FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

BG Tera: PVP vs PVE revisited.

Last time on BG TERA Z our fair fighters chose the PVE over PVP for its server type.

Since there has been a huge length of time since we thought TERA would release and its now actual release, were going to check it out again.
    Previous thread: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/105...PVE-You-decide!

These are how the servers are projected to work in the states.

PVP:

The PVP token system has been droped in favor of a new system.

This is how PVP works on the PVP servers now.

There are 2 types of PVP

Guild vs. Guild

This method is for large guilds, who want to start a war on the server. To start a war you will need to use a item called "Bahar's War Declaration" (costs 3 million gold at the shop), and if your guild gets scared and wants to surrender you will need to buy an item called "Kaia's Intervention" (costs 300k gold at the shop). You can declare war up to as many as 3 groups/guilds at once, and there is a 24 hr cooldown to declare war on the same guild again.

Once the item is used to declare war a window will pop up and you can type in the guild's name, after this you have 15 seconds after which a server wide message will appear stating which guilds are at war. The war will last 24 hrs or until the winning group/guild gets 2000 points. Killing an enemy player will result in 1 point. Killing an enemy leader/guild leader will result in 20 points. Once a winning guild wins, another sever wide message will state it's outcome.
    Safe places during the war are towns, villages, camps, and instance entrances/and inside.

The other way to PVP...

Becoming a Outlaw/Criminal of the Federation

This method is perfect for the solo player who wants to pvp. There will be a special quest line one player can do to obtain an item to declare themselves an outlaw/criminal. Once a player declares themselves a criminal, player can attack anyone or be attacked by anyone. The more notorious of a criminal you become . But it comes at a price, the more notorious you become the more of a debuff you will receive.

It comes with a point system, every person you kill you get 1 point. The more points you collect the greater rewards, but also the greater debuff.

The debuffs are:
    1-100 points

You get a minor debuff
    -Your stamina depletes much faster
    -The chance of crystals breaking go up by 2x
    -You are unable to benefit from rest xp

100-1000 points
    You get a major debuff

-Your Stamina depletes even faster
    -The chance of crystals breaking go up by 3x
    -You attack power is decreased by 50%
    -Your movement speed goes down 15%
    -Unable to benefit from rest xp.
    -Unable to use mounts,teleporters or the pegasus.

1000 points +
    You get a massive debuff

-Your stamina depletes to 0 very fast.
    -The chance of crystals breaking go up by 5x
    -Your attack power is decreased by 90%
    -Your defense is decreased by 75%
    -Your movement speed is decreased by 30%
    -Unable to benifit from rest xp
    -Unable to use mounts, teleporters or the pegasus.

By default your points will automatically decrease by 1 every 5 mins. Killing mobs/Bams will also decrease your points as well.

This is new current PVP for K-TERA. We still don't have a clue what EME is up to though.
    ---------
    All of BGing, dueling, organized PVP, SVS, and anything Politics related will be available in both PVP and PVE servers.

This is a bit of a copypasta from Foxers previous post, so things might be slightly different but the overall idea will remain the same. Do you want to be ganked by some dick who has way too much time on his hand, or enjoy your leveling experience but not feel as good about your e-penis.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

PVP. Don't be a pussy.

I was planning on voting PvE, but the PvP option doesn't seem that bad at all. Unless 1500 gold is REALLY easy to come by.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

LvL 58 mobs were dropping 40k gold + items, so 15000 gold isn't terribly expensive but, due to gil farmers, stuff also cost a lot more in the K-TERA economy, so who knows what the NA economy will be like. In its current implementation, there's absolutely nothing to world PvP over, nor any rewards for doing it.

Looks like 1500 gold is REALLY easy to come by then. I didn't even think about the fact that there aren't any factions, so PvP would just be pure douchebaggery. I'll go with the PvE.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

there's no longer PK tokens, you get a skill you can turn on/off, though idk how EME are doing PvP servers

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

My level 18 Berserker on the Japanese server has almost 100,000 gold already. If I were to send the gold from my other characters over, she'd have atleast 150k. The other characters are between 7~14 I think.

I voted PVE just because I like to PVP when I want to PVP, not when some asshole decides he wants to go gank lowbies that requires no skill. Even though it costs increased amounts to PK someone lower, you know there will be rich fucks out there who will get their jollies off over it. Hell, I've seen people dump tons of money into a PVP game to cash shop their characters out to PK lowbies. The rules seem pretty good about PKing, but I just have little faith in people after playing games for so long.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by FriskUni View Post
    there's no longer PK tokens, you get a skill you can turn on/off, though idk how EME are doing PvP servers
    There is no wait timer on their PvP servers but unsure as to how PvP is started.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So who's making a thread on BG-Tera guild?

Cause I'm in.

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'll go PvE just cause i don't want to deal with the hassle unless everyone goes pvp

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Indalecia View Post
    So who's making a thread on BG-Tera guild?

Cause I'm in.
    I am, on the pre-order launch Ill be in there looking for the stuff, I expect everyone to be on vent chatting it up too

I'm going to be studying so hard before finals so I can play the weekend before finals and during finals week. EME is trying to sink my GPA!!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If you didn't want to straight up attack some other guild in DA/ulli/merit camp/etc, you're lying to yourself.
    PVP

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The PVP token system has been droped in favor of a new system.

This is how PVP works on the PVP servers now.

There are 2 types of PVP

Guild vs. Guild

This method is for large guilds, who want to start a war on the server. To start a war you will need to use a item called "Bahar's War Declaration" (costs 3 million gold at the shop), and if your guild gets scared and wants to surrender you will need to buy an item called "Kaia's Intervention" (costs 300k gold at the shop). You can declare war up to as many as 3 groups/guilds at once, and there is a 24 hr cooldown to declare war on the same guild again.

Once the item is used to declare war a window will pop up and you can type in the guild's name, after this you have 15 seconds after which a server wide message will appear stating which guilds are at war. The war will last 24 hrs or until the winning group/guild gets 2000 points. Killing an enemy player will result in 1 point. Killing an enemy leader/guild leader will result in 20 points. Once a winning guild wins, another sever wide message will state it's outcome.
    Safe places during the war are towns, villages, camps, and instance entrances/and inside.

The other way to PVP...

Becoming a Outlaw/Criminal of the Federation

This method is perfect for the solo player who wants to pvp. There will be a special quest line one player can do to obtain an item to declare themselves an outlaw/criminal. Once a player declares themselves a criminal, player can attack anyone or be attacked by anyone. The more notorious of a criminal you become . But it comes at a price, the more notorious you become the more of a debuff you will receive.

It comes with a point system, every person you kill you get 1 point. The more points you collect the greater rewards, but also the greater debuff.

The debuffs are:
    1-100 points

You get a minor debuff
    -Your stamina depletes much faster
    -The chance of crystals breaking go up by 2x
    -You are unable to benefit from rest xp

100-1000 points
    You get a major debuff

-Your Stamina depletes even faster
    -The chance of crystals breaking go up by 3x
    -You attack power is decreased by 50%
    -Your movement speed goes down 15%
    -Unable to benefit from rest xp.
    -Unable to use mounts,teleporters or the pegasus.

1000 points +
    You get a massive debuff

-Your stamina depletes to 0 very fast.
    -The chance of crystals breaking go up by 5x
    -Your attack power is decreased by 90%
    -Your defense is decreased by 75%
    -Your movement speed is decreased by 30%
    -Unable to benifit from rest xp
    -Unable to use mounts, teleporters or the pegasus.

By default your points will automatically decrease by 1 every 5 mins. Killing mobs/Bams will also decrease your points as well.

This is new current PVP for K-TERA. We still don't have a clue what EME is up to though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I won't play on a PvP server. Have no desire to

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

PvE. Although I do enjoy PvP. I'm not really up for being ganked when I'm not ready to PvP.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Last year EME did mention that you can move from a PVP server to PVE but not the reverse.

If this matters on the front of options; BG PVE guild, 2 collective guilds, start on PVP server and see how it goes.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Senji View Post
    Last year EME did mention that you can move from a PVP server to PVE but not the reverse.

If this matters on the front of options; BG PVE guild, 2 collective guilds, start on PVP server and see how it goes.
    thats a great idea in theory but not everyone can afford to just say "oh this sucks, were all moving, get your 25-35 bucks and were moving servers... on you lost your name too"

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xalien Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Dunno why but I just feel like going PVE this time around. We'll still have War Declarations, Battleground type battles and Server vs Server once it's added.
    The criminal shit is cool and all but its too much work. lol. I've always enjoyed team based pvp more anyway.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Well, do keep in mind that you can PvP in the warzones, and there was talk of implementing server vs server stuff, coming this year, to K-TERA. There's not a lot of detail, on the later, that I'm aware of.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast