BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Looking forward to checking this out when I get home. Looks excellent

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I wish I could get off work early to give this a shot.

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Working from home today... I know exactly what I'm doing for my lunch break...

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I didn't receive a beta email (yet) today, but I was able to click on the link in the email I got from Humble Bundle on the day I pre-ordered Starbound, get my Steam key, and activate it on Steam. Then I was able to download the beta.

I'm not able to play yet (remoted into my home box for the install) but just wanted to let you guys know.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Have played a bit, it's harder than Terraria (at the beginning anyway) which is quite a good thing. Monsters hit pretty hard and you don't have auto regenerating life. Love it so far, have to wait until later to play more though ):

Got a few hours into it so far. Loving it, maybe more than Terraria. It feels so much bigger and the modern-ish feel is wonderful. Smooth as can be for a beta, too.

BG Level

Damn this is tough. Anyone have any advice for finding iron?

Stay near the surface pretty much. I always get screwed pretty hard when I dig down looking for iron and such. Also doesn't hurt to put some coal in your ship and try other planets.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

anyone else having major framerate issues? my pc is pretty shitty, but it shouldn't be that shitty

Haven't had any issues in 6ish hours of gameplay, might just be you

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

About five in my gaming community are playing throughout the week. If anyone is looking to chat with fellow players PM me for info. We have a TS channel setup and whatnot.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Got the four-pack and distributed among some fine gentlemen. I'm really enjoying this game so far.

Edit: God damned TBR trying to get me killed with poison goop!
    Kidding. :3 I know it wasn't intentional.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    anyone else having major framerate issues? my pc is pretty shitty, but it shouldn't be that shitty
    It is pretty bad in some areas. My friend found a temple and when I was exploring it when I got close to an electric forcefield or something along those lines my framerate did start to stutter a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    About five in my gaming community are playing throughout the week. If anyone is looking to chat with fellow players PM me for info. We have a TS channel setup and whatnot.
    I might shoot a PM sometime tomorrow.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chrian Kywind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

found medical bay operated by a monkey trapped the monkey and lotted everything

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

My brother and I decided that it was time to dig all the way to the bottom, and we would have succeeded, but it appears that they have some sort of barrier for the beta. There is just an infinite pool of lava in the way, and you can actually see the underground structure still, but it's all covered in lava. A little disappointing, but maybe it was intentional to signify the center of the planet or something.

Interesting stuff for the night:

Came across a village of Avians complete with markets and tons of loot. They threatened us if we equipped our weapons. The guards even told us that we were welcome as long as we didn't break anything or kill anyone. Waging war against an Avian village might be the first thing we do tomorrow...

My starter world is awesome. Along with the above village, it has a few Glitch houses, travelers (sometimes aggressive) camping on the surface, and merchants. My brother's world that he flew off to is not awesome. It is so cold that you can walk on the surface for maybe 30 seconds.

The random monsters are pretty hilarious, and we have a fun time trying to explain a new one that we see to the other people.

At one point, we thought we had found a dungeon and started running around looking for treasure and such. We finally reached the end of it and found nothing, so we back tracked to an exit and found that sitting on top of the exit was an outhouse. We had been sifting through the sewers for 30 minutes, and this gave us a pretty good laugh.

We found a tower where Avians were holding a woman hostage. We proceeded to kill all of the hostile Avians and the woman came out to greet us and give us a reward. However, one of my friends instantly assumed she was bad and killed her as she exclaimed, "Kleux bless you!"

All in all, pretty fun night on the game. I'm not quite sure where to go next, but we have a ton of fuel ready for a new planet.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Spoiler: show

goty

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post

goty
    For a second I thought you were gonna post this.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chrian Kywind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

dug really deep into a planet
    flesh and bone blocks.
    activated the distress beacon , was inside a building jumping, insta death and beacon is gone

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy-Killer View Post
    My brother and I decided that it was time to dig all the way to the bottom, and we would have succeeded, but it appears that they have some sort of barrier for the beta. There is just an infinite pool of lava in the way, and you can actually see the underground structure still, but it's all covered in lava. A little disappointing, but maybe it was intentional to signify the center of the planet
    [...]
    came out to greet us and give us a reward. However, one of my friends instantly assumed she was bad and killed her as she exclaimed, "Kleux bless you!"

All in all, pretty fun night on the game. I'm not quite sure where to go next, but we have a ton of fuel ready for a new planet.
    This made me buy the game.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Having a ton of fun. My starter planet has a Monkey Science Lab.. or it did. I am in the process of mining it for the rest of its mats. I love the fact you can mine 9 blocks at once.

FYI, since I cant find the controls anywhere, the RMB interacts with stuff in the background.