RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Can confirm, Starbound is amazing.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

damn im jealous of this spacefrog

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Get hype

v. Enraged Koala Patch Notes

Roses are red
    The dirt on Alpha Tau Aur 5472 IV is blue
    This update is a bit late for Valentine’s Day
    Oops

This update will allow us to add new biomes and make changes to worlds without the possibility of the player losing their world. There will likely be one more world wipe sometime in the future when we finalize the universe layout. This won’t include a character/ship wipe, though, and you can still back up your worlds.

A ton of work has gone into our patching system. After this update, we’ll be able to push content updates as and when they’re completed, rather than waiting for big engine updates to be completed. Updates after this patch will come at a near daily rate.
    Additional goodies:

Valentine’s Day items including swords, costumes, decorations, bow, etc
    Engine feature, tech can now be granted by armors
    Keybinding reconfiguration, minus the UI (you can reconfigure keys through a config file)
    Server stability fixes for servers with many players
    New death animations
    Engine feature, all objects are now scriptable and interactive
    More Avian weaponry
    Projectile changes
    Dogs can now be captured (lots more pets coming soon)
    A bunch of new items and smaller pieces of content
    New (actually sounds good!) microphone instrument with sounds provided by Smooth McGroove!

Additional content has been created (new biomes, etc) but will come out just after this patch, as it needs to be adapted to the new content update system.
    http://playstarbound.com/v-enraged-koala-patch-notes/

BG Level

Just a heads up, this update broke characters made prior to the update. I've noticed 3 problems:

1. The locker on your ship is either missing or crashes the game upon inspection.
    2. You can't add fuel to your ship.
    3. Crafting stations can cause a crash upon inspection.

The only one I think I found a fix to is #3. If you pick up the crafting station then place it again you can use it without any problems. The only other solution is by making a new character and using them until a patch happens.

BG Level

RIP loot:
    Issues surrounding hotfix 2 for Enraged Koala

WARNING: If you have not yet started playing, please make a backup of your ship file, which is located in your steam folder/player/*.shipworld and backups of your world files located in your steam folder/universe/*.world
    CLARIFICATION: We’ve already pushed a partial fix for this issue that ought to prevent more containers from being erased. Please let us know if this is not the case.
    A few hours ago, we pushed a second hotfix to Enraged Koala to fix an issue with seats and beds not being interactive. It worked fine in our limited test cases, but we quickly discovered after pushing from community feedback that it was deleting containers from some preexisting worlds. Some of these were things like the shiplocker and fuelhatch which cannot be legitimately obtained in the game, rendering that ship unplayable.
    The only fix for this issue right now is to remove your shipworld and allow the game to regenerate them, or restore from backup if you have one. You will lose the contents of your ship if you do not have a backup.
    We are all deeply sorry for the lost data, and will work hard in the future to prevent issues like this from occurring.
    For those interested, here’s a quick technical write up on why this happened.
    http://playstarbound.com/issues-surr...enraged-koala/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Updates to be released more often
    Starbound developer Chucklefish has posted an blog update, noting that programmers are putting the finishing touches on a system it plans to use to push updates out more frequently. According to the post, the team plans to separate content and engine updates with the former pushed to the server when finished. This mean players will no longer have to wait on engine updates, with the latter getting additional internal testing. The “best/most fitting mods” will also be added to the game with increased frequency.
    http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/21/star...se-separately/
    http://playstarbound.com/20th-february-blog-post/

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Anybody still playing this? Server still running somewhere?

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Been waiting on a major update forever. I've moved on so when I come back it's fresh again.

BG Level

They've been updating regularly on the website, but yeah, nothing on a major update yet.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

pretty excited, lots of features i've been waiting for in that vid. been a while since a content update... but hey. could be worse. could've paid $20 for cube world

BG Level

Hyped as fuck. I have been thinking of playing this again, but I'll wait til the update.

BG still going to host?

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chrian Kywind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

holy moly dis looks goooood. I should get my gf starbound.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Hyped as fuck. I have been thinking of playing this again, but I'll wait til the update.

BG still going to host?
    I think the biggest problem we had hosting the BG server was that people were giving the info out to non-BGers (I'm going to pretend this is the case) who ransacked houses or littered them with junk just because they could. It started to drive out the people who enjoyed playing with BGers.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    I think the biggest problem we had hosting the BG server was that people were giving the info out to non-BGers (I'm going to pretend this is the case) who ransacked houses or littered them with junk just because they could. It started to drive out the people who enjoyed playing with BGers.
    I ruined it and I apologize for nothing.
    http://i.ytimg.com/vi/1zBbt5jmGAU/maxresdefault.jpg

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

yes there will be a new starmeow server that Ill be hosting
    itll be invite only, wont be semi public like the last one, probably a max of 10 people, maybe less
    I know that kinda sucks, I know some of you might not get on but yeah, like mina said, we lost a lot of shiny things due to some shitty people

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

pumped to give this another go round. Update trailer looks great.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Does this game still lack any clear-cut goals? I bought it way back when the beta released, but aside from the "craft this, kill that, hey now you can go into deeper space" quest chain that starts as soon as you open up the game, I was never able to find anything that motivated me to do anything specific. I've seen mention of quests in patch notes, but certainly never come across any.

I mean, I get that you're supposed to do whatever you want, but I always felt like I was missing something. The patch notes/trailers/screenshots indicate that there's quests/pets/gardening/mechs and all this cool shit, but I never actually encountered any of it.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    yes there will be a new starmeow server that Ill be hosting
    itll be invite only, wont be semi public like the last one, probably a max of 10 people, maybe less
    I know that kinda sucks, I know some of you might not get on but yeah, like mina said, we lost a lot of shiny things due to some shitty people
    Ah that sucks to hear. I heard they decided to just say screw it to the beta phases they had and are going to go full release this update. So maybe better moderation tools to prevent that kind of bullshit.

EDIT: Bleh, just saw a changelog of updates and doesn't look like anything like that. Kinda sucks since I know there was a bit to be desired in terms of online mode such as better mod tools/server-bound characters

EDIT2: Admin logins comming so there will be commands. Guess we'll see what the game allows in terms of controls.