+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Official Nannyman of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

It does have a pretty smashing character creator.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

One thing is for certain and that's going to be a major population increase, i think it's safe to say that there will be at a bare minimum 500,000 legit new players ramping up with word of mouth. And there's some information that they're going to extend the free trial to level 40 soon until this hits for people who want a head start. I just want a mmorpg that has a healthy player population at this point which is non existant for anything that isn't WoW. I've never actually played Aion before but so far with the free trial, i'm liking it alot.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Free 14 day trial/reactivation head start begins Feb 27 through March 12.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Just for the lulz... they're also offering incentive to people who have active accounts by Mid-March, by giving everyone level 50 Miragent/Fenris armor.

For those who haven't played that far, it was probably the hottest PVE set you could get when the cap was 50, though anuhart would give it a very solid run for its money. At 55, it's still pretty decent, but considering how absurdly easy it is to get a full set of decent 55 eternal PvP armor (which is pretty decent in pve) through crucible, now...

At 60, it's gonna be a joke. A complete joke. Also, the best reason to do the absurd quests you need to do to get the armor is that you can get a weapon afterwards which is pretty damned good for some classes, and a really good title.

With this free armor, you don't get quest credit for the armor, you don't get a weapon, and you don't get the title. If you want the best parts of the set, you still need to all the work.

[e] this came out a bit more cynical than I intended, I'm MORE than happy to get this armor for free on my 50 sin i don't play very often, and who has crap gear. It'll make the times I do play it much much easier. And this IS a really good set while you're leveling 50-55. So it's not a stupid idea, just kinda overemphasized in an environment that's going to 60 cap soon.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I would recommend this game to people who haven't played this game before. In its current state its pretty good, the only problem with this game is when you hit the insane grinding levels after 42 and run out of quest and the RNG at endgame but besides that it was fun.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Imitarate View Post
    Just for the lulz... they're also offering incentive to people who have active accounts by Mid-March, by giving everyone level 50 Miragent/Fenris armor.

For those who haven't played that far, it was probably the hottest PVE set you could get when the cap was 50, though anuhart would give it a very solid run for its money. At 55, it's still pretty decent, but considering how absurdly easy it is to get a full set of decent 55 eternal PvP armor (which is pretty decent in pve) through crucible, now...

At 60, it's gonna be a joke. A complete joke. Also, the best reason to do the absurd quests you need to do to get the armor is that you can get a weapon afterwards which is pretty damned good for some classes, and a really good title.

With this free armor, you don't get quest credit for the armor, you don't get a weapon, and you don't get the title. If you want the best parts of the set, you still need to all the work.

[e] this came out a bit more cynical than I intended, I'm MORE than happy to get this armor for free on my 50 sin i don't play very often, and who has crap gear. It'll make the times I do play it much much easier. And this IS a really good set while you're leveling 50-55. So it's not a stupid idea, just kinda overemphasized in an environment that's going to 60 cap soon.
    I'm am really surprised they are launching so soon. If the date was pushed off a few weeks could have suckered a ton of people to resub early who wouldn't know the fine details.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xalien Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely View Post
    I would recommend this game to people who haven't played this game before. In its current state its pretty good, the only problem with this game is when you hit the insane grinding levels after 42 and run out of quest and the RNG at endgame but besides that it was fun.
    You dont run out of quests anymore. In fact from about level 35 they littered the jungle in Heiron with repeatables..once you hit 40 move on to J village...and once you get to 45 you can finish up to 50 in Theobomos (the PvE only area) if you desire., all repeatables though but incredibly large amounts of exp to be had. Along with the double exp bonus it shouldn't be any issue

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I actually thought about trying the NA version since it'd be really nice full free, but I downloaded the trial today and my ping hovered @250-300ms so I need think if I want to play with that

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

These guys have been pounding my email addresses asses with all the news about Aion going free to play. I was mildly interested for awhile but when I think back on all the awful PvP experiences I had in this game, I can't bring myself to reinstall this thing. Also way too lazy to start a guild and/or find my old crew that I never kept in any contact with really.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

How's the server balance atm, still largely favored to Asmos all around?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Hahahaha what. Even Vaizel has more elyos than asmos now. Other servers, it's worse.

[e] hahaha no seriously, except for Vaizel for about 6 months I've never heard of "favored towards asmos" before, what server did you use to play on?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

So as an EU person, am I able to play on NA servers some how? I am in desperate need of something free to play until GW2, and honestly I loved Aion when it first came out it was the intensity of the grinding in the mid 30s that put me off the game, reading that there is a lot more quests and some repeatables to level you up I am very interested, EU get royally fucked in the ass about this as well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I had no problem creating a trial NA account on my EU Ncsoft Master Account.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by LidenbokValour View Post
    So as an EU person, am I able to play on NA servers some how? I am in desperate need of something free to play until GW2, and honestly I loved Aion when it first came out it was the intensity of the grinding in the mid 30s that put me off the game, reading that there is a lot more quests and some repeatables to level you up I am very interested, EU get royally fucked in the ass about this as well.
    As far as I know, there are no regional restrictions on the NA servers, so you should be able to play there if you want. High ping may be problematic though.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Aight, sweet thanks. I'll give it a go once it is out.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Imitarate View Post
    Hahahaha what. Even Vaizel has more elyos than asmos now. Other servers, it's worse.

[e] hahaha no seriously, except for Vaizel for about 6 months I've never heard of "favored towards asmos" before, what server did you use to play on?
    At Aion's peak, balance fluctuated more on a handful of guilds and the cooperation/strife between them.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Triniel, before it went boom, was completely Asmo dominated. We controlled everything but that was due to having the top 2 US guilds (AP wise) on our side. Once all the "hardcore" pvp'ers quit at the 6 month mark, we got completely dominated so more and more asmo's quit or rerolled. I'm sure this happened on many servers. Silly 2 faction PVP.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm not really focused right now, but for old subs, we do get something in return right? Besides the 14 day reactivation? Because I'm all for coming back and wrecking the shit out of asmos

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

14 days and it looks like the opportunity to log in and send out any veteran rewards you didn't claim before, until Monday.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hmm..not too bad. Gives you a chance to get ready for the massive influx of people. Then all hell breaks loose then.