Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: Spring 2012 Anime Season     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The VN is completely translated. Not sure what he's talking about; maybe Hollow Ataraxia.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I could be confusing the VNs. There's an asston of them and at least one isn't finished with the translation.It's a bit annoying to try and keep track of it all.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, Fate/Ataraxia is not finished afaik, F/SN is.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Yeah that was a pretty contrived end. on one hand the previous episode was amazing but the ending was just the exact opposite. The grandmother is nothing like that in the manga and now that I think of it they cut the scenes where the grandmother shows up out of the anime.

To give you a short synopsis of dark sakura
    Spoiler: show
    We see sakura holding it together despite her crappy life and dark sakura is what happens when she finally snaps and you realize that you probably should have seen this coming when you take into account just how bad things were for her. It also establishes Rin as a complete bitch thanks to a comment she makes. She gets her comeuppance for it big time though.
    Sakura tells Rin how bad it was, wonders why she didn't even try to save her etc etc etc and Rin's response was along the lines of "so what? I had to live out a life as a prodigy doing my best to live up to the expectations people had for me." Sakura isn't amused to say the least and makes Rin relive her life. Rin turns into a gibbering mess screaming/begging for mercy before the first hour is up. Oh and sakura starts om nom nomming on people's souls, has unlimited mana, powers the freakin grail, when gilgamesh defeats her she erupts back to life like a goddamned chestburster which results in his probably quite grisly death. This is what i've managed to piece together from hearing people talk about things back when no complete translations were availiable.
    Gil's death probably isn't that grizzly because Sakura had to pretty much dismiss his existence into mana as soon as she captured him, which is why you don't see Dark Gilgamesh around despite him being consumed like Saber and Berserker. Angra Mainyu didn't corrupt his core completely the first time, and it wasn't going to do it the second time.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Started watching F/Z, read the VN a few years ago (didn't finish the heaven's feel route though, but read pretty far in), enjoying it a lot so far, way better than the shitty anime F/SN got

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

At least the Unlimited Blade Works movie was enjoyable since they skipped all the plot stuff that was covered in Stay Night that was similar. And it had more Gilgamesh.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    At least the Unlimited Blade Works movie was enjoyable since they skipped all the plot stuff that was covered in Stay Night that was similar. And it had more Gilgamesh.
    This is always a good thing :D

Black Belt
    BG Level

They also skipped all the important plot stuff, like Archer's reasoning in breaking her contract with Rin, alongside his dialogue with Saber before the Shirou vs Archer fight that explained his true motivation for killing Shirou.

Not to mention that the way the projection battle with Gil was kinda dumbed down considering the VN version had them basically breaking their noble phantasms with every clash

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

I've never seen any of the Fate stuff, and don't know how much of it is spread across different media. Is there a particular order for it? I really want to watch after seeing it mentioned so much.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Start with Fate/Zero, timeline wise it's a prequel to the other Fate stories and the best one. Then watch Fate/Stay Night and the Unlimited Blade Works movie and wonder why they aren't as good.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Not to mention that the way the projection battle with Gil was kinda dumbed down considering the VN version had them basically breaking their noble phantasms with every clash
    The VN version was better since it showed Shirou surpassing Gilgamesh with each strike plus he had the chant, but honestly when I heard they were doing the ENTIRE arc in 1 movie I was expecting large amounts of shit to get left out. If they tried that with Heaven's Feel it'd be practically unwatchable since it's the longest one. The fight was still fun to watch nonetheless in the movie.

Black Belt
    BG Level

the best fight in HF to be animated is the bad end though :/

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Zetman 13 - It's over and the show gets a mild meh from me.

I had a sneaking feeling that they would go with a bad end for this show and while it was certainly a pretty shitty set of circumstances for everyone involved it wasn't a complete bad end. I was expecting an everyone dies ending and that it didn't happen completely surprised me. Of course Jin's life is pretty terrible now, and Kouga has become a glory seeking jerkass. I guess the ending timeskip was supposed to be some sort of hope spot since you see Jin, Kouga, Konoha, and Akemi alive and doing "well", but to me it just highlighted how messed up everything still is.

I really wanted to like this show a lot more than I really did, but it took so long to develop that I almost dropped it several times. I ended up putting this in so ok it's average territory. I can't really recommend it, but it's not like it was horrible or anything.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaun View Post
    Zetman 13 - It's over and the show gets a mild meh from me.

I had a sneaking feeling that they would go with a bad end for this show and while it was certainly a pretty shitty set of circumstances for everyone involved it wasn't a complete bad end. I was expecting an everyone dies ending and that it didn't happen completely surprised me. Of course Jin's life is pretty terrible now, and Kouga has become a glory seeking jerkass. I guess the ending timeskip was supposed to be some sort of hope spot since you see Jin, Kouga, Konoha, and Akemi alive and doing "well", but to me it just highlighted how messed up everything still is.

I really wanted to like this show a lot more than I really did, but it took so long to develop that I almost dropped it several times. I ended up putting this in so ok it's average territory. I can't really recommend it, but it's not like it was horrible or anything.
    Go read the fucking manga I lost all interest in watching afterwards. Terrible fucking adaptation.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I don't doubt that the manga is significantly better, but I just don't care enough about any of the characters to bother.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Coolbeans View Post
    Go read the fucking manga I lost all interest in watching afterwards. Terrible fucking adaptation.
    I have the whole season downloaded, but haven't had a chance to watch it. Sounds like I'm better off trashing it.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Fun fact

The whole Kouga locked in a death mansion thing at the end is supposed to take place after episode 3.

I could nitpick about 100 other shitty things they completely fucked up or omitted entirely but the series is a low priority for me so I just can't be bothered.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

The manga... is sooo much better and builds up the characters so much more compared to the anime >.> (and shows alot more nudity!)
    For example... jins father (at the start) in the anime is like... what 5min in episode 1... the manga does like 2-4 chapters or something on him
    The difference between the anime and manga is... massive, might as well be 2 different storylines.

Black Belt
    BG Level

I just had an epiphany. The Holy Grail War is ultimately a system where the souls of 7 servants are gathered in order to summon an omnipotent wish granting entity.

Incoming Fate/Grail Testament, calling it now.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Sakamichi no Apollon - END

Perfectly choreographed ending. There aren't many of those anymore.

That makes two in the last two years. The other was Steins;Gate.