1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 14 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 19 hours, 36 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

World Transfer applications have begun.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...plication/form
    (you have to be logged in)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The first stage of the World server transfer has begun. From the "World Transfer Applications Begin" thread in the official forums its seems that several servers are already locked out or full. I will place the list here, maybe someone who has an active account can verify. It seems some folks are frustrated over the fact that the options for transfer seems very limited. This is probably due to the fact that Yioshi changed his simultaneous log ins from the original 1500-2000 range to 1100-1200 (for the most part for JP prime time evening log ins).

Aside from Ragnarok, there are still 1 server that you can transfer to but they seem to going up and may close soon. So if you or your shell wanted to change to one of those servers make sure you do so soon! Obviously there are those happy where they will be going but this is more for those that wanted to transfer.

World for Transfer Availability

Hyperion X
    Sargatanas X
    Excalibur X
    Balmung X
    Masamune X
    Aegis X
    Durandal X
    Gungnir X

Ridill △

Ragnarok O

EDIT: It seems Aegis got full several minutes ago!

EDIT2: Durandal is now locked/full.

EDIT3: Gungnir is now locked/full.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I think they are selectively closing them in attempts to evenly disperse the populous the best they can... They might open back up as the smaller servers get enough applications.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

So are we going to try and group up together?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

blinked my eyes and they was all gone lol wtf.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

they seem to be manually capping servers to even out the distribution and not lookinng at a specific number cap, since its hard to predict on day 1.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Haha, people are raging pretty hard right now.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

This is gonna be a clusterfuck. Not that we didn't already know that. However the amount of people now coming out of the woodwork that wanted to transfer is pretty unprecedented. Single players here and there I mean, not the large groups that already decided stuff a couple of days ago.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I don't understand why entire groups find it necessary to attempt mass server transfer nor why they would expect it to be possible with this revised world merge.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah people are commenting on how most of the active community (at least on the official forums) threw tantrums over not being able to play with their long lost friends that may "eventually" come back - one day. So it seems Enix Square listened to them and changed the server option (at least one of the main reasons). I am not sure how much if any the inactive accounts played a role in this, but it seems from the simultaneous log ins: prior to today, the average simultaneous log ins was projected across all servers to be around 1100-1200. If you look at the last population roll call (especially the JP one) you will see that this was the new goal they wanted to attain.

The thing is several people may have wanted that option to transfer (I am not sure how many though). But if you look at the 1st phase it states:

First Stage: From 0:00 a.m. PST, March 1 (Thursday) to 0:59 a.m. PDT, March 12 (Monday), 2012.
    - Players will still be able to change Worlds even after applying for a World transfer.
    * Players will not be able to select Worlds that are already populated with the maximum number of characters*

Sure servers would close down as they became full, but the fact that servers became full all of sudden within a couple of hours may frustrate some. Also take note that this was done during JP evening hours, so NA/EU players may not have an option at all, unless SE changes this.

Second Stage: From 1:00 a.m. PDT, March 12 (Monday) to 0:59 PDT, March 19 (Monday), 2012.
    - Worlds that are populated with the maximum allowable characters will be fixed and locked.
    *What is the point of the 2nd phase if this was already done within a couple of hours?*

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I don't understand why entire groups find it necessary to attempt mass server transfer nor why they would expect it to be possible with this revised world merge.
    Large groups like the spanish speakers or the gmt+8 ppl want more in their timezone to play with and build guilds with. The promise of server selection allowed these groups to come together and have discussion to organize themselves on a single server.

Perhaps some guilds want to merge with others, start somewhere fresh, or seek out more players in their timezone. There are lotsa reasons why groups would want to transfer and thus far it's seeming like it may not pan out. Makes ya feel for them after they want through all that troubles over the past three weeks just to make it all sorta moot if their destination world was full in less than an hour. SE said they'd have a choice and if's no fault of theirs (the players) that this system is just as poorly implemented as every other ffxiv feature the first time (and sometimes the second or third) around.

Anyway, servers have been opening and closing periodically and will probably continue to do so as people shift around and whatnot. Personally I think those EU ppl should own Ragnarok and be happy but no one can force them to move. Methinks most people will get to go where they want to in the end anyway.

Here's hoping inactive accounts are not being "counted".

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    Here's hoping inactive accounts are not being "counted".
    Is it bad if I'm expecting mules to be counted? Somehow I don't see Square-Enix doing something like only counting one character per account in a given server.

I'm jaded, I know.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    Is it bad if I'm expecting mules to be counted? Somehow I don't see Square-Enix doing something like only counting one character per account in a given server.

I'm jaded, I know.
    I'm going to LOL if after the merges some servers have less players than both pre-merge servers combined due to people taking their 15 mules with them.

This is annoying, I don't want to make a decision today on moving to Ragnarok.

If I select it now I'll never get back to Masamune if I change my mind.
    If I don't select it now it will be full by the time I get home from work.
    I can't select it now because I'm at work.

Hopefully it's just a bug on their end, like they left a 0 off the server limit numbers.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Damnit, I even logged in at work to get muh server.

Wonder how long till everything stabilizes.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I can't login at work because I don't carry that stupid security code with me.

I'm tempted to just send an application to the EU/asian LS on my server and stay there if accepted. I always thought they were NA for some reason but seems not. Plus their recruitment was closed for like 3 months until this week so never looked into it more until they advertised on the Masamune forum.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well mi inactive character was included in my list when I applied to the server transfer so I'm guessing they do count <_<

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah you may be right. It took an hour for most servers to lock out. It took a little less than 2 hours for all of them except 1 to lock out.

It's like someone said on the official forums that the original option made by Square Enix was the best choice for active players.

While the choice made by the angry mob of diehard fans made it the best choice for inactive players.

Oh well. Good job!

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

The thread about this on the official forums is golden. Almost feels like the twilight zone with everyone talking about how good this server transfer system is working.

Me on the otherhand, supreme trollface refreshing the page every half hour or so hoping a spot on gugnir opens up.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

EU players are finishing work now so expect places to free up over the next hour or two as people move to Ragnarok.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by ffffffff View Post
    hoping a spot on gugnir opens up.