Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I haven't really parsed was kinda waiting till I got it to 110. Probably my main to then compare it to my mule that is still capped at 100

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I have a feeling pelas cap at 106.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    Inexperienced, annoying, lsmate of mine decided nashmau sucked for bite rate and skill ups after trying it once or twice, and now travels around the world trying to find other fish to skill up on. Idiot. Clearly I'm not a very reliable source on the subject.
    This was not on the front page and now being in the same situation I realize that is a horrible crime. Thank you sir you have inspired me.

Updated Fish Cap list based on this and the fishing thread:

Lik = 110+
    Gug = 110+
    Hak = 110+
    CaveC = 110? (unconfirmed)
    AP = 108
    Plea = 106
    Rygu = 110? (unconfirmed)
    Titanicus = 101

That is what I have seen about so far. Any corrections are of course very welcome.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I went 1/2 Lik 1/11 Gugs, 13 fish total on my mule Nalfein. I was pretty pissed off at the time since my first ebisu took well over 500 fish and I bought them all ><

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anomander View Post
    I went 1/2 Lik 1/11 Gugs, 13 fish total on my mule Nalfein. I was pretty pissed off at the time since my first ebisu took well over 500 fish and I bought them all ><
    Evened right out around 1/250 on each!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Myriads View Post
    Updated Fish Cap list based on this and the fishing thread:

Lik = 110+
    Gug = 110+
    Hak = 110+
    CaveC = 110? (unconfirmed) -- confirmed 110+
    AP = 108
    Plea = 106
    Rygu = 110? (unconfirmed) -- probably confirmed.
    Titanicus = 101

That is what I have seen about so far. Any corrections are of course very welcome.

Lik = 110+
    Gug = 110+
    Hak = 110+
    CaveC = 110? (unconfirmed) -- confirmed
    AP = 108
    Plea = 106
    Titanicus = 101

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Abaia are 110+.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

I'm skeptical of titanictus at 101, but all my chars at 110 so idk.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by sluggo View Post
    Lik = 110+
    Gug = 110+
    Hak = 110+
    CaveC = 110? (unconfirmed) -- confirmed
    AP = 108
    Plea = 106
    Titanicus = 101
    Are you confirming that Cave Cherax are 110 or 110+? And how did you come to that conclusion? (Fish stopped auto-regen at 98 base skill with no gear?)

And, what does probably confirmed mean? Because it doesn't mean confirmed. I don't understand the term probably confirmed, it's an oxymoron.

Thanks for your reply in advance.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

A friend pointed me to some interesting claims made in this topic:
    http://www.ffevo.net/topic/3147-a-jo...ps/#entry31408
    tl;dr by h1pp0:

1. Ebisu Rod has a hidden effect of Fishing Skill +38 and not +46 as mentioned by cdgreg.
    2. Lu Shang Rod has a hidden effect of randomly (current proc rate unknown) reducing fish stamina recovery by 70%

I'm no fisher myself, but food for thought to those into it.

I have confirm that #2 was incorrect and in fact the 70% fish recovery reduction was indeed due to angler's discernment and I have confirmed that today.

I was able to confirm today that point A held true with both lu shang and composite rod so the finds are not rod dependent which makes verification of fish caps alot cheaper since it can be done with any rod.

Edit #1: I confirmed that auto depletion starts at 17 levels over cap and is stagnant 16 levels over cap so points B and C held true.

Edit #2: If someone wants me to test caps on fish, I'm currently 77 + 4 (from gear) so I won't be able to test caps on any fish over 100 for atleast 1 - 2 weeks till I get 90

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Did they make fishing harder compared to when this topic's guide came out? I'm trying to follow the guide on page 1, but I am losing every single fish in Nashmau w/ Lu Shang's + Robber Rig, at skill 10.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

No I think it just overestimates ease and seems to be putting a little more emphasis on selling than skilling up and probably using some kind of tools.

Also if you don't know what you have on the line you might be getting those level 80-90 fish and good luck with that. Honestly wouldn't try the Istr or whatever till 25-30... I'd also go for their old equivalent shall shell. Then go to nashmau maybe get a couple of levels before then maybe not. I also wouldn't do nebonites first either. Bite right is pretty mediocre and yeah doubt they sell well anymore

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Off memory here, I think I did moats in mog garden til i was capped (off memory seems it was 18?) then went to the grotto for some kind of fish (i cant remember) that got me to 30s maybe. then went to nashmau where you can stay til 99 (i dont remember using a robber rig there). I think at some point i went to tallaca cove in the higher levels. Then it was like cave cherax to cap or something.

The fish from the grotto i remember sometimes sold on AH, or since i had alchemy up i could turn it to an ink or something, and that would sometimes sell. I remember sending a shit load to a mule of both and i ended up holding onto either of them forever cause they were too inconsistant in sales.

For my first character i leveled fishing really fast through nashmau. but my mule character he kinda stalled right about 70. I remeber doin several days where fishing to cap got him like .2-.3 total whereas my main got like 6 levels a day there (i used the skillup rings x2 and everything). I kinda stopped workin on fishng on the mule for a few months out of frustration, and when i went back finally he leveled faster than he was before but not as good as my main did. I think i stopped in the 100s on my mule, cause the devs killed any profit in fishing at one point (basically what they do to anything i work on to make gil wait til im capable of making money that way and kill it a month later). Think it was they killed hakuryu npc price and they made matsyu pop up in places like mog garden and that killed the ah price for them. Eventually they did something to make fishing skill easier I think and i went back to cave cherax and capped in a day or two i think.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Sorry to ask this but is Nashmau/Tallaca Cove still a good place to skill up at with a fishing skill of 59 or should I go somewhere else until I'm higher? I'm just coming back after being gone for around 3 years and I vaguely remember trying Nashmau back then but seemed like I got more "you didn't catch anything" messages than fish.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Depends on how much of those messages you are fine with compared to the vastly better bite rate otherwise there. Soonest I'd personally got is about 50 usually go around 60. For nashmau I never really bothered with cove

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5