+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 135 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Tera: Online Random Question Thread

Setting this up as an aside to the general info thread as I imagine once beta starts (and eventually release) it'll be quite handy.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

First question, what's a Rulke? :3

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    Setting this up as an aside to the general info thread as I imagine once beta starts (and eventually release) it'll be quite handy.
    um did you change your name? Blanking on what I thought it was, but i don't remember it being Rulke

Was BGTemp I think.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by avelle View Post
    Red Hulk

http://bakarenders.com/renders/album..._hulk_2908.png

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by madpersian View Post
    Was BGTemp I think.
    Ya your right

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Quote Originally Posted by madpersian View Post
    Was BGTemp I think.
    I know, I was just being dumb.

Figures. Hard to forget the name attached to that handsome face.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Can anyone explain the stats like attack/def and if it acts simiarly to FFXI's stats? I've never touched this game before outside of a few youtube vids. If there's a link explaining how the stats work that'd be swell too.

Is warrior still the loldrg for groups? Or are there any shunned classes for that matter?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Any chance for normal beta sign ups to get invited before OB starts, or is it gonna be all preorder peoples for all 5 events?

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by avelle View Post
    Yeah... as my previous forum name suggests; at the time of its creations I hadn't planned on investing too much into BG. Thought it was proper to make something lasting and relevant so used the name for my Tera character.

Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    Any chance for normal beta sign ups to get invited before OB starts, or is it gonna be all preorder peoples for all 5 events?
    Afaik yes. All previous FGT/CPE people are still in and the people who simply submitted emails should be notified soon (contest winnners too). I beleive Scapes said that invites would go out by the "end of the week" But not sure if thats a work week of Friday or a Sunday sort of date.

Quote Originally Posted by Havocxx View Post
    Is warrior still the loldrg for groups? Or are there any shunned classes for that matter?
    I don't think is LOLdrg persay (or ever was) but I think its highly misunderstood. People usually assume its a "rouge" type char and therefore a dmg dealer, which its not. Its an evasion tank. Like any tank class, there are usually more bad tanks than good ones, moreso if the class is challanging. Anyway, War has recieved a lot of tweaks and updates over time since release, but as for specific details I'll let someone who is playing K-Tera with more up to date knowledge answer the rest.

Beta sing up invites are going out this weekend I think. They are inviting a lot of non pre-order beta sign ups.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Real question. Are the Digital Collector's Edition items worth paying the extra 10 bucks?

The mount itself is nice if it will be exclusive to DCE pre-orders only. But from someone whos played before are the items worth anything at all?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just to elaborate a little more on what Rulke said about Warriors...at one point they were awful. When I say awful, I mean the job was bad to begin with and about 90% of the people who played Warrior didn't understand it's function or know how to play it well. To make an FFXI comparison, it was like the equivalent of having a bad Ninja in your PT tanking in evasion gear and not being able to hold hate against the other DPS. Over time though, they started buffing Warrior DPS with some patches and it became a better class.

Personally, if given the choice, I'd still rather have a Lancer over a Warrior for raids. A few times we had Warriors in full lux +12 or close to it, and they were pretty good but their gear had a huge factor in it. Good Warriors were also few and far between. DPS wise, they're a little under Slayer. Tank wise, I'd say they still sit under Lancers. Pvp wise, they're pretty awesome.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

In K-Tera we received the same necklaces. There were no attack speed necklaces in the game outside of those. People still used them at 58, and can imagine they still do. Attack speed is about as important as Haste is in FFXI. To me, it's worth it. I'm a little sad they're not adding the 8% attack speed that K-Tera got for preordering though.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Artemicon View Post
    Real question. Are the Digital Collector's Edition items worth paying the extra 10 bucks?

The mount itself is nice if it will be exclusive to DCE pre-orders only. But from someone whos played before are the items worth anything at all?
    We got those in K-TERA in the 50 cap. Both are inferior to the 8% neck piece KRs got for pre-ordering their game, but we don't know if that will ever hit NA. What we do know is the item does exist somewhere.

Also, the frostlion mount looks better than any other mount I seen so far so that alone makes it worth it to some people.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    Can anyone explain the stats like attack/def and if it acts simiarly to FFXI's stats? I've never touched this game before outside of a few youtube vids. If there's a link explaining how the stats work that'd be swell too.
    ATK is just how much damage you can do and is increased through your weapon, upgrading your weapon (+1-12), and by using Crystals, which give damage boosts under certain scenarios. Example would be +x% damage to regular monsters, +X% damage from criticals, when dealing damage from behind. Equipping proper crystals is an easy source of damage as they stack on top of each other, and can super charge your crit damage to high levels. As an example, my Sorcerer's normal crits were about 30k, but, under the right scenario, I would do a 100k+ crit, or more, depending on the buffs I had on.

DEF works just like ATK, but that's not the main source of damage mitigation, for tanks. Berserker and Lancer have a Block ability, which allows them to nullify all, or most, damage from even BAM/Instance bosses attacks. It's somewhat based off of your DEF, as my Berserker wouldn't always nullify some BAMS strongest attacks, but after a gear upgrade, it would. Survivability is dependent on your block timing, as a Lancer tank, and to mitigate Berserker's incoming damage, as most BAM attacks will one or two shot you if you don't.

That's probably the biggest difference compared to FFXI; BAM in Tera have attacks, like current VW NMs, in that they will one shot non-tanks if they get hit. A lot of the game is memorizing attack patterns and not getting hit by them, as those attacks usually have a pattern to them, or a visual queue to GTFO.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

How much variety is there in enhancements on gear? For example, FFXI had relatively few main stats, but had lots of other +X that kept things interesting (e.g. Double Attack, Fast Cast, etc.). WoW, on the other hand, has 1-2 primary stat, 5 or so secondaries, and then very few unique kinds of enhancements (only tier-gear I think?).

One of my concerns is that gear upgrades simply consist of going from +6 ATK to +8 ATK, and then from +8 to +10, etc.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Attack from behind, crit, attack speed, damage dealt to large/normal/small mobs, attack while mob is down, ETC.

As far as only basic stats go up, then yeah, what you have at 58 is a better version of what you had at 21. It's rare to see added stats in higher level gear like in FFXI for instance(although they do exist), but then again, this game is not AA/AFK, WS macro>WS, rince and repeat. It's more about skill and how you use your glyphs, ETC.