+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Milkster View Post
    And you immediately die from getting HIV/AIDs?
    Pretend for a moment that you built a house in Antarctica with construction and plumbing done all by yourself. Now pretend that your tap water comes with the unfortunate side effect of slow, debilitating disease with a near-100% kill rate over an extended period of time. You invite a friend over to your house to visit, but you're afraid of seeming rude or inhospitable so you offer him some of your poison tap water knowing that it will kill him later.

Is this manslaughter?

Regardless, this is something people do need to know up front. If the stigma is an issue (and it is), then focus needs to be put on public education in regards to HIV/AIDS. People should know exactly what the risks are, how it's transmitted, and most importantly that HIV+ people are still people and capable of being relatively safe under the right conditions.

But "god hates fags" so you know that shit won't be universally taught in public schools for at least the next decade or two.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Pretend for a moment that you built a house in Antarctica with construction and plumbing done all by yourself. Now pretend that your tap water comes with the unfortunate side effect of slow, debilitating disease with a near-100% kill rate over an extended period of time. You invite a friend over to your house to visit, but you're afraid of seeming rude or inhospitable so you offer him some of your poison tap water knowing that it will kill him later.

Is this manslaughter?

Regardless, this is something people do need to know up front. If the stigma is an issue (and it is), then focus needs to be put on public education in regards to HIV/AIDS. People should know exactly what the risks are, how it's transmitted, and most importantly that HIV+ people are still people and capable of being relatively safe under the right conditions.

But "god hates fags" so you know that shit won't be universally taught in public schools for at least the next decade or two.
    The same can be said with HPV, herpes, hepatitis and potentially syphilis if left untreated. I don't think this law should be just centered on HIV/AIDs but all STD/STIs and like you said the public needs to be educated more but since old, rich, christian males control most of everything it won't change until they die out.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

If you are HIV+, and you have unprotected sex with someone who isn't aware, you are a sociopath.

Sociopaths should be in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    If you are HIV+, and you have unprotected sex with someone who isn't aware, you are a sociopath.

Sociopaths should be in prison.
    Which is kind of where our courts have been heading. If you know, and fully hide it, that's got to be some sort of... something. It's criminal. ]

The only question is how do you head it off before it happens - a law that says "No secret sicknesses" could help.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The same can be said with HPV, herpes, hepatitis and potentially syphilis if left untreated. I don't think this law should be just centered on HIV/AIDs but all STD/STIs and like you said the public needs to be educated more but since old, rich, christian males control most of everything it won't change until they die out.
    from hiv...

I agree that disclosure should be required.

I used to volunteer for a testing center and during events I would hear all kinds of stories. Oddly enough most those that were infected by someone who knew their status, but never disclosed it, raised charges, or reported it.

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

Let me know when simple antibiotics can keep HIV from killing you. There's a difference between giving someone the flu and giving them anthrax.

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The same can be said with HPV, herpes, hepatitis and potentially syphilis if left untreated.
    Whoah whoah whoah whoah WHOAH, HOLD UP. I knew about HPV, Hepatitis, and Syphillis being able to kill, but how in the hell does Herpes kill you?

Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    Whoah whoah whoah whoah WHOAH, HOLD UP. I knew about HPV, Hepatitis, and Syphillis being able to kill, but how in the hell does Herpes kill you?
    edit: nvm, does not cause cancer:

The great news is that herpes does not cause any type of cancers.
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/exper...shu/index.html

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I would not mind being told someone has the herp before having sex with them.

Milkster's argument only eats itself imo. It shouldn't be that "if they don't disclose these they should disclose none!" It's that "let's start with this and hopefully broaden it to include these in the future."

The obvious issue I see is proving you told because I think many would like to lie to get some compensation over getting a terrible illness. Only safe way for these people would be to carry around a contract and be like "I'd like to have sex with you, but first you must read and sign this to prove I warned you ahead of time." which is hella awkward, but sadly, probably another price you'd have to pay for having it.

Canada
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mlle Skjie
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

It was already illegal to not disclose HIV/AIDS to a partner. Two people are trying to have the law reversed.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The same can be said with HPV, herpes, hepatitis and potentially syphilis if left untreated.
    So then it should be required to disclose these too, before having sex?

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

A decent person will disclose the facts before engaging in any risky act, period.

A female friend of mine separated from her husband, and was dating this guy for a pretty short time ... a couple months iirc. Guy finds out he's getting deployed to Afghanistan for a second time, gets drunk with her, and sticks it in her pooper (yes, with a condom), all the while knowing he has HSV-2. She picked it up from him in spite of using protection. It pretty much destroyed her, and in spite of it all, her husband took her back and remains her strongest supporter even though their sex life has been altered forever.

So yes, people who have such conditions need to be forthcoming. If they're not, they deserve being imprisoned, and they deserve to be beaten within an inch of their lives.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

http://application.denofgeek.com/pic...cartman/02.jpg

All that needs be said, really.
    Disclosure being required is a good thing, DIE EINDE.

Jellysaurus Rex
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    I think it should be legally required in any situation in which penetration occurs (yes, including if you blow someone and you have HIV). Partners should be able to make informed sexual decisions, and they cannot unless a known HIV+ person tells them as much. The person with HIV shouldn't be able to decide "my meds are working well, my viral load is very low, it's not a risk" - whether it is a risk should be a determination that the at-risk person has a chance to make.
    This.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    So then it should be required to disclose these too, before having sex?
    I believe that any condition you have that could be transferred during intercourse should be disclosed.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

Yea, I'm gonna second the sociopath notion.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Skjie View Post
    It was already illegal to not disclose HIV/AIDS to a partner. Two people are trying to have the law reversed.
    Was going to say, I started reading the thread and got confused. Thought for sure I remembered court cases where somebody went to jail because they went around screwing everything in sight with full knowledge they had the HIV and no protection.

And you immediately die from getting HIV/AIDs?
    Tell you what, I know a few things I can do that will slowly kill you but allow you to live a life for, well really, however long I deem fit.

Pretty sure I would go to jail just the same if evidence was found pointing to me as the culprit.