Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

A few tips since you asked:
    1) Make sure you keep up with your campaign quests as you level. They are usually huge exp boosts and sometimes give decent armor or weapons for their level.
    2) Level your essencetapping while you level, especially on the fast-track server. You can level your aethertapping as well, but that's a bit harder to do until you get more flight-time later in the game on armor and wings.
    3) Coin repeatables are your friend if you don't mind it being incredibly grindy. I believe they start at level 20 and you can get full sets of armor + weapons by using those coins and they usually give nice exp rewards.
    4) When selling stuff on the trade broker, be sure to actually check the going rate for that item in the buy tab instead of going off the default price the broker window starts with when trying to sell. 9 times out of 10, the going rate is higher than the default price. A lot of people don't realize this and price things incredibly lower than they should.

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Excellent, thank you.

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Oh another tip that I always forget about: Redeem your Atreian Atlas rewards as you level.

http://gameguide.na.aiononline.com/aion/atreian

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

No add ons for this sans the meter from a few years ago correct?

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

I'm also on Israphel as well. Character is Guyver. Rolled warrior, and going to go Templar with it ( loved it before I stopped playing awhile back ).

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

4.0 release date is set at June 26th. No patch notes yet. New event "Code Red" starting June 5th and going till the patch.
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/06...4-0-june-26th/

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Edit: Fixed my issue, apparently you can only sign in with your email now these days.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

They finally released the teaser trailer for the third new class, Aethertech.

http://na.aiononline.com/en/news/ann...aethertech.php

If anyone was interested.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

that class may be enough to get me to play again. it looks fucking awesome

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Soooo....

Some friends wanted to play something while we waited for Black Desert, rerolled some new chars on Siel Asmo. Apparently NCsoft largely fixed the game, somehow. Sides and classes are balanced, friends having a blast with new classes, the leveling curve was adjusted big time with a no pvp fast track server that you can switch between at will like a channel, instance matching, drop rates are actually higher than I would prefer, and bosses drop smart boxes for the good stuff. NCsoft really wants you to get geared and be happy. REALLY...got 2 Krom weapons+full accessories by 4th? run, and also got this on my last FT run....

Spoiler: show

I like to eat food
    BG Level

That's funny. I got an email from them the other day about returning blah blah blah. I have no idea where my character is now, but I had a 43/44 Ranger 4/5 years ago.

Got tired of grinding out the repeatable quest outside either Krotan or Miren forts in Abyss. I did have two of the lv40 PVP pieces though, which was a nice boost.

Is any of that still relevant?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Not really. The cap is 65 now and between campaign quests, instances, and the welfare golds npc in town you stay pretty geared. AP either seems easier to get, the penalties changed, or player mentality as everyone comes to battle and high ranks were getting blown up left and right at some forts.

Lower 40s could do SR, which they also changed one of the floors to a solo instance.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Senji View Post
    Not really. The cap is 65 now and between campaign quests, instances, and the welfare golds npc in town you stay pretty geared. AP either seems easier to get, the penalties changed, or player mentality as everyone comes to battle and high ranks were getting blown up left and right at some forts.

Lower 40s could do SR, which they also changed one of the floors to a solo instance.
    Yeah I saw the solo SR thing. Would obviously prefer to do the group one as the drops are better, but at least they added these things.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Don't yall go gettin my nostalgia worked up for my templar I miss...

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    Don't yall go gettin my nostalgia worked up for my templar I miss...
    nothing like picking something up with your shield then mercilessly slamming it back down

Wonder if they ever made warrior leveling less about popping a bandage/potion after every fight and fixed stupid shit like skill weaving.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Wonder if they ever made warrior leveling less about popping a bandage/potion after every fight and fixed stupid shit like skill weaving.
    I finished the starter area by doing only 3/4 of the campaign quests only, only finished them all for completion sake. I have blues when I had whites before, and golds instead of greens, they really transformed the whole QOL feel. I can only wonder what it would be like if they launched with it this way, or how much they've learned for whatever is next.

I suppose my grievance is tailored more to like the 40+ grind. Last I'd actually played, I maybe hit 53 or so, but just got annoyed by the abundance of consumables I needed just to kill same-level fodder with the level 50 daeva set (sans weapon). Gear replacements also didn't seem available at that point, or at least competitive with the set. The PvP gankfest that went on in the central whatever zone of the 50+ area didn't help my interest any.

The skill weaving issue was more a matter of auto-attacks resetting when you used a skill. Some people had macros configured specially so it'd wait x time before popping the skill, allowing the auto-attack to sneak in and get canceled by the animation. The difference in DPS from those who did and didn't do this was kinda absurd, and if you had a questionable rig, you couldn't even really rely on macros due to hardware lag... a very real thing in more active locales. Still, guess I'll give the game a peek when I get the chance here. Something to do is better than nothing.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've been playing it again recently. I lost all my old info, I guess when they merged or something? Used to play with BG Aion in what feels like forever ago.

Up on IS as a Eylos Templar, Insanecyclone. Leveling is so much easier and shit now that I decided to sub to it. Prob for a couple months to reap the benefits then just play it free.

Plan on making a asmo on Tiamat later tonight.

Coins make getting gear a hell of a lot easier too.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah, the coins for golds rain in, and can trade the obsolete ones for next tier up too. Enchanting is also seems super easy, I've been rolling +15's without very much effort. There is also that enhancement thing, I forget the name, but I get my crit rating pumped up each time so far.