E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Is it known yet if there are going to be unidentified items in the game? Also the colored item tiers like green, purple, gold, etc? I haven't really seen anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arximiro View Post
    Is it known yet if there are going to be unidentified items in the game? Also the colored item tiers like green, purple, gold, etc? I haven't really seen anything about it.
    I have not seen anything about unidentified items, do not think it will be in the game, but there will be tiers.

White = Basic
    Blue = Fine
    Green = Masterwork
    Yellow = Rare
    Orange = Exotic
    Red = Legendary

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Oh nice, hadn't seen anything about that.

It will take getting used having green stuff better than blue stuff

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Wait wah? Green > blue? Thats not a very good idea to do at all. Too many games have adopted the green < blue < purple/gold < else pattern. I get what they are trying to do with going cold colors to hotter colors, but color representative of quality isn't a big deal and there's no shame in adopting whats standard here only because everybody else knows about it already.

Green > blue in GW1 so its nothing new. Greens were unique items only obtainable from boss drops etc, that you could not upgrade or salvage.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

ah. well then I guess that won't be changing then. Still gonna be weird to get used to though.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I dunno I usually look at an item's stats to determine if it's good. FFXI didn't have colors and that is what I played for 7 years. I played GW1 also so I'm sorta used to it anyway.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Would it be a good idea to move the Guild Wars HoM thread to this subforum in order to help those still trying to get points? or at least create a new one, perhaps with a small guide and tips?

Getting 15 points or so for a few cool things is really easy even if you start from scratch, but it can be pretty overwhelming if you have never played GW1 before. Some guidance and support could really help people who might be somewhat interested or undecided.

I'm not sure about who the mod of this section is yet, otherwise I'd have PM'd.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Im a mod here but don't have access to any other forums to move threads here. I can ask for it to be moved here tonight.

I'm curious about how healing will be handled. In all the videos I've seen There's never been a clear view on healing besides the self quick-heal ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Irohuro View Post
    I'm curious about how healing will be handled. In all the videos I've seen There's never been a clear view on healing besides the self quick-heal ability.
    Healing wont be handled! that's the point! lol

but seriously, every class has a dedicated healing slot (6) which can be fitted with various healing type skills, which are usually self heals, you cannot even target players in GW2 so kind of cross player healing comes in the way of aoes and positioning in other players heals or regens to put in basically. For example ele has a skill Geyser-which is basically a small heal and regen in the area of effect, or Water Blast-Spray a jet of water at foes that also heals allies in the blast radius. Combos are also another way of helping heal

http://www.arena.net/blog/jon-peters...eath-questions

From Official wiki

Will there be a healing class?

There will be no dedicated healing profession in Guild Wars 2. For this reason, each class has one skill slot reserved for a self-heal. Some skills which heal allies will be available, though these will be weaker than self-heal skills. Additionally, there are no skills which directly target allies; any skills which affect the user's allies will do so because the allies are in the area of the caster, in the area of a ground-targeted ability, or in the area of an enemy who is struck by a skill with a secondary effect. The intention is to give support classes an outlet for their protective nature while also requiring them to be fully aware of the battlefield, instead of just watching their allies' health bars.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Any word on when official forums are going up? I'd like to get some recruiting going.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

They've been accessible before every event so far, not as a recruiting tool.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Lots of random questions from someone with no GW experience. Very short answers are fine if anyone has a moment.

1) Does ftp mean totally free? Or will I be ponying up 300 bucks for the rusty sword of despair?
    2) What is the leveling pace like compared to 2005 XI?
    3) Is leveling crafting a timesink or a moneysink (or both)?
    4) How much mouse movement is involved?
    5) Gear swaps?
    6) Did GW1 have solid music/story/missions?
    7) Is PvP optional or does top of the line come exclusively from it?
    8 Racial stat differences or just appearance differences?
    9) Best gear ex or can be found on auction house?

Thanks for answers to any of these.

1) You're paying $60 for the game. There is a cash shop, but it is literally all cosmetic stuff. Things like merging appearances and stats from different pieces of gear.
    2) It will take you approximately 100 hours of played time to hit the level cap. Give or take.
    3) It looks like crafting will be a timesink, potential for moneysink but nothing like XI.
    4) The mouse handles a lot of functions, so I'd say a fair bit of mouse movement. I imagine it can all be remapped to keyboard keys, though. Needless to say, you'll need 2 hands almost full-time to play this game I think.
    5) No, but at level 7 you can swap between 2 weapon sets on a very short cooldown out of combat and a relatively decent cooldown in combat.
    6) Yeah, definitely. GW2 is shaping up to be even better.
    7) PvP is completely optional.
    8) Each race has access to different "elite" skills at level 30, but they're usually weaker than your class-specific elites. Besides that, there are no differences outside of aesthetics.
    9) The best gear is ex, you will not be selling it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

thanks a bunch. Oh one more thing. How is loot handled? Everyone gets their own box after defeating a boss? Defeat boss 50x to turn in for an item? lot wars with those in zone?

Everyone gets their own box after defeating a boss, generally the dungeon "sets" are obtained with a currency you get from running the dungeon. You get a good bit of currency from each from, as far as I remember, so it won't take too long to get cool stuff.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's also worth noting that GW2 is not really gear-centric. That is gear has some stats but they do not affect stuff that much, they're still more cosmetic than anything.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Just to clarify the answer to #7, there are two varieties of PvP: structured PvP (sPvP seems to be a popular abbreviation, though I don't think I've seen ANet use it) and World vs World (WvW).

sPvP is completely separate from the game's PvE in that you are actually have a separate set of PvP equipment that is only used for sPvP (and you cannot get any better stats than what you start out with, just cosmetic upgrades).

WvW on the other hand, is an alternative/supplement to PvE leveling and rewards players with level-appropriate drops from defeating enemies in the same manner as PvE. There is some WvW-specific equipment available from vendors, some of which can be bought with karma (earned from events in either PvE or WvW). I did also see some nice-looking rare-quality level 60 weapons (I'm guessing there are level 80 ones, but I didn't see them) that could only be bought with badges earned in WvW, but I'm guessing that they're comparable to dungeon-reward weapons of the same level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    It's also worth noting that GW2 is not really gear-centric. That is gear has some stats but they do not affect stuff that much, they're still more cosmetic than anything.
    I'm not sure that's entirely accurate, but it's hard to say having only played up to level 30 and having equipped only blues/greens. However, I would agree that it's not gear-centric in the sense of a gear-treadmill, as it seems like the only variance in gear quality for a given level is based on item rarity, so once your get your oranges (assuming red is reserved for PvP) it's just a matter of skins.