Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Agreed about the X-2 comments. Last Hope was the 4th one, definitely suggest the second one if you have PSP to play the remake on. And Crystal Chronicles was awesome even with only two people.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Edit: Nvm, beaten. Damnit Diddy.

Also, CC was ballin'. I remember playing that for hours with my neighbour back in the day.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

What's with the FF4 hate?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalhart View Post
    Probably haven't played the PSP remake.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Offtopic, but:
    I is nearly unplayable, imop.
    II/III after wasting a few hours grinding through I with neither an enjoyable plot nor an enjoyable battle system, I didn't even check out its NES compatriots.
    IV wasn't engaging or fun, so I can't really rate it because I barely played it.
    V was awesome. Fuck plots, we have a job system!
    VI was pretty great for SNES, but I feel the translation was likely terrible and the game would have been even better if it had a good translation (Kafka coming off as evil instead of funny, etc.)
    VII was okay, but I could never bring myself to care about Aeris or (honestly) the plot in general. It was still enjoyable enough though. I liked Red XIII's story best.
    VIII had an annoying draw system and Squall was an emo kid. Other than that, I liked it.
    IX was fine until half way through the game when the plot totally changed because they realized they would only make it to disk 2 saving the princess.
    X was a soap opera and it was way too easy to become ridiculously powerful. I hated this game more than any other FF.
    XI was trash. Never play it.
    XII wasn't very engaging for me, but perhaps I've gotten too old for the "Surprise, you're saving the world!" plot twist.
    XIII/X-II/whatever - Did not play

Random other games:
    Suikoden III - Play I and II first if you want, but it works fine by itself too. Forget that they made IV, V, and Tactics and don't taint your impression of III.
    Bahamut's Lagoon - Get it emulated, which is the only way you can play it because it was never translated. Dejap translation group, I think.
    Kingdom Hearts - It was so much cooler than I thought it would be when reading about it. II is super-easy-mode, but I is balanced pretty well. I sense the spirit of Tanaka.
    Star Ocean 1/2 - Both good and pretty fun to play. 3 had better graphics (it was on PS2), but was a worse game in my opinion.
    Grandia II - NA translation is pretty funny. Gameplay/etc... not so much maybe. Still funny.
    Disgaea - Great game. I never played any related sequels though.
    rofl

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    10 was really good too. I still haven't played all the way through 9.
    Should definitely take the time to play through 9, that game is awesome possum.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalhart View Post
    IV was amazing. Still my favourite FF to date.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Offtopic, but:
    I is nearly unplayable, imop.
    II/III after wasting a few hours grinding through I with neither an enjoyable plot nor an enjoyable battle system, I didn't even check out its NES compatriots.
    IV wasn't engaging or fun, so I can't really rate it because I barely played it.
    V was awesome. Fuck plots, we have a job system!
    VI was pretty great for SNES, but I feel the translation was likely terrible and the game would have been even better if it had a good translation (Kafka coming off as evil instead of funny, etc.)
    VII was okay, but I could never bring myself to care about Aeris or (honestly) the plot in general. It was still enjoyable enough though. I liked Red XIII's story best.
    VIII had an annoying draw system and Squall was an emo kid. Other than that, I liked it.
    IX was fine until half way through the game when the plot totally changed because they realized they would only make it to disk 2 saving the princess.
    X was a soap opera and it was way too easy to become ridiculously powerful. I hated this game more than any other FF.
    XI was trash. Never play it.
    XII wasn't very engaging for me, but perhaps I've gotten too old for the "Surprise, you're saving the world!" plot twist.
    XIII/X-II/whatever - Did not play

Random other games:
    Suikoden III - Play I and II first if you want, but it works fine by itself too. Forget that they made IV, V, and Tactics and don't taint your impression of III.
    Bahamut's Lagoon - Get it emulated, which is the only way you can play it because it was never translated. Dejap translation group, I think.
    Kingdom Hearts - It was so much cooler than I thought it would be when reading about it. II is super-easy-mode, but I is balanced pretty well. I sense the spirit of Tanaka.
    Star Ocean 1/2 - Both good and pretty fun to play. 3 had better graphics (it was on PS2), but was a worse game in my opinion.
    Grandia II - NA translation is pretty funny. Gameplay/etc... not so much maybe. Still funny.
    Disgaea - Great game. I never played any related sequels though.
    You've played Suikoden II, yet you think FFVI SNES had the terrible translation?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Pretty sure he was joking

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Why hasn't Tanaka's head been shopped on the "Aliens" photo yet?!

I suck with Photoshop or I'd do it

I'm not sure what aliens photo you mean.

Posted this in the vanafest thread. Doesn't make much sense out of context but whatever!!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ohhh, Is that the guy from ancient aliens? So you're saying you want a universal "Balance" meme with Tanaka's face on that guy?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by InsaniacTHF View Post
    Ohhh, Is that the guy from ancient aliens? So you're saying you want a universal "Balance" meme with Tanaka's face on that guy?
    It would be quite enjoyable yes

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    It would be quite enjoyable yes
    I hate that meme with a passion. Surely there's an alternative.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Maybe :O pitch me some

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well you coudl take one of my ideas i've been too lazy to make i guess. A picture of the log with the caption Tanaka Entertainment System in the NES font would be good.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://www.waffles-production.com/public/loglogger.png
    That Japanese is accurate btw below the title. +1 for effort!

Made this a while back when Voidwatch and Walk of Echoes came out, been meaning to make more...

Expansions!

Rise of the Loggers

A Chain of Logs

Treasure-Troves of Ah... Logs!

Wings of... God Dam'n Logs!

I'll pay someone to find where Tanaka lives and ship him a Real life Log and have them block his driveway or house door or something with it.

Make sure you carve into the log "Not so funny now is it asshole" in Japanese.

K thanks.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Calintzpso View Post
    http://www.waffles-production.com/public/loglogger.png
    That Japanese is accurate btw below the title. +1 for effort!

Made this a while back when Voidwatch and Walk of Echoes came out, been meaning to make more...

Expansions!

Rise of the Loggers

A Chain of Logs

Treasure-Troves of Ah... Logs!

Wings of... God Dam'n Logs!

I'll pay someone to find where Tanaka lives and ship him a Real life Log and have them block his driveway or house door or something with it.

Make sure you carve into the log "Not so funny now is it asshole" in Japanese.

K thanks.
    wonder if tanaka knows about Naruto the abridged series would be funny if someone could photo shot his face onto Sasuke's

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Chainsaws of Promathia sounds better and makes me smile. But it doesn't fit the log theme.
    But Logs of the Goddess....that's an interesting mental image.