FFXIV Character
    Lady Tisi
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Malygos

@ Detonare - Are you aware they are technically a tanking class? I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, just a forum wader. From what I read though, with enough skill warriors are pretty comparable to Lancers just with a lot more dodgy-ness involved to be good. Although, I've also read, the future of warriors is a bit unknown at the moment, many people are pushing for Warriors to become dps/debuffers, but they're originally intended to be evasion tanks.

@ Weltall - As long as you get the game downloaded before Friday, I'm pretty sure you should be good to go! :D I also purchased the Digital version, and I believe there are no codes necessary since the game is already linked to your account.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Thank you both. Will be ready when work ends tomorrow :D

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Datonare View Post
    Can anyone give me insight into warriors? Though it's the only class I played and was only for like a half hour, I did like 'em. I'll probably play most with just a couple friends. Just wondering if they are decent or if I should try a different melee class
    So, here's a basic run down of Warriors:

Warrior
    Armor - Leather
    Tank mode - Evasion
    Damage - Medium

Warriors are an evasion tank that does medium damage, compared to all classes, and they make great BAM soloers, as they can dodge attacks while doing DPS. For Boss fights, they don't get hit as often, and the fights are usually shorter due to the DPS. The flip side is that, when they do take damage, they take a lot more than a Lancer, and the fights are much more erratic. As you are dodging around, the BAM are constantly switching the way that they face, and that puts the rest of your party in danger, increasing the chance that they will go down from a BAM's attack. An experienced party, with a good warrior tank, can blow through content faster than an experienced party, with a good Lancer tank, but it takes a lot more skill to be a good warrior than it takes to be a good Lancer, so you don't see as many around, nor are many used to playing with a warrior tank.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Only got to like 30 on Korean servers. How does Sorcs stack up endgame? Usually, I play a tank, but I may go a different route on here

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Thanks for the info about warriors. They do sound really fun, even if I'm unsure about my tanking abilities... I think I'll roll one, but maybe as an alt or something. BAM = NM, right? lol

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Thanks for the info about warriors. They do sound really fun, even if I'm unsure about my tanking abilities... I think I'll roll one, but maybe as an alt or something. BAM = NM, right? lol
    Sort of. BAM = Big Ass Monster, which there are normal versions of, and NM versions of. Instance bosses are basically BAM but may or may not be a BAM model. The same goes for normal monsters too, though a BAM NM will always be harder than a non BAM NM. Sometimes, a model is used as a BAM, one place, and a normal strength monster someplace else. It makes a lot more sense when you're in game and can see the enemy icons. Depending on your class, skill, and gear, you can solo almost anything, but you've got to be really damn good to solo equal level NM BAMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Only got to like 30 on Korean servers. How does Sorcs stack up endgame? Usually, I play a tank, but I may go a different route on here
    Sorc rock; I played one to 58 and completed hard mode instances on it. They are pretty much 'the' damage dealing class, and when they stack their buffs and use the right gear, their damage is through the roof. That also pisses mobs off, so you're going to have to learn how to dodge until the tank regains control; there's no agro table to look at, or agro wipe skill, so it's a fine line to walk, but if you know the boss patterns, it's possible to DPS and dodge around until the tank can be raised and take over again. It's quite the thrill. They can also solo just about anything, but again, you need the gear and skill to do so. Normal monsters aside, if you get hit, you're gonna die. Also, Naga monsters will be your bane.... Actually, I hated them on any class, but really hated them on my Sorc.

I never did PvP, so I can't say anything on that front.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I noticed people can hit the mobs you're hitting, that applies to BAMs as well? Do other people interfere a lot?

So, from what I've read so far, sorcs are typically preferred over archers, slayers preferred over berserkers, mystics over priests, and lancers over warriors? Or is this wrong/outdated?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I noticed people can hit the mobs you're hitting, that applies to BAMs as well? Do other people interfere a lot?
    Yes, it happens with all mobs. It's a mixed system between XI and Aion. If someone "helps" you hitting the mob, you have to out DD them to get the monster to drop loot so you can pick it; however, if you are out DD-ed, no loot will drop for you nor your "helper". That is, unless this was changed in a recent patch.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Shassira View Post
    Yes, it happens with all mobs. It's a mixed system between XI and Aion. If someone "helps" you hitting the mob, you have to out DD them to get the monster to drop loot so you can pick it; however, if you are out DD-ed, no loot will drop for you nor your "helper". That is, unless this was changed in a recent patch.
    IIRC (and don't ask me to find the source, its lost/burried on old forums) the claim system on Tera is first hit = claim. If someone out DDs you they get more exp but drops stay with person who claimed.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanMeow View Post
    So, from what I've read so far, sorcs are typically preferred over archers, slayers preferred over berserkers, mystics over priests, and lancers over warriors? Or is this wrong/outdated?
    Play with friends, roll what you like :D

I know the Lancer>Warrior is accurate, and might be a toss up still for mystic/priest; but generally I hear the same thing. Rest I dunno.

Hmm. How hard is it to level as a priest or a mystic and how slow is it compared to other, higher damage classes?

Rulke, I usually do start out with a group of friends/static. Thus far, nobody I know has shown any interest in this game though. :/ Either way, can't wait for tomorrow!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    For Boss fights, they don't get hit as often
    lol what? warriors eat like almost every hit in dungeons and get 1shot at times if they don't dodge certain skills, at best it's like 50/50 dodge rate for the current 58 dungeon bosses in KTERA

also the majority of the warriors there don't even WANT to tank because it's so shitty tanking as warrior, and warrior tanks aren't just terrible for dungeons because of the damage they take, it's also because
    if they spin mobs to 'dodge' your DD's get shafted on rear damage and rear damage crystals

having said that, like 1% of the warriors I've partied with can pull it off

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanMeow View Post
    sorc > archer
    zerk > slayer (unless the slayer is really good/though the gap is probably even closer now since slayers got a buffing)
    mystic > priest (again gap is closer now because of priest getting MP for party members glyph, but the crit aura still trumps priest for party killing speed)
    lancer > warrior

keep in mind lvl cap 60+ this month, so that's subject to change as there will be new skills/glyphs coming

Relic Horn
    BG Level

At both 58 and 50 cap, my fastest BT EM, TL HM and EM, and AL and GL have all been with a Warrior. My success rate is also the worst with Warriors, but if you're any smart, that should tell you something.

Also, sigs that make sense are good. Yours is cute though.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

hey man, you said it, not me : ))))))

Relic Horn
    BG Level

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/859...cerealbowl.jpg

OK.

So anyway, Warriors are what you make of them. I personally hate them, due to the whole spinning shit when I'm on Berserker, and I hate them even more on Priest because of how much damage they can take, but I can't deny the fact that the few good ones I've had the privilege of playing with were really good.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

So I assume from what I've read that Sorc would level fastest solo?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Oh thanks for the breakdown FriskUni! I have a few questions. O:

1. When do people usually start to party? I guess it might be different from folks playing in K-TERA and this release. If I remember correctly you start seeing BAMs when you are in the upper teens or low twenties. Is that a good time to make parties? I remember I soloed in J-TERA up to level 25 and while it was fun I would of liked to party!

2. Which of those classes have the easiest and hardest time to solo BAMs?

3. From that list you gave how big is the disparity between classes to get invites in A. To level up B. End game dungeons (Are there some classes that are definitely wanted and least wanted for A and B)?

Sorcerer > Archer
    Berserker > Slayer
    Mystic > Priest
    Lancer > Warrior

4. Now I am sure they all have varying degree to master, but which ones do you consider the most difficult to master? Is it solely Warrior or are there other classes that stand out as well in the learning curve?

I love Warrior and I would like to master it, but if it's true its less than 5% than can effectively play the class, then I have a long road ahead of me. Hopefully there will be guides! But I plan to make several characters and try all the classes anyways.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Depends on what you're soloing on. Normal grind mobs, probably Sorcerer, especially lower levels. BAMs (which net the most exp with rep. quests) then Slayer > Berserker > Warrior.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So like...I assume I'm one of the only people that when a new game comes out, I just fucking try all the classes out and pick the one thats the most fun?

All I see on every damn forum: WHAT CLAS SHUD I PLAYE?

Try em out, play what you like, fuck bitches

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast