1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 39 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 23 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 10 hours, 39 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Some info regarding the merge:

Originally Posted by Foxclon
    Hello,

We had changes up until now there may be some confusion and I'm sorry about that.

Originally Posted by alone
    I have questions regarding server transfer
    Even if I don't sign up for any server transfer I would be able to move to the server which is merging into automatically? would appreciate if one of the staff can answer this one, thanks.
    Yes, in this page (link) we displayed how the server merges are going to be and if you are OK with that merge you don't have to do anything.

If nothing is done; after 3/27's planned world transfer you will automatically moved to the listed new world.

- Going to put the list of changes up until now, for those that are OK with just the final result don't need to read below -

Spoiler: show
    Original plan required every player to take part but after receiving everyone's feedbacks we changed the method and prepared the default world for the merge

You may of felt awkward when the server transfer started it already showed X or (triangle) for some worlds. With original plan it would of started with all (Circle) but with decided method the characters are already going to be in the new worlds already at start so in situation it could end up with (triangle) or X

For worlds with the X on them if many plan on moving out then it's possible to change to (Triangle)
    Per Reinheart as usual.

More clarification about the closing of servers if it's needed at this point:
    Firstly, let me apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused. In regards to the situation where multiple Worlds are showing as full, I wanted to let you all know that the population data on Lodestone is not shown in real time, and actually updates a few times throughout the day. Worlds that show as being full now, may not be later in the day. That said, we would ask that you please check back periodically to see whether or not the World you wish to transfer to is open.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    Jesus. Is everyone going there? lol
    It would seem so...

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Whelp, I made it through!

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So, why is everyone moving to Gungnir? Because it's the coolest name?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

LS picked that after looking at the spread of players in NA time, end game shells, etc. Seemed like a good place for us to migrate to. Not sure about everyone else though..

I've been trying for the past 10 minutes to buy a 30 day subscription solely so I can do this world transfer thing, but holy shit their payment site is terrible and buggy, I can't believe people put up with it.

But from what I'm hearing it's not worth it anyway because all the good servers are full?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

All the servers are full period, good and bad (and who could even tell that anyway lol)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by blythe View Post
    I've been trying for the past 10 minutes to buy a 30 day subscription solely so I can do this world transfer thing, but holy shit their payment site is terrible and buggy, I can't believe people put up with it.

But from what I'm hearing it's not worth it anyway because all the good servers are full?
    I think people put up with it because it's kind of a "set it and forget it" kind of thing. I remember hooking mine up and trying to figure out how to setup payments are very counter-intutive.

Don't bother renewing your subscription unless you reallyreallyreally want to move servers and somehow think that SE will raise the maximum characters per server because of all the bitching. I'll admit, with as much as they've caved already, they might, but I can't imagine you'd need to switch servers that badly. If you're not coming back until 2.0, they've already said they intend to allow for server hopping (it will probably cost money, but you already said you were about to spend money to do just that anyway).

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I don't recall having a problem with Click & Buy. I even just set up a new account like a week ago. I remember it taking a while and generally sucking, but it didn't seem confusing to the point of inhibiting anything.

I don't give a shit about this server merge though... if I really care to move, I can wait until 2.0/relaunch where most everyone is going to be confused/bewildered/lost/exploring anyhow. It's a better time to be thrown into a new community of players than where everyone already has their Moogle/Ifrit/raid/NM posses and just repeats that crap.

Gotcha. I was just worried all of the NA people were clustering on a few servers.

But yeah it's just as well. I'll sub and try the transfer if this next patch gets good reviews I guess?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Keep a sharp eye on that shit, a bunch of servers opened back up.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tearshang Pourlamour
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I just made phone calls to friends lol. Wake the hell up!

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

also fuck everyone who thinks durandal is a shitty sword

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Even more bounce on over to Gungnir?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I think I'm just going to stay where I am after all.

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Had to change my FI's password to get him moved XD Talk about an inconvenient time for him to go out of town.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

if anyone was camping the page waiting for more openings they just showed up, i had been trying around every 2 hours and just got through now

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

All servers currently open if anyone needs to transfer. I also can't believe Rocl is making me move to a server named after a shitty sword!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

The servers have been open for a few hours tonight. Got all but 2 transfer dudes, and 3 casual members in the guild moved over. Fucking sweet SE!

Paid my $10 and got my transfer, relatively pain-free! Guess I'll get to try out the jobs for a few weeks providing the patch comes out on time.

For people who can't see, Durandal, Gungnir, Sargatanas, Ridill and Lolnarok are still open.