+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised it wasn't legalized here, but since we're inundated by hipsters here, we probably had all of them voting no.

Banned.

BG Level

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Rescheduled our yearly snowboard trip for Breckenridge instead of Canada. Good job Colorado!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Mannoroth

Spoiler: show

I wasn't really sure where this belonged, but this thread seems close enough... literally every person on my news feed currently.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Heavencloud View Post
    Not raining?
    lol

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

It may be decriminalized, but if it works the same as medical weed in CA, you may still have to piss test for jobs.

My brother has medical weed over in CA, but his company is based in more than one state, and the HQ is not in CA, so they don't make special rules for that one state. Company policy is that he has to be able to pass regular piss tests to keep his job.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    It may be decriminalized, but if it works the same as medical weed in CA, you may still have to piss test for jobs.

My brother has medical weed over in CA, but his company is based in more than one state, and the HQ is not in CA, so they don't make special rules for that one state. Company policy is that he has to be able to pass regular piss tests to keep his job.
    California doesn't have any special laws in relation to this either. It is unfathomably retarded, but it is what it is.

Fortunately, successful legalization efforts increase the likelihood of such a logical protection being put in place—eventually.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

yeah man, just baby steps in the right direction. by the time Archi get his Tesla, we should be stopping for an ounce and some cookies during our errands. I say we cause I better be in CO by then :D

speaking of eventually, i hope to see us farm the hell out of hemp sometime in the next 20 years. Corn and cotton (and wood pulp and soy etc) need some competition

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

i don't like where this convo is going

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

aww ok

grumble;

Resident Gestapo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'm actually happy this is starting to take shape. Marijuana is the least dangerous drug I come in contact with and it's a shame it's illegal. Never met someone high on weed that liked to cut his stomach open and throw his intestines at the cops. Would MUCH rather deal with someone high on weed than a drunk any day. Can't say I've ever had any problems with anyone high on weed.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Re: Marijuana Legalization/Decriminalization Efforts

Heard at work today, that those in CO better stay away from agents.

Pretty much federal agents do not enforce state laws, but they fully enforce federal laws where weed is still illegal.

Edit - my opinion is that I don't mind weed. I voted to pass medical marijuana here and MA, and as long as someone isnt blowing marijuana smoke in my face then I don't mind.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Nephlite View Post
    I'm actually happy this is starting to take shape. Marijuana is the least dangerous drug I come in contact with and it's a shame it's illegal. Never met someone high on weed that liked to cut his stomach open and throw his intestines at the cops. Would MUCH rather deal with someone high on weed than a drunk any day. Can't say I've ever had any problems with anyone high on weed.
    As one of my lieutenants who is on the drug enforcement team where I work put it, "The worst thing that someone ever did while high on weed was get a horrible case of the munchies and or a craving for twinkees". I wouldn't be surprised if in the next 20 years it's also federally decriminalized and just regulated like tobacco and alcohol. College towns would make a killing on the tax revenue.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

So how will it work being legal in those states, but being illegal federally? Can't the DEA/ATF still just go around doing raids and busts and arresting people for breaking federal law, just not the local law enforcement?

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Re: Marijuana Legalization/Decriminalization Efforts

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    So how will it work being legal in those states, but being illegal federally? Can't the DEA/ATF still just go around doing raids and busts and arresting people for breaking federal law, just not the local law enforcement?
    They would probably leave it alone, pending lawsuits etc....

Just a matter of, if someone is dealing class B in CO and has weed on him. Then he could be charged for thr weed if feds are involved.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Generally speaking.

Banned.

BG Level

Colorado has medical marijuana dispensaries everywhere. The plan is to ratify the state constitution within the year to allow them to sell marijuana without the needed for an MMJ license ( which costs about $120 per year ). The assumption is, this goes live and the feds decide wether to crack down or not.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

When I came home last night my roommate told me about Colorado(I already knew) and I told him it was only a matter of time before feds get bitchy about the whole "legal weed" situation and crack down. I'm thrilled that this got passed, but am also skeptical on how long it is going to last before federal gov't steps in and says "lol nope".

Banned.

BG Level

There's some speculation that if the Feds intervene in CO and WA other states will step up and make their stand and essentially create a domino effect of ending prohibition in other states. And some people think Obama will give zero fucks and let it slide because he's not trying to get re-elected.

With the big Democrat victory, I doubt that Obama is going to start enforcing this and bring negative attention to the Democrats. I wouldn't be surprised if they turn CO and WA into case studies in crime correlations.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag