Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

There's a pic from a year or so ago where a few younger dev team members are RNGing the mog bonanza numbers and they look like they are having a ton of fun while Tanaka stands about 3 feet behind them looking displeased. Seems like it would be a good base for a shop.

EDIT: Thar she blows.
    http://bonanza.hokutenknights.com/images/drawing.png

"Hm, they're all smiling and excited, how can I balance this out..."

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Me too...

As for the first images I posted in this thread, I realize they're wordy as hell, but it's kind of the joke. It's a really overblown, contrived thought process leading to a disadvantageous outcome for the playerbase... mostly just my take on guessing "What the fuck goes on in Tanaka's head?"

I personally just think the man is deranged. I picture him sitting in front of hundreds of monitors, spying on our characters, 24/7. When asked why he does it, he says "with great power comes great responsibility..."

Actually just got another glorious idea, can't wait for the chance for this next one...
    The first images were brilliant. If people don't have the attention span to read your frighteningly realistic simulation of the deranged balanced ramblings, it is their loss.

I think in any business that requires adaptability, creativity, and ingenuity, older people are just generally not the best for the position. I assume this is an issue in Japanese culture itself, but goddamn he is a fucking toolbag. He would probably be great as an adviser, but stripped of all decision making power and power in general, so there was no fear of bullying or him getting his way.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

A magic 8-ball would serve a better job as an advisor.

I would love Tanaka content if it went trough a brita filter of sane people who increase drop rates and just make it less soul crushing in general. The template for his events are always really cool but once he starts trying to figure out how he can keep people doing the shit for 5 years he turns it terrible.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by InsaniacTHF View Post
    I would love Tanaka content if it went trough a brita filter of sane people who increase drop rates and just make it less soul crushing in general. The template for his events are always really cool but once he starts trying to figure out how he can keep people doing the shit for 5 years he turns it terrible.
    I totally agree with this statement especially the bolded. I think it's why I always come back to this game. I really do have a ton of fun doing events, even for the 3rd or 4th go-round. To me, CoP never gets boring.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I see Tanaka as a lot like George Lucas; great idea guys, but someone else should be between them and the details. Both are too stubborn to admit that they aren't good at what they aren't good at and that someone else should help them smooth things out.

Neo-Nyzul shot first!!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

There's a pic from a year or so ago where a few younger dev team members are RNGing the mog bonanza numbers and they look like they are having a ton of fun while Tanaka stands about 3 feet behind them looking displeased. Seems like it would be a good base for a shop.

EDIT: Thar she blows.
    http://bonanza.hokutenknights.com/images/drawing.png
    Tanaka vs the Abyssea Dev's.

Nut Steamer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'd pay for this content, keep em comin guys -_-

This is what awaits the first group to clear neo-nyzul F100.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cem Bob
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Me too...

As for the first images I posted in this thread, I realize they're wordy as hell, but it's kind of the joke. It's a really overblown, contrived thought process leading to a disadvantageous outcome for the playerbase... mostly just my take on guessing "What the fuck goes on in Tanaka's head?"

I personally just think the man is deranged. I picture him sitting in front of hundreds of monitors, spying on our characters, 24/7. When asked why he does it, he says "with great power comes great responsibility..."

Actually just got another glorious idea, can't wait for the chance for this next one...
    For what it's worth, I thought it was a brilliant interpretation of the responses we get on the official forums, you emulated the style of writing that they dribble out perfectly.

What also made me giggle was the thought that years ago Berticus would only have to put up with different ways of the devs refusing to talk about anything (unless it was cheese sandwiches, of course). Now we actually get responses like this. I'm not sure which is worse tbh...

And finally the horrified Taru at the bottom really tied it up nicely.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I love it!

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Properly written English would make that funnier, in my opinion. It hasn't anything to do with being PC, but how ancient of a joke mocking the JP playerbase by Engrish-izing words is.

Actual unintentional Engrish is hilarious, but faked Engrish trying for a forced laugh is not.

It just seemed weird to me to have him speaking perfect english. I wasn't really trying to make it any more funny but in my head that's how it sounded. Your critique is noted =P

Here's one with PROPER SPELLING.

And one with NO TEXT if you had a better idea.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Honestly, I have no idea whether he speaks English well or not. Does anyone?

Dayman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsuneo Okumura
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I looked around, and I could only find Sage Sundi speaking English.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Current one in the making is going to span more images than I thought... I just wanted to show Tanaka's Dark Side...

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I remember at Fanfests Tanaka had a translator so either his English isn't the best or he didn't want to sully his mouth with the language of the gaijin.

Also remember filling out 50+ suggestion slips on their Q/A for AV and instead they picked Cheese Sandwich.