'll take the pokemon bullshit over those fucking rejects anyday.
    Seriously, screw NORA. I'd rather have a million different tonberries summoned.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Wtf. NORA sucked. The monster system was fun and somewhat new for FF.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    Saw this at gamestop for $17 used, worth it? I would be getting it on ps3 of course cuz i don't believe in ff on the xbox. But i sorta am looking forward to lightning returns that's why i am considering this.

*edit* also sorry for necro
    Prepare to be disappointed by poorly executed time travel and possibly the worst antagonist of the series. Paradigm Pack was fun though.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    Prepare to be disappointed by poorly executed time travel and possibly the worst antagonist of the series. Paradigm Pack was fun though.

Bad troll

Not really.

Though none of the characters are actually good so maybe in comparison he's the bestest?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    Cool story.

BG Level

Fuck yeah it must be trolling

Your saying that Caius Worse then Seymour or jecht? (depending on your point of view)

Scratch Necron he's just the final boss not the main antagonist

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Fuck you, Jecht was boss.

I think its time for another round of I LIKE THIS FF THE BEST AND YOUR OPINIONS ARE WRONG game.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Fuck you, Jecht was boss.

I think its time for another round of I LIKE THIS FF THE BEST AND YOUR OPINIONS ARE WRONG game.
    This is what happens in every type of thread

Just replace the word ff with the word of the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Fuck yeah it must be trolling

Your saying that Caius Worse then Seymour or jecht? (depending on your point of view)

Scratch Necron he's just the final boss not the main antagonist
    I forgot, someone disagreeing with you is trolling.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I forgot, someone disagreeing with you is trolling.
    Your one to talk.

What's that supposed to mean? I never call it trolling if that's what you mean, it is what it is.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Rata doesn't even know what he's saying half the time so I wouldn't stress too much over it.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    Rata doesn't even know what he's saying half the time so I wouldn't stress too much over it.
    If it makes you happy to think that, then my job is done

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

lol

BG Level

And I guess I'm making progress now I don't understand shit just half the time

Go rata go!!!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

My problem wasn't the pacing of the game. My problem was gameplay choices such as the choice to go back to random encounters.

Spoiler: show
    I do not care for random encounters and I never will. I've never beat FF4 because the random encounter rate was ridiculous at the end and most of the mobs were like boss fights (I had the hard version and had no problems until I got to the end dungeon.) One part I especially hated was I think the first time you go to Academia? Nothing about that zone is enjoyable at all. It's actually kinda ridiculous how that zone works with how huge it is.

There were times where the game gave you no indication where important things were and what makes it more irritating is that these zones aren't even that big. So my frustration was akin to losing my keys in my room and spending 20 mins trying to find them only to realize that they're in yesterday's pants.

The little puzzle mini-games were actually pretty cool cept for the very last set of clock puzzles (I used the clock puzzle website to figure them out because I didn't really care to solve it on my own anymore at that point.)

I felt like the battle system was almost exactly the same as FF13 so I don't know why people say it was better. If anything, I felt it was slightly more restrictive unless you knew which monsters excel at what. I did my run with no knowledge of any of the broken monsters and had no reason to experiment until towards the end of the game when I needed higher level monsters to stay alive.

I guess I kinda preferred FF13's pacing because I'm older and don't really care to explore every nook and cranny of RPGs anymore simply because I don't really have the patience for it like I did when I was a kid. It could also be because I've not played any RPGs that's really blown me away in a long time so my expectations are low to begin with.

Also, I didn't care for Noel at all and found his character straight up annoying. Teenage angst was only "cool" in FF8 and atleast Squall had a reason that was reasonably understandable when you really analyze it. Noel's reason is legit but the way it is executed is awkward and did the opposite of making me feel any sympathy for him. Lightning was way more pitiable and you barely get to see her at all in the game. If I had the choice to leave Noel in the coma, I would've left his ass there.

Also Caius is baller as fuck. Terrible character but baller villain.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

lol. intra-FF rage wars.

I appreciated that Caius has one of the deepest backstories for any antagonist in the series. Depth doesn't necessarily make a character good, but more often than not it gives you something to analyze. In his case his villainy is rather refreshing because it comes from a rather rare emotion (love) that antagonists in FFs possess.

i feel that XIII-2s battles have more depth than XIII's and is better because it's less easy to become rotework. Or perhaps I should say if battles ever get boring you have many options to change it up and try something different which might work. Your strategy options are extremely varied and different people could take a very different approach to battle strat simply by varying the monster type/ability even if they had identical paradigm decks.

Serah's pets have way more customizeable variety than the 6 characters in XIII who were generally identical (if you grinded them to max) apart from certain spells that each person didn't have and their Full-ATB skills. In other words, XIII was much like FFX's Sphere Grid or XII's Licence Board - you start with "variety" but end up with very generic characters. XIII-2 allows you to essentially build your 3rd character, which can be pretty fun if you know what you're doing. The introduction of paradigm tune in XIII-2 meant that you had much better control over the flow of the battles and whether you wanted focused or spread out attacks (makes a world of difference with Paradigms like Cerberus).

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah I never got too in-depth with the battle system. I'm making this argument in the shoes of an average player simply trying to play through the main scenario, since I haven't done any post-game stuff yet. If it's gamers like us who devote more time to developing the chars we use, FF13-2 is definitely the better game as far as character specialization and customization of battle mechanics. However, the FF13 characters were unique enough to see them all get used except for maybe Sazh until you got to Pulse for the first time and can grind out your characters. Sazh's major problem was that his damage always sucks and he does nothing that no one else can do better. In FF13-2, I used the same monsters until I needed to use higher level monsters that were better at keeping me alive.

Anyway despite all of that, I will acknowledge that there is a depth that I didn't explore so I can't really fully comprehend how much I may have missed. However, personally speaking, I typically want to use my favorite characters anyway so I usually don't care about a character's uniqueness unless it's a game like Star Ocean where every single one of their special moves are unique to that character only and thus given more definitive roles. The only Final Fantasies that have given their chars more definitive roles have been Final Fantasy 10 and 9 and the Final Fantasies before 7 excluding 5. Actually thinking about it now, Final Fantasy's battle systems are typically shallow as fuck compared to other RPGs and maybe why I failed to see much of a difference between 13 and 13-2.