Shiina Cassul
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Icecrown

Quote Originally Posted by Indalecia View Post
    So like...I assume I'm one of the only people that when a new game comes out, I just fucking try all the classes out and pick the one thats the most fun?

All I see on every damn forum: WHAT CLAS SHUD I PLAYE?

Try em out, play what you like, fuck bitches
    I completely agree with you. When I started FFXI, I leveled drg to 75 when it was literally one of the worst jobs in the game. Why? Because drg seemed like a fun job and wielding a lance, a wyvern and jumping on shit was awesome . I can understand going to those forums to get an idea of how a certain class is played. But why not just try them for yourself?

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Christ, I got a drg agreeing with me.

Welp, im done /guntohead

Relic Shield
    BG Level

So like...I assume I'm one of the only people that when a new game comes out, I just fucking try all the classes out and pick the one thats the most fun?

I like to get to cap fast, eventually I'll level anything anyways and being ahead of other people lets you find a niche in the market most of the time.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrosia View Post
    Oh thanks for the breakdown FriskUni! I have a few questions. O:

1. When do people usually start to party? I guess it might be different from folks playing in K-TERA and this release. If I remember correctly you start seeing BAMs when you are in the upper teens or low twenties. Is that a good time to make parties? I remember I soloed in J-TERA up to level 25 and while it was fun I would of liked to party!

2. Which of those classes have the easiest and hardest time to solo BAMs?

3. From that list you gave how big is the disparity between classes to get invites in A. To level up B. End game dungeons (Are there some classes that are definitely wanted and least wanted for A and B)?

Sorcerer > Archer
    Berserker > Slayer
    Mystic > Priest
    Lancer > Warrior

4. Now I am sure they all have varying degree to master, but which ones do you consider the most difficult to master? Is it solely Warrior or are there other classes that stand out as well in the learning curve?

I love Warrior and I would like to master it, but if it's true its less than 5% than can effectively play the class, then I have a long road ahead of me. Hopefully there will be guides! But I plan to make several characters and try all the classes anyways.
    most people tend to solo until the first set of BAMs/first dungeon, which is around lvl 18-20, but between dungeons you can either group/solo/whatever, most groups don't tend to have 5man parties between dungeons/BAMs (for solo quests) meaning it's more of a do your own thing until you can do said dungeon/said BAMs, or make a 2-3person group, not to say you can't do the solo quests with 5 people, because you can

yea sorc/zerk/slayer/warrior are all capable of soloing BAMs, having only solo'd them on zerk though it's hard to compare, and I'm terrible at slayer so :3 easiest personally I'd probably say warrior? not necessarily the fastest though

DD's are a dime a dozen
    in KTERA when people started to get really geared out a lot of parties would start searching ONLY for mystic healers because of crit aura, and didn't want to take priests, or they'd cry if they had to get a priest
    finding a lancer was always the hardest class to find though and most in demand

hardest to master depends on the fight/class
    while normally healing class isn't -that- hard, it's the hardest class to play for the kelsa fight, some groups even have to do that fight on hard mode with priest+mystic
    generally speaking though, warrior that's tanking is probably the hardest to do (keep in mind it's harder in dungeons because of mob damage/attack speed) world mobs (even BAM's) attack really slow compared to dungeon bosses

these days in KTERA though, like 90% of the warriors that join groups are there as DD, the game itself is very anti-warrior-tanking for dungeons though, but yea it can be done
    I'm not sure how warriors hold up in the new dungeons though, I know they get 1shot from skills used by the last boss in the training center dungeon though

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by FriskUni View Post
    most people tend to solo until the first set of BAMs/first dungeon, which is around lvl 18-20, but between dungeons you can either group/solo/whatever, most groups don't tend to have 5man parties between dungeons/BAMs (for solo quests) meaning it's more of a do your own thing until you can do said dungeon/said BAMs, or make a 2-3person group, not to say you can't do the solo quests with 5 people, because you can

yea sorc/zerk/slayer/warrior are all capable of soloing BAMs, having only solo'd them on zerk though it's hard to compare, and I'm terrible at slayer so :3 easiest personally I'd probably say warrior? not necessarily the fastest though

DD's are a dime a dozen
    in KTERA when people started to get really geared out a lot of parties would start searching ONLY for mystic healers because of crit aura, and didn't want to take priests, or they'd cry if they had to get a priest
    finding a lancer was always the hardest class to find though and most in demand

hardest to master depends on the fight/class
    while normally healing class isn't -that- hard, it's the hardest class to play for the kelsa fight, some groups even have to do that fight on hard mode with priest+mystic
    generally speaking though, warrior that's tanking is probably the hardest to do (keep in mind it's harder in dungeons because of mob damage/attack speed) world mobs (even BAM's) attack really slow compared to dungeon bosses

these days in KTERA though, like 90% of the warriors that join groups are there as DD, the game itself is very anti-warrior-tanking for dungeons though, but yea it can be done
    I'm not sure how warriors hold up in the new dungeons though, I know they get 1shot from skills used by the last boss in the training center dungeon though

Awesome thank you so much for all that information FriskUni! Ah that is good to know about the attack speed of World Bosses/BAMs versus the dungeon counterpart.

Yeah I am going to main Warrior regardless and I did say (quoting myself here) "I plan to make several characters and try all the classes anyways." And last I checked this was a random question thread since I was curious!

Relic Horn
    BG Level

^Best thing to do is this. Let's face it, 2002 MMOs are over, you're going to be able to cap all jobs NP in every MMO now so might as well play what you think is funnest.

Play them all, pick your main >> specialize in your main, pick your alt >> specialize that in PVE/PVP whatever you're not maining, and level everything else for the sake of having it. I can guarantee you it's the way to go in TERA. Every job offers too much of a fun factor, and the actual grind is cruise control ez mode. You won't be any worseat your main class just because you have multiple jobs leveled. That shit's gay, and yesterday's mentality. I see it in FFXI all the time.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    ^Best thing to do is this. Let's face it, 2002 MMOs are over, you're going to be able to cap all jobs NP in every MMO now so might as well play what you think is funnest.

Play them all, pick your main >> specialize in your main, pick your alt >> specialize that in PVE/PVP whatever you're not maining, and level everything else for the sake of having it. I can guarantee you it's the way to go in TERA. Every job offers too much of a fun factor, and the actual grind is cruise control ez mode. You won't be any worseat your main class just because you have multiple jobs leveled. That shit's gay, and yesterday's mentality. I see it in FFXI all the time.

Yeah pretty much. I dabbed a little bit with the other classes and had fun regardless. So chances are I am going to be making several alts... or all of them. >.>;

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiina Cassul
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Icecrown

Welp, im done /guntohead
    LOL I've got nothing to say against this XD

Bitchfist

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Prolly making every class cept Priest

People already bugging me that Mystic is like a SMN/WHM/BRD hybrid and won't leave me alone about it

Relic Shield
    BG Level

How is money made, anyways? Will soloing BAMs drop loot that you can sell, or is it more of a crafting/grinding deal?

Bitchfist

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I know dungeons seem to drop a crapload of money

Not sure about outside raids

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Welp, im done /guntohead
    Hey, fuck you, buddy. Drgs are tops.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Yes. Money's easy in this game. Sometimes you get crystals of value that aren't of importance to you and you can bank strictly off crystals. Crafting became a goof fest now and everyone's doing it because of the ease of access to materials and the EXP rewards from it. Total change from the FFXI-esqe crafting system it was up until 5 months ago.

Gear drops often from both dungeons and open world, along with weapons.

In other words, unless your name is Freiya, you won't be broke.

Edit: @
    Quote Originally Posted by stewie View Post
    How is money made, anyways? Will soloing BAMs drop loot that you can sell, or is it more of a crafting/grinding deal?

So Beserker or Slayer or Archer? I plan on pvping and pveing both solo and group. Been looking up info and it seems Beserkers are garbage 1v1 because they are so kiteable, but are good soloing elite mobs while slayers are fast hitting? No clue on archers

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

I dunno how good it is at the end, but Archer was really FUN when I played around with it.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Do certain races go with certain classes better than other, or just pick whatever you like?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Tisi
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Malygos

From what I've read, the racial benefits are negligible and it's best to just play what you will enjoy.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

As it should be in all games.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMoomba View Post
    Do certain races go with certain classes better than other, or just pick whatever you like?
    Just play what you like I'm sure if you get nitty gritty you will find small benefits to certain classes/races but nothing is game changing/breaking.

What settings do we have to force? I'm assuming vsync and triple buffer. Is AA enabled by default or do I have to force that too?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 135 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast