+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Wouldn't expect them to wipe for this BWE, but am fully expecting them to wipe for launch.

Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

I am fairly confident that I read there would not be a wipe before BWE3. You can bet there will be one before launch though.

I couldn't see them wiping before bwe3 but there will be a wipe pre-launch so people can have there names reserved.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    I couldn't see them wiping before bwe3 but there will be a wipe pre-launch so people can have there names reserved.
    there is always a pre-launch wipe so ppl don't have an unfair advantage

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    there is always a pre-launch wipe so ppl don't have an unfair advantage
    There is no advantage, besides 3 day head start.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

There is since names are unique across the entire game and all servers, so they don't want people locking in names before the official launch so everyone gets a fair shot.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I saw that and was wondering about it. Are names handled like they were in FFXI where you have one name, FFXIV where you have two, or some other way?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I believe you only need 1 word, but can put spaces in so you can have the option of two names.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Yea there's the option of adding in spaces if you choose, but can stick with 1 name if you want.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

You can have as many words as you want as long as it does not exceed 19 characters (including spaces). Also, you must have at least 3 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Azull View Post
    I saw that and was wondering about it. Are names handled like they were in FFXI where you have one name, FFXIV where you have two, or some other way?
    You can have as many spaces in your name as you wish i have been using the name Kara Zor El for my human warrior so far. but i just went and reserved Slyvari Stallone on GW1 yay!.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Which race can you make the physically largest?

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Slynkee View Post
    Which race can you make the physically largest?
    Norn.

Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Seeing as each race starts out in its own area has there been one specific race that has taken the biscuit in terms of population and activity? Just from a starting out point of view it would be best to be in the most active area with all the other people for the lower levels before you can easily travel around pick up things quicker together?

Or is that irrelevant? Just thinking of situations of starting out with a race that nobody else really picked and being stuck or having a slow start because of that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't think it matters that much because you can easily travel between starting zones

I think from launch til about 2months in the starter areas will be pretty busy no matter what race you pick, humans might have a higher populace in the beginning but they will pretty much balance out when people can play all 5 races.

Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ok cheers guys. Iv been watching some videos on Youtube / reading the Wiki and im sure ill have a flood of Q's to roll in.

Speaking of which! What is the overall view on Mesmer? Really like the look and sound of this as a class but is it one of those classes that wont really be needed or am i thinking too much like FFXI still? Have visions of picking my first class and working up the ranks only to have to sit outside alliances or not be desired for end game content etc.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Right now, and this is probably going to change prior to the final beta, the only class and situation that's looked down upon is playing thief in tournament PVP. But like i said, this isn't like XI where things get left unchanged until patches for months and months. Anet is in constant balance mode and updates are performed on a weekly basis and sometimes even daily.

The only thing that will get you left out of groups is if you're unwilling to put together solid group builds and work with others. That's not really the m.o. of former FFXI players, so i wouldn't worry.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Thinking too much like XI. Play what you want to play, not what you think people are going to want. If nothing else, there's going to be a few traits and talents that each class can bring that the others will want, so go with whatever you can deal with seeing the same animations play over and over for 50+ hours while still enjoying it.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    Right now, and this is probably going to change prior to the final beta, the only class and situation that's looked down upon is playing thief in tournament PVP. But like i said, this isn't like XI where things get left unchanged until patches for months and months. Anet is in constant balance mode and updates are performed on a weekly basis and sometimes even daily.

The only thing that will get you left out of groups is if you're unwilling to put together solid group builds and work with others. That's not really the m.o. of former FFXI players, so i wouldn't worry.
    I thought Thief was retarded good in PvP? Or was that just because somebody learned how to play better before everybody else and then once more people started playing well Thief began to lag behind?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast