+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

So fuckin Silver Chocobo is such a bitch to lvl! Not 20 yet and requires Potent Essence to level..

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

For those who don't yet appreciate monster party members, try capturing a goblin chief or gum something (other gob) ace for their spirit infusion link. Works wonders in hard fights and bosses.

Also circuitron or cloudburst for friendly fire. Circuitron you can get from bresha 10F very easily. Great to use right before staggers

Just killed the Ochu, 30k CP was pretty damn nice chunk. Also maxed out Chicu, though still need to infuse him.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Does anyone know if monsters in the party have the same weaknesses and such they have listed in the Bestiary? For example, some monster might have listed 'Weakness' to Fire, does this carry over for when the monster is in your party?

Also Faeryl or whatever is a bitch, got to him and had to spend my crystarium cache because he mopped me.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Do "live" conversations change based on who is leader? Im still early in the game and swapped to Noel so I can control the Commando, and it occurred to me that might change the convos?

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I don't believe it does. I've seen the same scenes in 005 Bresha Ruins with both Serah and Noel in lead, and the same person begins speaking regardless of who "talks" to whom.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Also, why does this game have zero cutscenes besides flashbacks to the cutscenes we already saw in FFXIII?

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Goddamn clock anomaly puzzle.

Edit: I think the first two clock puzzles in the anomaly change every time you attempt, but the third only changes when you re-enter the anomaly. First time I tried forever and never had a 6 on the final puzzle, but gave up and came back to it and had 3 6s, two of which where straight across from each other, which makes it easy because then you know how the puzzle has to end.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    Also, why does this game have zero cutscenes besides flashbacks to the cutscenes we already saw in FFXIII?
    "Because"? Dunno how' can anyone answer that. They're just decided to do engine scenes majority of the time - whether to save time, money or w/e.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

There are but they're kinda few and far between. Only for storyline cutscenes afaik.

Live triggers don't depend on who your leader is.

Monsters kinda inherit their native weaknesses but you'll have to check their statuses to be sure. I think some are hidden but others are listed

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    Monsters kinda inherit their native weaknesses but you'll have to check their statuses to be sure. I think some are hidden but others are listed
    If it's not in their status does it not exist? Because I assumed Gremlin was good for an early Rav since it has "Halved" physical damage. But it's not a status.

I'd love to be able to tell myself, but again: screen damage is a clusterfuck.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Clock anomaly puzzles can kiss my ass.
    Also, Caius in Oerba 200AF is immune to Dispel, IIRC. But yeah, he was easily steamrolled.

Chichu is an absolute beast.

So is Blue Chocobo, just got him to 99.

I is cross. Preordered via Game for their bonus shit... go to pick it up today - they sent 4 codes for 30 preorders. I am irked. I am code-less.

Just picked up my copy today along with the CE guide.
    The guide pretty much explains the crystarium thing as well as explains all of the monster descriptions (Later bloomer, etc)
    I can provide scans (well, camera shots since I don't have an actual scanner) of anything if people want.

Well some spoilers regarding Vanille (not about the actual story itself but her voice):

Spoiler: show
    Anyway I got to the part with Vanille. Seems her VA (Georgia) toned down her voice. Hmm her VA did say voicing Vanille was a different experience. Did the voice acting director told her to tone it down or did she do it on her own (she knows people complained about her voice in FFXIII ).

I'd say in FFXIII-2 her voice is a lot more lighter and softer sounding compared to XIII. Personally I prefer her voice in FFXIII (honestly, her sad tone of voice during the narration always got to me in FFXIII, while at the same time her happy voice cheered me up).

Anyway, you can definitely tell it's the same VA (well it is since she said it on twitter). However I think she tried to tone it down too much. I'll try emailing her and showing her the video I like (narration) for the next time.

Here my thoughts on that scene (spoilers if you haven't reached that part yet):
    I liked how Serah thanked Vanille for saving her twice + at the same time saying she'd do whatever it takes to pay back Vanille + Fang... when Vanille and Fang are doing what it takes to "pay back" what they did "wrong" (it's stated in the fragments you obtain) to Serah + the others. (Yes, quoted because I disagree >.>.)

I mention this because in XIII, they made it seem like everything went wrong due to Vanille + Fang, when in reality they didn't really have any other choice in what they did. Vanille lied to Fang because she knew if she didn't, Fang would attempt to complete their Focus (in Chapter 10, she threatened to destroy Cocoon after knowing their true Focus) which would be really bad if succeeded of course.

That's one of my major gripes with XIII (and apparently still continuing on in XIII-2 to an extent), the writer's like to make drama by blaming Vanille + Fang for everything (at the same time, I thank the writers for "not" truly making it their fault in the actual story; everything happened indirectly: Vanille's choices were the lesser of two evils type of choice (tell Fang the truth but risk Fang attempting to destroy Cocoon, or tell a lie and wait and turn Cie'th which Vanille chose).

Epic voice time from FFXIII.

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Also, I miss Vanille's narration.
    Me too. Can't resist, so here's the intro again (15-25 second for awesome narration).

New Odin
    BG Level

Geez, I think I shouldn't avoid fighting so much. The portal-monster boss almost kicked my ass at Hope's place.

Ridill
    BG Level

Does anyone have any tips to beat Gorgyra?

optional quest Cieth in Yaschas Massif 01x af. Has no arms but loves to cast Stop and Daze and poison and deprotect and shell.
    I usually have to run med-com-rav at all time to I can keep up with heals and taking debuffs off my party, only switching to rav-com-rav when he's staggered(which takes a really long time) and he doesn't seem to take much damage at all if he isn't staggered. I'm not having too much trouble with him at the moment, but now he keeps wounding my party so it's only a matter of time until I have really low base hp and then i'll be fucked.

yeeeep just lost just as I expected after a near 20min fight.

and who's a good medic pet? So far the only medics I have are Cait Sith, Cactrot and Spiranthes.

Cait's stats suck, but it looks like she has the best spells (though it takes a lot of leveling up).
    Cactrot's stats are great and it has a really good Feral Link, but Cactrot's level1 but requires Potent Orbs to level and I only have come across 2 of those so far so and atm it only has access to Cure.
    Spiranthes I haven't checked into much yet.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Flanitor is a really good MED pet, I'd try to get one asap. Can find them in Augusta Tower.

Some argue Flanitor is best MED monster in the game, some say Green/White? Chocobo is better. Though, IMO, I find Flanitor far more useful.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

A properly infused green choco at 99 is definitely the best MED. Infuse it with a Flanitor to get esuna/da, and give it good magic boosting passives. Passive abilities aside, because they both get access to the same ones through infusions, green choco ends up with a higher magic stat (by at least 100 I think) and almost double Flanitor's HP. Flanitor's feral ability is really nice when you're in a jam and the ability is up, however.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast