1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 43 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 2 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 7 hours, 43 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

About the World Merge and World Transfers (02/17/2012)

In order to improve the player experience, we will be merging Worlds on Tuesday, March 27, 2012.

We have reevaluated the World merge system based on the large amount of user feedback we received in response to the World Merge and Character Transfers update of February 9. Now that the details of the new World merge system have been decided, we recommend that all players review the World Merge Summary and Notes Regarding the World Merge and World Transfer.

This World merge is intended to improve the player experience during the period up to the launch of FFXIV Version 2.0. New Worlds may be added in the future, for example after the relaunch or when player numbers increase.

[World Merge Summary]

Key Dates
    March 1 (Thursday) to March 19 (Monday), 2012: World transfer application period. *
    March 27 (Tuesday), 2012: World merge maintenance to be carried out.

Information regarding the time required for the merge maintenance process and other details will be released at a later date.

* The World transfer application period will consist of two stages. For details, see World Transfer Application below.

Merge Details
    The Worlds will be merged according to the system below. The new Worlds will be named after the merge has taken place.

Ragnarok will be recommended for players in the European time zones. This should improve the playing experience for European players, who form a small minority scattered across the Worlds, and make it easier for them to get together and form parties. However, this is a recommendation only. The World will not be restricted to European players, and players from other regions will be free to transfer to the World.

Please note that if we determine that the new Ragnarok does not attract enough players to deliver a satisfying game experience, we will consider options such as reopening World transfer applications or merging with another World. We therefore encourage players to keep it in mind as one of the options.

World Transfer Application
    During the World transfer application period indicated below, players will be able to select a destination World on the World Transfer Application Page.
    * The World Transfer Application Page is scheduled to be available from March 1.

World transfer application period: From 0:00 a.m. PST, March 1 (Thursday) to 0:59 a.m. PDT, March 19 (Monday), 2012.
    * The World transfer application period will consist of a first and second stage.

First Stage: From 0:00 a.m. PST, March 1 (Thursday) to 0:59 a.m. PDT, March 12 (Monday), 2012.
    - Players will still be able to change Worlds even after applying for a World transfer.
    * Players will not be able to select Worlds that are already populated with the maximum number of characters, but players will be able to move from such Worlds to other Worlds. Note that if a player leaves one World to transfer to another World, and in the interim the first World is filled with the maximum number of characters, the player will no longer be able to transfer back to the original World.
    * It is possible that some Worlds will reach the population limit very soon after World transfer applications begin.

Second Stage: From 1:00 a.m. PDT, March 12 (Monday) to 0:59 PDT, March 19 (Monday), 2012.
    - Worlds that are populated with the maximum allowable characters will be fixed and locked.
    - Locked Worlds cannot be selected as a transfer destination.
    - As well, all players in locked Worlds will no longer be able to apply for World transfers.
     For this reason, we recommend that players complete their World transfer applications in the First Stage.

(Example)
    If Hyperion becomes populated with the maximum allowable number of characters:
    - Players cannot apply to transfer to New Hyperion.
    - Characters who have already applied for Hyperion can no longer select another World to transfer to.
    - All characters in Trabia and Kashuan who have not already applied for a transfer to another World can no longer do so.

Conditions Required to Apply for a World Transfer
    To apply for a World transfer, an existing playable character must be associated with a player's service account. As long as a player has at least one usable character, a destination World may be chosen for all characters in the service account, including characters that have not yet been paid for.
    * To view and change subscription details, visit the Square Enix Account Management System and click Select Service on the left-hand menu, and then select FINAL FANTASY XIV.

Notes Regarding the World Merge and World Transfer
    All character data will be transferred, with the exceptions described below.

Character Names
    After the merge and transfer, if two or more characters with the same first and last name exist in the same World, only one character can keep the name, based on the order of priority below.

1. Characters that are playable on both March 26 (Monday) and March 27 (Tuesday), 2012.
    2. Characters that were created first.

If your character name must be changed because another character's name takes priority, please enter a new name by following the on-screen instructions when you first log in after the World merge maintenance has taken place.
    * After you enter a new name for the character, the change will also be reflected on the Lodestone.

With this World merge, all character names reserved for use from the Open Beta that have not yet been assigned to characters in the release version will be deleted, and thus no longer able to be carried over.

Retainer Names
    If retainers with the same name exist in the same World, only one of the retainers can continue using the name, based on the same conditions described above for player characters.

If you are required to change the name, please do so by following the on-screen instructions when you first log in after the World merge.

About Linkshells
    Carrying over linkshells
    All linkshells shall be carried over to the new merged Worlds.
    * The Lodestone linkshell pages will also be carried over.
    * Players who transfer from the new merged World to a different World will be removed automatically from all linkshells in the current World.
    * If the linkshell master leaves the merged World and transfers to a different World, the master will no longer be a linkshell member, but the linkshell itself will continue to exist in the merged World.

Linkshell names
    If two or more linkshells end up sharing the same name in a merged World, the linkshell with the most active characters will keep its name. For linkshell names that must be changed, the game will automatically add numbers such as "01" and "02" after the name.

In this case only, players may use a GM call to change the linkshell name after the World merge maintenance is completed. Because linkshell names may be rejected due to the use of forbidden words or other reasons, players should submit multiple candidates when making the GM call.
    * Only masters can change linkshell names.

Friend Lists/Blacklists
    Friend lists and blacklists can be carried over after the merge, but players who leave the merged World to transfer to another World will lose their friend lists and blacklists.

Character Info on the Lodestone
    The World name displayed in character pages, diaries, and histories (including finished histories) will change to the new World name after the merge. If the character name changes, that will also be updated.

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

Yayyyyy I get to be on Aegis server <3

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Taisaijin
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Wow, Is Selbina really that populated that it would warrant not merging it?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Doesn't surprise me any. I don't know if any other servers encountered the issue where all the freaking wards in Ul'dah were filled to capacity (excluding stalls), but I don't think we need more people.

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

A few of the wards are filled up on Figaro at least they were a few weeks back when I tried to place mine in Armorfitters

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Excalibur :(

Better than fkin Sargatanas, wtf srs. It's the shittiest name. I think we'll be jumping ship to a different server instead.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Looks like I'm going to Excalibur lol.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Can't remember if I was Saronia or Wutai... but I'd rather be on fucking Gugnir. What's in a name?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Durpandal Also, if these are going to be named after the Legacy weapons, why are half of them swords?

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

Always the chance to move to Aegis <3

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    Durpandal Also, if these are going to be named after the Legacy weapons, why are half of them swords?
    http://www.wannafork.com/files/video...hort_thumb.png
    Pick swords!

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i dont think they're legacy weapons so much as they were names of weapons from characters in previous FFs.. and most of the heroes wielded swords. in that list only Aegis was not a weapon but a shield..
    Ridill appears to be the only one that was exclusive from FFXI.

anyway, it might be the dedicated EU server but Ragnarok would be a no brainer for me when i create a new character come 2.0
    Being in the same server in FFXI and FFXIV? priceless.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Some admirable semi-trolling with the name selection.

The only XI town has no merge and gets XI weapon name.
    The other shared XI server name is a brand new server created for EU.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

So am I still going to get put on a random server if I don't resub? Or will everyone who doesn't make a choice just get put on whatever server their server is getting merged into (Kashuan-> Hyperion)?

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I'm merging with Kashuan? Bleh so much for a Trab > Figaro merge.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I thought they were doing server merges when they had finished the new server tech that was supposed to come along with the better less laggy interface and stuff?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Zzsark View Post
    So am I still going to get put on a random server if I don't resub? Or will everyone who doesn't make a choice just get put on whatever server their server is getting merged into (Kashuan-> Hyperion)?
    The listed server+server is the default I believe. Transfers are exceptions.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I'm merging with Kashuan? Bleh so much for a Trab > Figaro merge.
    Mind your tongue, Trabian

Ifrit's lolCudgel
    QQing is what I do best

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Merging with Kashuan? I know nothing about that server. :sadface

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast