Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

"Game of Thrones" star Peter Dinklage is the latest name to join the ever-growing cast of Bryan Singer's X-Men: Days of Future Past. Singer himself posted the news to his Twitter feed this evening.

"Officially like to welcome #PeterDinklage from #GameOfThrones to #XMEN #DaysofFuturePast Very very excited!" Singer writes.

Although Dinklage's character has not yet been confirmed, the Death at a Funeral star has long since been a fan-favorite to play Puck, a dwarf member of Canada's mutant team, Alpha Flight.

X-Men: Days of Future Past features a script by Simon Kinberg and is said to be inspired Chris Claremont and John Byrne's comic book storyline that ran in "Uncanny X-Men" #141 and 142 back in 1981. "Days of Future Past" introduced the idea of an alternate future for Marvel's mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.

Dinklage joins Hugh Jackman, Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult, Anna Paquin, Ellen Page and Shawn Ashmore in the July 18, 2014.
    Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movie...QicwTPOreYD.99
    Could give two craps about the presumed role of Puck but Dinklage is still Dinklage.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Puck is awesome, especially with Tyrion-level swagger and humor. Awesome news. Who doesn't love a hairy, tiny, bouncy, super hero?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Why bring Puck into this story as he was never in the original comic? Oh well, typical overload of actors to make the story suffer.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Puck was in One Man's Worth wasn't he? Maybe they are doing some kind of mash up of the two stories.

EDIT: Not Puck. I think his character was named Leech? I don't know man, its been forever since I watched the cartoon. It was that episode where someone went back in time to the 1960s and assassinated a young Charles Xavier and that lead to the Age of Apocalypse.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well reports today state that Dinklage is going to be the main villain of the movie so not Puck after all. Question then is who the heck is he playing as villain?

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Mini Magneto

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Puck was in One Man's Worth wasn't he? Maybe they are doing some kind of mash up of the two stories.

EDIT: Not Puck. I think his character was named Leech? I don't know man, its been forever since I watched the cartoon. It was that episode where someone went back in time to the 1960s and assassinated a young Charles Xavier and that lead to the Age of Apocalypse.
    Those are two separate storylines. the Age of Apocalypse was brought about by Legion the son of Xavier who traveled back in time to kill Magneto with the thought that if Mags wasn't around his fathers dream would come true and mutants/humans would co-exist. Instead he accidentally killed his father and shit hit the fan as a result.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well if he is going to be a villain I'm hoping for Toad lol. Can't think of any midget X-villains.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hell other than Puck I can't think of any midget X-people period unless you count random Morlocks that might be vertically challenged.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Prob introduce a completely new fucking awful character because that's a what these movies are about. Being fucking awful

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    Prob introduce a completely new fucking awful character because that's a what these movies are about. Being fucking awful
    He will be Nutpunch! Born with the X-Gene that puts him at the perfect height to be eye to eye with testicles, he gained a burning hatred for all things scrotum!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Latest rumor from MTV Geek is that he'll be playing Bolivar Trask.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Been 10 years since I've read X-men, but I could see maybe making him the Shadow King. Since he just possesses bodies, Dinklage could just be the vessel for his current incarnation.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Watch them just make him a mastermold sentinel

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

obvi he is just going to be lockheed

http://s7d4.scene7.com/is/image/Cost...85334?$medium$

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Broven so bitter

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Had me at Tyrion. Lost me at Storm.......

<redacted>

It sounds like we can cautiously add Halle Berry to the list of returning X-stars in Bryan Singer's X-Men: Days of Future Past.
    Although it hasn't been officially announced yet, Indie Wire says the actress will "most likely" be reprising her role as Storm in the upcoming comic book sequel -- "practically 90 percent sure," the report says. Negotiations are underway.

plz no

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Well reports today state that Dinklage is going to be the main villain of the movie so not Puck after all. Question then is who the heck is he playing as villain?
    Forget being a bad guy, there is only one role he could fill

Ridill
    BG Level

Do you know what happens to a toad in when it gets struck by lightning?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast