Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah I think it is pretty much common knowledge that NCSoft has never in the past (and probably never will in the future) "truly" care about their NA/EU branches/customers. Things won't change with Aion 3.0 or 4.0 and probably won't change their practices when Blade & Soul comes out. Folks have said in the past "Well NA/EU is where the $ is at." Well that is fine and dandy, but NCSoft ultimately doesn't care... enough. Sure they care enough to pitch you their games and get you to open your wallet, but they won't give an inch beyond that. I am not surprised at all that the majority of the office personnel have quit (moved on to definitely greener pastures) or have been laid off.

Don't get me wrong I can see that for some Aion is still fun to play or games like Blade & Soul will be fun to play, but if you have had such horrible experiences in the past, and still do, I question why you would want to still play any of their games. I played Aion for 6 months (since release) and then quit after seeing how NCWest/NCSoft handled the game. No questions asked, no bitching either, I just moved on.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You should hear the stories I'm told about the Korean overlords working with them. There are vast cultural, language, legal, and attitude differences. Korea doesn't really care much about adapting to the western style.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So I just tried to do my first SR mid run since being back. The tank (who was amazingly 43 and never been in SR) didn't know what to do. He did ok until we got to the wine room and he started massacring us over and over. Two people left in frustration. The cleric starting looking for more members, and I voiced my concern to him in whisper that the rest of this run was going to be brutal if we kept the tank.

Sadly I failed to notice that the cleric and temp were in the same legion before I sent this whisper... though I don't think I was disrespectful in the way I said it. The cleric managed to get a 55 from their legion to come mentor the run, while asking the temp to get in their ventrillo. I thought things were shaping up, they would teach the templar how to pull SR, and life would be good.

They waited until the replacements had arrived... and they kicked me. >< The temp sent me a whisper right after saying he was sorry, but he was told to kick me. Probing the cleric didn't get a response.

This, while not all that terrible, has really taken away my motivation to continue. Most of my FT groups were full of bad players, which seems a lot worse than when I played last year. I only pressed on through that instance because it is harder to produce a completely fail run, and the drop rate is probably close to 50% on golds now, with the addition of the chests.

Guess I'll hang up my bow for a bit and try out my 55 Glad again, and see if there are still any worthwhile people to play with left.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Gf got an email. Her account was cleared and we can play again.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

A lot of people don't know how to do Steel Rake anymore, but that's some remarkably rude treatment. You won't get much in the way of competent groups until Theo Labs (I forget the Asmo version) and even then it's a crap shoot. What server/faction are you on? And as a ranger if you can find a buddy to do stuff with you can low man a lot.

Glad to hear it Eanae.

Official Nannyman of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Theo Labs' equivalent, Adma, is a bit more of a crapshoot simply because the final boss fight has a huge random factor -- Lannok can cast what amounts to a Doom spell; it HAS to be taken off by the cleric ASAP. In addition, he will summon adds regularly through the fight, and some of them are casters -- these can end a healer's day PDQ. You need enough DPS to take down the adds and make progress on Lannok.

It's easier if you have geared 55 people, but honestly, there's not much point in doing it at that point. While many of the weapons Lannok drops are extending, despite being Lv50 they have the stats of a level 45 weapon. This isn't a HUGE deal right now, though you pretty much have to +10 them and socket some accuracy, but when the cap goes up to 60, a level 45-equivalent weapon simply isn't going to cut it. Lannok/Triroan might not really be worth a lot of effort anymore.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Getting from 45-51 was such a huge grind for me on my cleric, but 51-55 is a total breeze. Solo or low man in Udas and you'll be 55 in a few days.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

She didn't get rewarded the level 50 armor... She's livid. Back off to dealing with support we go...

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah, Miragent/Fenris just went out. Claimed it on a Lv50 alt I barely play, who has shitty armor because of it. Might as well.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Doing the Fen/Mir quests gave so much wasted exp at the time(50 cap) I figured they could easily take to you 52/53 for new chars now.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Rifting is so terrible now. Why did nc soft ruin the best part about the game...

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Double. Whoops.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Because there were a small number of hardcore rifters, who were effectively unbeatable for teams of casuals, wholesale slaughtering entire groups of the Prime Revenue Base. Ever try to do Fire Temple on an asmo and find out the entrance is being camped by a rifting SM?

That's why. A handful of assholes farming a whole lot of noobs.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

There's much better solutions they could have used. They over killed it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Is that deal for the lv50 set over? Already missed the vet rewards claiming ><.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Yeah the set went out yesterday.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

As long as you had a paying account as of 3/13 you should be able to redeem the set via the website like you could vet rewards.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Is there any point to AP, other than adv. stigmas, now that you can get better PvP gear through Crucible?? I have around 500k AP on my glad that I need to dump and I have no idea what I should get.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Accessories. Cannot emphasize this enough. PvP accessories are not available through cruc, and they make a significant different when everyone is sporting pvp armor and weapons.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Thanks, knew I was overlooking something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast