+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: Spring 2012 Anime Season     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sakamichi no fucking Apollon, doing drama properly. Amazing show, loved every episode. The scenes at the end was really touching.

It's over already?

FUCK

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Absolutely great series. Enough closure at the end without it being forced at all. Some series you hope for a sequel or a second season, but this one ended perfectly fine just the way it did.

Edit: I have no idea where to even look for it, or even if it's out (which it probably isn't), but this is one OST I definitely want to have

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    I have no idea where to even look for it, or even if it's out (which it probably isn't), but this is one OST I definitely want to have
    I can personally attest to the greatness of the OST. I would have liked to see what ended up happening to Brother Jun, but overall great ending to the series.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ohhhhh the OST is already out and I found it super easy! All thanks to your link. Adding that shit to my iPod right nao!

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So anyone else find Jormungand finale lackluster. I realize that well be seeing more of it in the fall but this just seemed like a very lame story to use for the season finale. BTW been reading the manga and its like copy paste of the anime if anyone's interested.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I have the anime in my backlog and also downloaded the manga (though I can't find anything past the 8th volume, I'd appreciate if anyone knows where I can find the rest), but I don't know what I should do first, watch the anime or read the manga?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Icarian View Post
    I have the anime in my backlog and also downloaded the manga (though I can't find anything past the 8th volume, I'd appreciate if anyone knows where I can find the rest), but I don't know what I should do first, watch the anime or read the manga?
    Doesn't matter the anime really is copy paste from the manga.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Sakamichi 12 - Amazing, simply amazing. Easily my favorite anime of the year, and it doesn't matter what airs in the next 2 seasons, I can't imagine anything topping this. I was expecting Lupin to be my show of the season, but this raced past it and never looked back.
    Spoiler: show
    I've said it before, but I love how the characters in the show act and feel like real people. Kaoru's reaction to Sentaro leave was spot on, and I really felt his pain and loneliness of being left behind again. The distant finale worked well, it was nice to see that even after 8 years that he was still trying to forget. I loved seeing him rush off and try to find Sen once he knew where he was, and their reunion was incredibly touching. I never imagined Sen becoming a priest, but in retrospect it is perfect for him. Seeing them have a jam session and mesh together like it had only been 8 days instead of 8 years really cemented how close these two are. Watching them run down the slope one final time and meet Ritsuko there was just the icing on the cake.

Lupin III 13 - Another great finale. If you hadn't figured out by now, I was super hype for this and have really enjoyed it. It was my preseason pick for best show, and while it lived up to my lofty expectations it was beaten by Sakamichi.
    Spoiler: show
    I'm glad the put their mind screwdriver to good use in this last episode. Count Almeida was a total bastard for what he did to Dr Kaiser's daughter, who was surprisingly not Fujiko. Some people may argue that having Fujiko always having been a thief and being mind fucked with false memories ruins her character, but I see it as helping to establish the continuity of character. That is what gave her the strength to overcome the implanted memories and remember who she really was. The fight between Jigen and Goemon was cool although it served no real purpose other than giving them a reason to respect each other. The no end ending was really no surprise since this was just a precursor to the rest of the Lupin franchise, maybe. Overall I was extremely satisfied with the show, I just wish it was longer since I could watch their adventures for ever.

Lupin has always been great for the style and animation, but I was honestly losing interest in the story (while the characters were always fun, I didn't see it going anywhere) until the last 5(?) or so episodes where shit started kicking off. Loved how stylish, weird and twisted it was, definitely a great anime.

I loved the finale and direction, it pretty much proves Fujiko was who Lupin thought she was, not who she thought she was.

Sakamichi was beautiful as usual. What is it about two guys playing jazz that always makes me wanna cry?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

How long was the original Lupin anime anyway?

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Coolbeans View Post
    How long was the original Lupin anime anyway?
    TV series 1 was 23 episodes from 71-72, TV series 2 was 155 from 77-80, TV series 3 was 50 from 84-85. Series 2 is what most people outside of Japan are probably familiar with.

Yeah, honestly the new Lupin was cool until they started introducing that owl bullshit.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The owl stuff was weird when it was first introduced, but I felt the last few episodes did a good job of explaining it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivero View Post
    Yeah, honestly the new Lupin was cool until they started introducing that owl bullshit.
    I felt the exact opposite. Probably because the show was always about the owls, so without it being explained the first few episodes are just...stuff happening.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

sakamichi was amazing, wish they would expand more of the ending like they do in the manga, it was beautifully done nonetheless. What a truly inspiring anime, glad I watched it.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    sakamichi was amazing, wish they would expand more of the ending like they do in the manga, it was beautifully done nonetheless. What a truly inspiring anime, glad I watched it.
    After reading the ending in the manga, I agree with you. Hopefully they release like an hour long OVA or something with a "true ending", not that the anime was that far off anyway. Just the little details that the manga had would be nice if they were included.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Bodacious Space Pirates gets Anime Movie

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

First World Problems; That feeling when you check the internet on Saturday and realize there won't be a new Fate/Zero episode anymore.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Creepiest crossover ever...