+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 135 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Indalecia View Post
    So like...I assume I'm one of the only people that when a new game comes out, I just fucking try all the classes out and pick the one thats the most fun?

All I see on every damn forum: WHAT CLAS SHUD I PLAYE?

Try em out, play what you like, fuck bitches
    Basically this, but its nice to get a bit of info on how classes play/are treated beforehand. That being said, DRG was my first job to 75.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

In laymans terms:

Warrior: Play if you're a Drizzt fag or like really fast wooshing noises
    Lancer: Paladin with a stick, also, fuck shield bash, this nigga can charge
    Berserker: Whirlwind Dervish, now with more Astaroth
    Slayer: What drk knight shoulda been, but with flips and shit
    Archer: Arrows n'stuff (Do I really need to explain this?)
    Priest: Healer class, with some of the BOOM of aion's healer
    Mystic: WHM/SMN/BRD, but fuck targeting people to cure, you just drop the cure on the ground and they have to damn well pick them up, you're to busy pew pewing

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lilura Sainik
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So my friend pre-ordered from Amazon in an attempt to obtain beta access... does this not work? He says he hasn't received the code yet. Is it listed in a secondary email... confirmation email? Or is Amazon part of that group of retailers who is only recently receiving/distributing their beta codes?

Old Merits
    BG Level

They had some trouble getting codes out to retailers, hopefully they'll have it fixed for next beta test at least; but with only 3hr until this one starts it looks like they won't make it in time.

If you want a code for this test then you can use the IGN prime method (have no idea if you can apply multiple codes to one account though)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lilura Sainik
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Jojimbo View Post
    They had some trouble getting codes out to retailers, hopefully they'll have it fixed for next beta test at least; but with only 3hr until this one starts it looks like they won't make it in time.

If you want a code for this test then you can use the IGN prime method (have no idea if you can apply multiple codes to one account though)
    Bleh, yeah, screw him for waiting this long anyway!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lilura Sainik
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Trying to connect to a server... first attempt got as far as picking a race. Now all I get is "Can't connect to server." Anyone else having a similar issue?

Trying to connect to server, but each time I hit enter my game crashes to desktop. Anyone found this issue?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Trying to connect to server, but each time I hit enter my game crashes to desktop. Anyone found this issue?
    Yeah me too, probably just login server being overwhelmed. Should be fine in 10 minutes or so, maybe

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Tisi
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Malygos

I'm not sure if I'm going mental or not... but for some reason, I think my textures went really crappy by the end of the day. When I started beta, I THINK I had pretty nice textures, and now they're all kinda jello looking. They may have been jello looking when I started this morning, but with all the excitement I just didn't notice... but I was pretty damn sure they all looked really nice this morning and now they look poopadoop. I checked my settings and they're all max, so I dunno why, even the little circle behind my character on the character selection screen is all blurry and crap looking. Is it just me?

Edit: Ok I restarted it and now the textures look nice again... *confused* Any idea what would cause my textures to suddenly go crap?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Maybe your CPU/GPU is overheating? Game is running on low-res texture but it still looks pretty great.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Tisi
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Malygos

Hmmm, everything else seemed to be running fast and smooth, just the textures went poop by the end of the day. Where can I find one of those temp monitoring program thingies? I'll see if that's what's up

Relic Horn
    BG Level

CoreTemp or CPUZ work fine. Evga precision or any other gpu overclocker works as well.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

getting nothing but crash to desktop when i pick server. i'm assuming it's just being bombarded still?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Tisi
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Malygos

Hmmm, my temperatures seem to be fine, I teleported to Velika though and my textures went to poop again. If I hover over the "Texture Quality" scroll bar in the options though, it says "When memory is an issue, texture quality may be automatically lowered for more stable gameplay" Does this mean I don't has enough ram? ;~;

BG Level

CTD is fucking annooyyyyiiinnnnng fucking hell.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Tisi
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Malygos

I'm able to log in fine now, at least to Arachnea :< Servers did crash a few times earlier, but it's been fine for a few hours for me

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Same here, got a little time from work to try it out, but can't get logged in. Tried repairing the install, updated drivers, blah blah blah. CTD anything I do.

From the website:

http://tera-support.enmasse.com/app/...d/249/kw/crash

TERA Crashes at Server Selection

We are aware of a current issue during the server selection process that happens if you are in a queue, and then select "Choose Server." Once you select another server the game will close even if you select the same server are in. You will have to sign in again and start the process over. This issue has been noted, and will be addressed in future releases.

Sounds like it's a queue issue and doesn't sound like they plan to fix this during this beta period.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteChocobo View Post
    Hmmm, my temperatures seem to be fine, I teleported to Velika though and my textures went to poop again. If I hover over the "Texture Quality" scroll bar in the options though, it says "When memory is an issue, texture quality may be automatically lowered for more stable gameplay" Does this mean I don't has enough ram? ;~;
    I remember someone else posting that problem recently, might have been avelle? can't remember, but uh it's possibly your graphics card... you can check your ram usage though, just hit ctrl+alt+delete > start taskmanager > performance tab and look at your memory usage

edit; you could upgrade pretty cheap for a lot better performance, you can get 8gb ram these days for 50$, and a new card for about ~150$ should run it fine

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maaglin View Post
    Same here, got a little time from work to try it out, but can't get logged in. Tried repairing the install, updated drivers, blah blah blah. CTD anything I do.

From the website:

http://tera-support.enmasse.com/app/...d/249/kw/crash

TERA Crashes at Server Selection

We are aware of a current issue during the server selection process that happens if you are in a queue, and then select "Choose Server." Once you select another server the game will close even if you select the same server are in. You will have to sign in again and start the process over. This issue has been noted, and will be addressed in future releases.

Sounds like it's a queue issue and doesn't sound like they plan to fix this during this beta period.
    no idea about being in the queue or not; i hit 'enter server' and it straight up crashes, that's as far as i get. no log-in message saying i'm in a queue or anything. then again, this may be exactly the case/working as intended. i dunno because i've never managed to log in.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

It's all related. There's a huge thread about it here http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forum...-client?page=1

No big deal really to me, just mildly annoying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 135 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast