+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 135 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quick question, if you preorder directly from EME do you pay for the entire game now or put say 5 dollars down then pay for it later (like gamestop)?

Edit: nvm gotta pay in full. Will preorder standard edition from gamestop and get the digital upgrade for $10

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Does that work? I thought it was just a $10 fee if you order from their site and then decide to upgrade to DCE.

Also, if anyone was wondering, the monthly fee won't be billed 'til June 1st, or 30 days after whenever you decide to start playing TERA.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well I hope it works, I guess I should ask EME to make sure.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It upgrades your account status. Doesn't matter what you originally activated from.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

How do mains and alts work, is it similar to FFXI? If I want to dual box or run 2 separate chars at the same time will I need to buy 2 copies?

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

^ You can have up to 8 characters I believe (so technically 1 class each) per account. I could be wrong, but I assume that only 1 char "logged in" is allowed so you would most likely have to buy a second copy to play 2 chars at once.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Not that dual boxing is practical, with this games mechanics. Once you play it, you'll understand that it is a completely different game than FFXI.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

So I haven't been following this game in great detail, so is this a more grindy game like ffxi or is it a quest fest ala wow?

Not really trying to peg this game into either extreme, but would just like a general idea if I'll be able to group for stuff along the way or if you can (aka people will) just solo quest to max level.

Just trying to manage expectations after being so disappointed with age of conan, rift and swtor.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

You can easily solo to cap if you want. There's also a party finder from the get-go if you wanna go that route.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Tisi
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Malygos

Question: I'm debating whether my boyfriend and I should play Tera EU or Tera NA. He currently lives in Ireland and has really nice internet, and I currently live in Seattle, Wa with DSL... It's not crap but not really great either. What's the general consensus?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

^ I'd say Tera NA. However you both might want to try speedtest.net and you choose a location in Europe (not sure where Frogster has its servers) and have him choose a spot in WA (where I believe EME has theirs) then make a choice off whoever gets the better/more manageable ping.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Tisi
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Malygos

Mine is so bad! XD

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Those are pretty comparable actually. Maybe flip a coin? Or think of whose customer service you'd rather deal with if that need should arise.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

If you had a choice and lag wasn't the issue, why would you consider Frogster over anyone?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Am I supposed to get the beta code after I made my preorder on Amazon or when they actually pass it out?

By the way, just assembled new computer parts. A member of the 2600k club now. I am ready.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

They haven't released anything yet.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBreeze View Post
    you should post that on the officials for massive tears, unless that's where it came from, in which case I'm sure there's already a ton of tears/OMG PVP ISN'T BALANCED!!!

hard to really tell from that pic though, more than likely +12 pvp disc, crit modifier scroll on, hellfire is sorc's highest dmg spell, full dmg buffs, str charm(?) and who knows what that other player had pvp-def wise, they coulda had almost no reduction

Little Mother
    BG Level

Nah it came from a PvP video I was watching, I just cut the image out when I paused the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZKgHedq960