+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    In some cases keeping some distance and pecking away is strategically advantageous, but you'll probably still need to watch for when the mob rushes you/etc. In a group you'd be swapping hate by doing it, since I think the enmity system is that the mob hits whoever is closest.
    Yep, whoever is closest to the mob has hate. "The trinity" still exists, however, everyone shares all three roles equally rather than one person performing one role at a time. For example, with sword/sword on my Mesmer, I have 5 effective block/invulnerability skills available, each with a fairly long cool-down. Whenever they're available, I 'dodge toward' the enemy to use them, and when they're recharging, I jump back out.

If everyone does this, anything should be relatively easy... *foreboding ellipsis*

The closest person doesn't always necessarily have hate. There are some weird rules for aggro, but I can say for certainty that it's not always the person closest to the monster. For example: In Ascalonian Catacombs, my warrior friend would be up in something's face meleeing while I'm sitting at a decent rage popping it with arrows - the monster would sometimes turn to me and give me a good beating.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Flagged as out of date, but some of it might still hold true.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aggro

And it's always possible they might inherit some of the hate rules from GW1.
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Aggro

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Arelian View Post
    The closest person doesn't always necessarily have hate. There are some weird rules for aggro, but I can say for certainty that it's not always the person closest to the monster. For example: In Ascalonian Catacombs, my warrior friend would be up in something's face meleeing while I'm sitting at a decent rage popping it with arrows - the monster would sometimes turn to me and give me a good beating.
    There are some mobs in the game marked as "unpredictable," like this guy in, oddly enough, Ascalonian Catacombs. Looks like you already figured out what that means. XD

The wiki article sounds fairly accurate from what I've experienced. They can't have aggro simply be the closest, either, since you'll likely have a few people at about the same range in a melee situation.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

As stated, it's designed that way so that all players can use their defensive skills when they're available, with a few mobs in the game having different behavior to make them more challenging.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

is there any way to make fullscreen on secondary display? everytime i click fullscreen it always ended up on my primary display.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Where can I check my Frames Per Second?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    is there any way to make fullscreen on secondary display? everytime i click fullscreen it always ended up on my primary display.
    Only game I've ever seen handle this is Eve.

Quote Originally Posted by calinz View Post
    Don't know of it in game, but MSI Afterburner will handle it. With screenshots and recording as well.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by calinz View Post
    Can use the -perf command line argument, but that displays a lot more than fps.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

If you are say, level 10 and go to another zone and do the level 3-5 hearts, do you get exp adjusted for your real level or just the level of the heart?

Is it "bad" to focus a warrior around using rifles? I find it is damn near impossible to dodge during busy events with of people since you can't see shit and I have a lot more survivability at range.

As far as story goes, do all Norns:
    Spoiler: show
    start off on the great hunt, then do a part about the wolf havroun stuck in the mists, then have to find a stolen vehicle from a charr warband?

Hearts do not scale up in xp but its good to get them all anyways

You can focus on Rifle, but I think a mix is best due to more versatility.

No, the story isnt the same at all for everyone as, biographic info choices sets up the story in the character creator, also choices you make during the story changes what you do later on also. So even if you create another norn as an alt, Your story can be completely different to what you did before.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, dunno for Purr's choices but the Norn story was the same as he said for me up to that point. Didn't get to play further.

I played a norn, def was not the same. Also again, has to do with choices you make during and also at character creation. the wolf part is most likely if you chose wolf at the start. Storylines can be drastically different for sure. I had to fight in a tournament. Didn't have to recover anything if I remember correctly.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I've played two norn characters so far.

They both started off on "The Great Hunt" but after that, they each branched off onto different paths. It did make me wonder if everyone started on the hunt, also.

Quote Originally Posted by Ica View Post
    I've played two norn characters so far.

They both started off on "The Great Hunt" but after that, they each branched off onto different paths. It did make me wonder if everyone started on the hunt, also.
    The great hunt actually is the starter instance every Norn takes part in. It kinda isnt part of your story really, which starts as soon as you finish the worm fight.

Not gonna spoiler that cus that info is everywhere to be found lol

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I see. Yeah my story was totally different after that, even though I thought I selected the same options during the creation as I did for my previous character. lol guess not!

You might've picked one option that was different. I know for Charr and Human, at least, your 2-10 story has to do with either your legion choice/where you grew up and the 11-20 story has to do with your lineage/biggest regret. The 20-30 storyline converges and introduces you to the three big factions, I believe (The Vigil, Order of Whispers, Durmand Priory) and after that the storylines split off in regards to which faction you choose to align yourself with. At least that's what I think happens.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Never had a chance to try this, but anyone know if, say, you and a friend chose the same biography choices, would you be able to duo the story quests and both get credit, or would that entail both doing it solo, or doing each one twice? The questions really is more for curiosity sake, as I doubt we'll do that, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Amiricle View Post
    Never had a chance to try this, but anyone know if, say, you and a friend chose the same biography choices, would you be able to duo the story quests and both get credit, or would that entail both doing it solo, or doing each one twice? The questions really is more for curiosity sake, as I doubt we'll do that, but you never know.
    Yes if you made the same choice and are on that chain in the quest line then, you should be able to both get credit. Aso your story stuff does scale up to accommodate more people so it can be more fun with more people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast