+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If you want the big numbers ala dark knight; it is berserker btw.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

or sorc

but atleast as berserker, you have the oh shit button aka.. turn to boss and block , while the sorc will run around like a headless chicken making it possibly harder for the tank to regain threat...!

Slayer to me just got really boring around CR levels, sure it did great dmg but just cycling Knockdown -> overhand > heart thrust > overhand > overhandoverhandoverhandoverhandoverhand (is the boss dead yet?) overhandoverhandoverhandoverhand became really goddamn simple.

Warrior on the other hand was boring as hell till lvl 28 when I got the "spaz the fuck out" cut strike. Warrior pentathrust or w/e. At that point I fell in love with the class. Soloing bams took some time compared to Slayer, but I also could screw up a little more too, since doing a "death from above" in the middle of an Ovilith jump when dodge was on CD made me invulnerable for the hit.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Sounds almost like berserker but...!

I play it like the warrior tutorial someone posted some time ago...

I aim my whirlwind to the side, so I move constantly but in range of the bam for my like 6 seconds of spinning. the axe block, prevents 100% damage a bam can do the same level, only bams at like Lv 40 started hitting like 1K through axe block at times (this is excluding any crits, and I was using a blue quality axe, the gold could of probably held off Lv 41 bam damage probably pretty well)

The most challenging aspect of berserker, is doing the long charge/attack animation stuff without taking a hit, especially during "enrage", and attacking in a way you are on a move constantly. I like the "block" ability the msot since an enraged monster tends to spam, and axe block can hold it all off, while a dodge roll type mechanic only has so many uses till you have to wait for a cooldown or run around to survive, this can lead to potential adds or "mob leashing" when you go to far

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

If you glyph the Berserker skills, to remove the movement penalty, you become significantly more maneuverable. I found them more useful, then the crit enhancing glyphs, in KTERA.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    If you glyph the Berserker skills, to remove the movement penalty, you become significantly more maneuverable. I found them more useful, then the crit enhancing glyphs, in KTERA.
    lightning strike was like the only ability with a glyph for that to like lv38...!

but the main abilities I used were flatten and cyclone... very 3-4 flatten would toss a BAM and cyclone is alot damage +charges really fast) Lightning strike didn't do too much since you effectively were always on the front 180degree of a bam most the time so I rarely used it ;/

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

That's unfortunate to hear about archer, but I'm playing it anyway. And hoping for some future love from Korea.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Keep lifting up berserker, by all means.

That means I keep all the Greatsword loots and run circles around you axey babies

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Indalecia View Post
    Keep lifting up berserker, by all means.

That means I keep all the Greatsword loots and run circles around you axey babies
    Oh don't worry... once berserker gets staggering strike and bloodlust, slayer is gonna be the one going "OMG WTF IS THIS SHIT" Muahaha

the 2 deadly pvp berserker skills... very.. deadly indeed. You'll love our ranged stun and insta-gib (oh and we get aoe fear also)

Flurry of blows are nice too oh and.. inescapable doom (you ain't rolling away from me buddy! Muhaha)

Bitchfist

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Thats alot of words for stuff that will be dodged.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Indalecia View Post
    Thats alot of words for stuff that will be dodged.
    Inescapable doom = disables any "block/evade ability/sprint/roll", you can't dodge the ability.. if your in range of it , there is no getting away O_o

If a beserker connects with you, you're 90% ass raped. To me I like warrior > beserker > slayer. Beserker and Warrior just have a fun feel to them, where Slayer sits kind of in the middle of that.

All in all though the animations for all the weapons are goddamn amazing, I love feeling like i'm actually hoisting around a huge axe of sword and throwing weight into it.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Missed this one.

Bitchfist

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Best

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiina Cassul
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Icecrown

HAHAHAHA that was awesome

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

laawwwlll

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Tisi
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Malygos

Dungeon guiiiiide~

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Domeran's advanced lancer PvE guide. Every class can learn from this video, not just lancers. I find most people have no fkn clue how aggro works in Tera and every class benefits from knowing how it works/how a lancer tanks.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Nice, thanks for posting. It's been a week since I played last (half of my party is on vacation). Watching all of this stuff gets me excited but also makes me nervous as we are only a party of 4. I need to be top of my game, these are good reminders.

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    If a beserker connects with you, you're 90% ass raped. To me I like warrior > beserker > slayer. Beserker and Warrior just have a fun feel to them, where Slayer sits kind of in the middle of that.

All in all though the animations for all the weapons are goddamn amazing, I love feeling like i'm actually hoisting around a huge axe of sword and throwing weight into it.
    This is my favorite aspect of Tera. I feel like I actually make contact when I hit. Instead of just putting up a number on the screen. It makes melee amazing. I have them ranked the same way as you. I think I will level a berserker next.