Page 1 of 54 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Guild Wars 2 : Random Question Thread

Yes i know, game isn't out yet, most of us haven't played it, and it doesn't even have a release date yet. BUT, this is not your average MMORPG. I figured we could still answer any random questions about Guild Wars 2 since its so different, and maybe people who haven't been following this game super closely have some questions about things and stuff and how they work that they want answers to.

So yeah, random questions about GW2. Go.

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Why is this game so awesome? /firstpost

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Posted this in the other thread but I'll ask this here too.

Question about classes, are there class story quests or events? Something that gives more story about your class in game?

There aren't really class specific stories. More like race specific personal stories. More info here: http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-gam...tory-overview/

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

While what we have seen so far is specific only to your "personal story" as it regards to your race/upbringing you choose at character creation, there are some hints that we could see branches for class later on. However, I wouldn't hold my breath for class quests linking into your story.

Guild Wars PvE "endgame" had a good deal of campaign mission/quests to keep you occupied. Since there Arenanet considers their entire game to be "endgame" I can only predict that we will get additions to our personal story that could very well include class specific questlines. Especially since it is probably one of the most asked for thing in other MMOs and its the one request that is routinely ignored by every game save for SWTOR.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'd love to get class specific storylines/quests. It's one of the things I liked in FF and missed in other games.

Since you are locked to a class, having a bunch of quests just for your class would be the same as your character story line "technically". Although It totally works in a multi class per character game like FF11.

They did have class specific quests for traits which was taken out due to the fact that they didnt like how it would segragate the players. Having only one one set of classes doing a specific quest/event was not how they wanted the game to work. So they re-purposed it for skill point acquisition. So that any class can join in.

Your character story takes into consideration your class I believe, from the choices you make at character creation. I am not sure though.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Is there going to be any shenanigans that make trying to static group with my wife/brother/etc mind blowing irritating?

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Static group for what?

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Grouped, not grouped. It's all the same shit. Nobody claims mobs.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Static grouping is made a lot easier considering that you can not "outlevel" each other because of the sidekick system. Since everywhere you go you will be kicked down to the level of the area.

Also, with no "holy trinity" you won't be pigeonholed into certain classes or specs. Everyone can play however they want and you won't have to worry about finding healers or tanks or whatever.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Step by step guide to playing with friends in GW2

1: Invite friends to group, for benefit if party chat.

2: Go do shit together.

Done.

Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by loyaltrekie View Post
    Is there going to be any shenanigans that make trying to static group with my wife/brother/etc mind blowing irritating?
    As others have said, it actually makes it mind-blowingly easy. With level-syncing mechanics and the fast travel system, you're good to go.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

That's an awesome signature Tonka Sorta jelly hahah.

On topic! I was curious has someone covered pet control? Doesn't seem to be much information on pets from what I see, Yogcast's Ranger spotlight might shed some light I guess, Do they have their own abilities/traits/stats or are they just something that auto-attacks for you? lol.

Each pet has 4 different skills. 3 specific to that family and 1 unique to each pet. So for instance in the canine family you have a wolf and a hyena. The wolfs howl would fear foes while the hyenas howl would summon another hyena. More pet skills here (not complete): http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List...mpanion_skills

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Amazing thanks.

Edit: Holy shit, I am definitely going to be a Ranger now, haha the pet abilities are fucking cool adding even MORE customization, holy fucking shit just take my money now.

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

There are also underwater specific pets that you equip and come out when you're under water. I think there are 4 different pets at any given time but unsure of the use of the other 2 if so. Let me find the video...

Yeah, so you have 2 land pets and 2 underwater pets. You can swap between the two pets during combat much like swapping weapons, though there is a cooldown between pet swaps (there's a trait for 40% reduced CD though). So if one of your pets die during combat, you can swap to the other pet. And when you swap back to the first pet it will summon back alive and at full health again. Though the lower the health of your pet is when you swap it out, the longer the CD will be for the next swap. So obviously swapping a dead pet out would have the longest CD.

Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by LidenbokValour View Post
    That's an awesome signature Tonka Sorta jelly hahah.
    Thanks! :D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 54 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast