FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

She's wearing alot clothes what ya talking about! Over 25% the body is covered ( ゚Д゚)

and the armors normal.. for all castanics pretty much (warrior leather is pretty much the same, so is plate on berserker )

although possible mods in the future will change things once can find a PSK to GPK converter (◕‿‿◕ )

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Tisi
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Malygos

Crafting guide~

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The much-anticipated Warrior guide.

So that just leaves Slayer? Damn you for being last!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    So that just leaves Slayer? Damn you for being last!
    And Berserker

That video... I didnt know they had completely made warriors into dps and not tanks anymore...hmm. Now that makes me wonder if I want to play Slayer or Warrior. I like Slayer for the ability to jump around and dodge over Beserker, but warrior debuffs look like they would serve well.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Warriors are still tanks, they just had their DPS boosted. In K-Tera people always preferred lancers, though a good warrior was always extremely good... just very rare.

They seem more like dps now according to the video, with the ability to off tank. I can see why people choose not to use them, as it's just extremely hectic when they are tanking and jumping around.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

They seem more like dps now according to the video, with the ability to off tank. I can see why people choose not to use them, as it's just extremely hectic when they are tanking and jumping around.
    It's exactly like the old school Ninja; the legendary ones will leave you breathless, but so many shit ones.

Hmm are they based more on player skill and decent gear, or amazing gear and player skill. I always dislike classes that require +10 on every item and the best of the best just to function at a high level. I guess i'll try a warrior with the remaining hours of beta and see how I like it compared to my Slayer, though I heard Slayers are getting a buff as well. DAMN YOU CHOICES.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

All skill. It's all about timing your dodges and use of abilities, all while keeping direction in mind.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Having played Warrior for a while, I can say that it is definitely hectic while tanking. And bloody difficult. I'm' reconsidering my choice as a Warrior for two reasons.

1) After partying with a Berserker one level above me, it seems that Warrior (at least at Lv34) is underpowered compared to Berserker and/or Slayer. They put down mobs of similar level in 3 or 4 abilities, whereas it took me 12 abilities to do the same, and took MUCH longer. My gear may be underpowered, or maybe I'm doing something wrong, but that's a huge difference.

2) Predicting BAM abilities and attacks is more difficult than I thought. The smaller ones its not too hard, and I'm able to stay alive pretty well, but the big bosses absolutely rape me. And not the good kind. Doesn't matter if I have Defensive Stance on or not, I take a crapload of damage.

So perhaps I need more experience with this game before I go back to tanking as a Warrior. I feel like a combination between a half-assed dps, and a paper acrobat evader. I know Warrior is better at higher levels with their stun abilities and such, but right now it feels sluggish. Despite that, the game is still amazingly fun.

Yeah that's the only thing that has me wondering about warrior is their dps output. I know they wont be as good as a zerker/sorc or slayer, but how bad are they compared with these buffs on K-Tera?

Will OBT be using the Korean client so we can see the new abilities because I would like to try out the combo system before making a concrete decision on my class. Warrior looks fun, I love the fast paced skill and the ability to debuff targets and off tank if need be, buuuuuuut Slayers are also pretty fast paced.

Slayer to me though seems a lot like just hitting overhand strike 9000000000000 times on a boss lol, as I chain it again and again through my glyph proc. Warrior I only got up to 11 so i'm not sure if they fall into the same routine.

Another thing I read was that most classes dont stand out and become amazing and unique till very late in the game.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Another thing I read was that most classes dont stand out and become amazing and unique till very late in the game.
    This has been a huge issue with convincing friends of mine to play this game. They all seem to think the jobs/classes suck at the beginning, but I keep trying to tell them that they get much better later. These videos have been a great help for that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    This has been a huge issue with convincing friends of mine to play this game. They all seem to think the jobs/classes suck at the beginning, but I keep trying to tell them that they get much better later. These videos have been a great help for that though.
    Yeah the write up kind of inspired me, it was talking about all the gloom and doom zones from 25-50s and how they are just deserts, ice wastelands and such and then suddenly become these amazing zones. But in all honesty I have loved every zone in this game so far, even the starting zone is interesting to me after making 6 different characters so far. Maybe it's just coming from WoW where the only zone I saw was the Orgrimmar AH, or Aion where it was just boring as fuck, but this is a nice fresh new look.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Playing lancer as your first class also does wonders. Solo is slow yes but when you tank bams you learn a lot. You're constantly at their face and seeing their movement, rage mode, special abilities. Then when you roll another class you'll have no problem facing them, even attacking their back you know what it will do based on their animations. ex: crouching- high jump smash(crab) 2 stomps aoe smash(naga) leaning back- flame breath (basilik ) etc

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I've been watching a lot of K-Tera streams over at Twitch.tv. From everything they say it sounds like the DPS order at 60 goes Slayer > Sorc/War > Berserker > Archer. They also say that Berserker is one of the most unwanted classes for dungeons.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshiin View Post
    I've been watching a lot of K-Tera streams over at Twitch.tv. From everything they say it sounds like the DPS order at 60 goes Slayer > Sorc/War > Berserker > Archer. They also say that Berserker is one of the most unwanted classes for dungeons.
    Slayer top DPS? Huh; figured that was definitely still Sorc or Zerk.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshiin View Post
    Who's stream are you watching? steparu?

Def not slayer as top dps tho, more like sorc> zerk/war/slayer > archer