+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 135 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level

Shit happens all the time. Sorcs 1 shot people more than anyone else in the game with crits.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

nvm, looks like +9 disc, they nuked another sorc though, paper mages!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lilura Sainik
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I keep seeing people say that NA Tera won't see a character wipe after OBT. From what I read on the preorder/beta pages, I gathered they just wouldn't wipe between betas for people who preordered. Did I miss something that these other people managed to catch?

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Atm, the process is like this:

Chars are kept through all closed betas then wiped at the start of open beta. At present EME said they don't think they will have to wipe chars from the open beta period to release, but hold the reserve to do so should some reason arise.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lilura Sainik
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    Atm, the process is like this:

Chars are kept through all closed betas then wiped at the start of open beta. At present EME said they don't think they will have to wipe chars from the open beta period to release, but hold the reserve to do so should some reason arise.
    Hmmm, I'm not sure if I like that idea or not lol. Where did they post this by the way? I'm not asking due to doubt, but ultimately because I am trying to keep up with the different sources providing information up to beta/release of Tera.

What classes are good for people with not-so-great a connection? I want to play NA because most people I know will be, but a connection from the UK isn't going to be great. And I probably won't be living in London so even my chances of a good connection locally are limited.

That said, I'd hate to not be able to play properly because of that. I assume tanking and/or healing is off limits, but would something like a mage be alright on a slow connection?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by sedna View Post
    I keep seeing people say that NA Tera won't see a character wipe after OBT. From what I read on the preorder/beta pages, I gathered they just wouldn't wipe between betas for people who preordered. Did I miss something that these other people managed to catch?
    Quote Originally Posted by EME
    I posted this on our forums but they have been... uh... so I will repeat it here

Concerning character wipes we will release more and more details as we get closer but the goal is...

Closed Beta ->wipe characters -> Name Reservation (pre-order only) -> Open Beta (pre-order/public) -> Head Start (pre-order only) -> Live!

We are monitoring the name situation (the biggest worry about an open beta without a wipe) and have some ideas if it is a problem. By the way, we name characters in TERA a bit different to hopefully allow for more diversification and combos of names. Essentially you are allowed to put two periods in your name. For example...

Kaehns.The.Bold instead of Kaehnsthebold

We think it gives quite a few more options.
    I'm not sure if they really are not planning to do an open beta char wipe or just PR reasons of saying they aren't but reserve the ability to. It is an only a weekend as opposed to a 1 or 2 week period like other games, but if they didn't it takes quite a bit of thunder out of the preorder head start. Sure adding in periods gives people naming options, but someone could lock in any number of names (on the listed beta servers at least) given they make enough email addresses.

F2P mmos don't wipe, but we are probably seeing it as a new marketing strategy of actually having a demo for people watching the game in advance and double head start for people that commit. From being in simultaneous closed alphas and closed/open betas, the betas aren't testing shit anyways. Stress testing only basically, normally either a few weeks behind the current alpha build or just set up to get popular opinion on different builds back to back.

Edit: Tera-Europe has confirmed that they WILL be wiping after open beta, so who knows.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

i think if people managed to play with a connection from us > korea
    i think you should be okay @ europe > us. Hope you get a key to test shit out this weekend..

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    What classes are good for people with not-so-great a connection? I want to play NA because most people I know will be, but a connection from the UK isn't going to be great. And I probably won't be living in London so even my chances of a good connection locally are limited.

That said, I'd hate to not be able to play properly because of that. I assume tanking and/or healing is off limits, but would something like a mage be alright on a slow connection?
    From the UK, I wouldn't even worry about it at all. There is also smoothping/lowerping.

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You think there will be limits on naming characters? I mean some slightly more offensive than what would be allowed on say FFXI. Like words you hear on a TV show. TV14L specifically. The game is rated M after all...

Something to the effect of "NastyBitch"?

Not exactly what I'll be going for so feel free to take, but to that effect.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I would say that anything "offensive" will be asked/directed to rename. Regardless of the game rating its probably just MMO etiquette.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

How do people set up their vent PTT button when they play with a controller? Is there a free button you can use?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

PTT = push to talk? ya? Anyway, I usually use the "select" button.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

What class levels the fastest solo?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

For those who've set up controllers in K-Tera, where is that usually done? I just did a quick look @ settings this morning on the server seleict before work and I didnt see anything for it. Perhaps its in-game?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiina Cassul
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Icecrown

When you start the game with the controller plugged in, Tera automatically detects it and maps it. I don't know if you can do it at the server/character select screen, but you can change settings for the controller in game too. At least from what I've seen on J-Tera.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Thanks. Guess I should have plugged it in <.< before I asked

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Eddard is correct in that TERA has an auto-detect, for game controllers, and an in game menu to customize the settings. When I played K-TERA, it was rather buggy in that, when you logged into the game, TERA would detect the controller, but then initialize the default controller setup. To get it to go to the customized settings, I had to re-start MotionJoy and re-connect the controller. It would then stay that way until a DC or log off.

If anyone was wondering, a gamepad works great for the game. The only trouble I had were some on the fly skills on smaller enemies; boss monsters were no problem as they are so damn big that 'aiming' practically don't come into play. Your PvP experience may vary though.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Does anybody know or have an idea of how the pre-order and digital CE items work? As in, can you get a copy of them for each character you make, like Aion had? Or if you can only redeem them once on one character?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

In K-Tera it was one character exclusive only. I'm assuming it will work the same, but who knows.