FFXIV Character
    Lady Tisi
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Malygos

So, I'm not sure what to do. My PC has been acting up lately with higher graphic intensity games. I was able to get on for the stress test tonight, but I was only able to be on for a few minutes before my PC would freeze. By freeze I mean my monitor loses connection to my PC and the sound kindof.. loops through my headset (like "bnn bnn bnn bnn bnn bnn bnn bnn bnn bnn bnn bnn" if you say that outloud, idk if that makes sense lol...). I'm getting my Tax Return in the next week or so, so I'm debating on buying a new PC, but I'm pretty dissapointed cause my PC is fairly new, I think about a year and a half old now.

Here's the Specs -
    I have an
    NVidia GeForce GTS 240 Graphics card
    2.93 GB Ram
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    I have 267.3GB of free space left WITH Tera installed
    Using Direct X 11

- I cleaned the dust out of my machine about a week and a half ago after I was freezing playing MINECRAFT... It also, previously, froze playing Team Fortress 2, Resident Evil 5, and Limbo. It was ok until I played Tera tonight. I don't really know what the problem could be, and I hate to resort to buying a new PC, but I'm not a computer expert by any stretch of the imagination, and I don't have any friends that are close by that are either.

Edit: Also, my game didn't lag, or slow down, or have any problems at all that I noticed, it would just suddenly shut down/freeze.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

to be blunt your graphics card seems pretty bad, so does your ram, I didn't check while I was logged in NATERA but in KTERA the client sits at 1.4gb ram usage just for TERA and my entire PC is above 4gb usage

have you updated drivers etc though?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Tisi
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Malygos

Yeah, I updated my graphics card drivers fairly recently (couple weeks ago), but I'll be doing that again tomorrow and see if that helps at all. Would the ram thing cause my PC to just shut down like that though? And it doesn't like.. restart, it just locks up. I have the same amount of RAM my bf does and he never has problems, kinda feel like I have a lemon lately =(

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteChocobo View Post
    Yeah, I updated my graphics card drivers fairly recently (couple weeks ago), but I'll be doing that again tomorrow and see if that helps at all. Would the ram thing cause my PC to just shut down like that though? And it doesn't like.. restart, it just locks up. I have the same amount of RAM my bf does and he never has problems, kinda feel like I have a lemon lately =(
    Could be the card is on the fritz though, did you try running the tool/benchmark program?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Tisi
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Malygos

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    Could be the card is on the fritz though, did you try running the tool/benchmark program?
    The one in the Tera launcher?

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yar, that's the one.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Tisi
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Malygos

Yeah I ran it, it said:

Your computer does not meet all of the recommended requirements to play TERA.
    Your computer exceeds minimum system requirements, and is able to run TERA however your game experience may not be optimal. Lowering your graphic settings and closing background applications may improve your game performance.

But the thing is, it was running just fine, honestly, no lag, I had high FPS and all that, it would just freeze after a few minutes of play. But, I think I'll drop it here. This has happened in other games, it's not a Tera specific problem, so I'll just look around and do some research and... probably end up getting a new computer. I don't know what the issues is with it, but if updating my drivers doesn't help.. Whatevs~ The worst part was seriously when Minecraft froze it, I mean really? =/

Edit: Just to be clear, my COMPUTER was freezing, not the game. The only option I had was to hard restart it >.<

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteChocobo View Post
    Yeah I ran it, it said:

Your computer does not meet all of the recommended requirements to play TERA.
    Your computer exceeds minimum system requirements, and is able to run TERA however your game experience may not be optimal. Lowering your graphic settings and closing background applications may improve your game performance.

But the thing is, it was running just fine, honestly, no lag, I had high FPS and all that, it would just freeze after a few minutes of play. But, I think I'll drop it here. This has happened in other games, it's not a Tera specific problem, so I'll just look around and do some research and... probably end up getting a new computer. I don't know what the issues is with it, but if updating my drivers doesn't help.. Whatevs~ The worst part was seriously when Minecraft froze it, I mean really? =/

Edit: Just to be clear, my COMPUTER was freezing, not the game. The only option I had was to hard restart it >.<
    you -could- try running a temp thermo program on your CPU/GPU while it's doing games, both can freeze your PC or even turn it off if they overheat, although minecraft overheating your PC? I dunno lol, could be worth a shot though if it only freezes during gaming

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by FriskUni View Post
    you -could- try running a temp thermo program on your CPU/GPU while it's doing games, both can freeze your PC or even turn it off if they overheat, although minecraft overheating your PC? I dunno lol, could be worth a shot though if it only freezes during gaming
    Download this http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/ test your gpu also have any temp monitoring programs running as mentioned in the post above mine. Run it multiple times if possible. post results..

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Serious question, whats normal score?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Tisi
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Malygos

What temperature should it be and what's a bad temperature?

Edit: Just googled it, says it should be no higher tha 75c? If that's correct mine is running really hot, I stopped the FurMark when it hit 105c and was climbing =/ was only on for about a minute

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

yea, 100+ can't be good lol

mine sits at 65-70C on full load with 50% fan speed, I used to have the freezing occurring after about an hour of TERA when the card was about 75C~, my problem was the auto fan speed wasn't working good enough and it was hovering at 30% fan while at 75C~, so setting it manually to 50% dropped it down under 70C and now I have no problems with it

you can try opening it up, there could be a lot of dust trapped in your GPU's fan, or you can get a program (MSI afterburner works) test your fan speed while running that test again, or even do both of those things

otherwise you may need better cooling inside your case if you didn't want to buy expensive parts/new pc, 105C seems really high though if your fans are working and you've got no dust in the fan

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Tisi
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Malygos

Yah, think I'm gonna pop it open and see if I can find some more dust in there.. The FurMark thing said it was running at 100% fan speed and it was still that hot, sooo something's seriously wrong in there ><

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Tisi
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Malygos

Ok, so, I took it apart farther, pulled my graphics card out and blew air into every crevice I could find. I got a few dust bunnies out of it and put it back, now it's running at 63% fan speed and tops out at 73c on FurMark :D *is an idiot* Now crossing my fingers that everything goes smooth on Friday

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

if it continues to freeze just get MSI afterburner and manually set your fan speed a little higher (~80%) and it should drop it way down below 70C and that should eliminate all freezing if that's what was causing it

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

im having issues with En masses Armor account thing... i cant get it to send me a code so i can get my laptop "cleared" to log in on their website.... Anybody else having problems with it (anybody able to test to see if its even working correctly for me, logging in on the enmasses account from another computer at home).

just sent its first code.. as of 2 minutes ago (tried for 1 code @ 1am this morning its 8 now..). Then said it was invalid grrrr trying again

edit again. Never mind finally got a code that got sent within 5 minutes and actually worked.

and there is an option to turn it off.. lol..

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Can anyone give me insight into warriors? Though it's the only class I played and was only for like a half hour, I did like 'em. I'll probably play most with just a couple friends. Just wondering if they are decent or if I should try a different melee class

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quick beta question:

I ordered the Digital Collectors edition from EnMass site. Is there anything else I will need for Friday like a special code or something? Thanks

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Quick beta question:

I ordered the Digital Collectors edition from EnMass site. Is there anything else I will need for Friday like a special code or something? Thanks
    my account > download game > install launcher > run launcher > log in > install (lower your upload speed to 64kb up, make sure download is unlimited)
    sit and wait till 3pm est 2morro

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast