+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

I'm probably a straight edge hard ass. If I could wipe booze from the face of the earth, I probably would. So proposing a hypothetical of what I'd prefer doesn't do much good since I'm not really keen on accepting either. Both have indirectly affected me through consumption by friends, family, and associates. That's pretty much why I'd be mindful of future data alongside just keeping it out of my face and not trying to indoctrinate me like I've had some pot heads do.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I'm probably a straight edge hard ass.
    Sounds like it.
    I just honestly think alcohol is more detrimental to you than marijuana, even though it's more widely accepted. I don't try to "convert" people either lol, if you want to be straight edge that's your prerogative, more power to yah~

And I have no problem saying alcohol has had a bigger effect simply due to ease of accessibility. My town has its "places" where you can likely find things of the more illicit variety, but I also don't doubt a lot of people wouldn't even know where to begin here if they did want to try the stuff. Suddenly having a Weed-Mart on a street corner would certainly eliminate the mystery, and in kind, multiply those possibilities of undesired incidents of interaction. I doubt it'd really hurt the black market angle much, either. So, while I am pretty much lolnope, I at least want to see the result of more widespread use, for better or worse, if the issue eventually comes up here.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Tellahh View Post
    Sounds like it.
    Oh, no, they're worse than that. They've thoroughly proven it before. They're not worth responding to.

EDIT: As an additional note, anyone commenting on various statements I've made herein (e.g., regarding contact highs) may read more specifics in that thread, if they so choose to.

Yes, I'm totally worse because I feel use for medicinal purpose should strive to find better methods other than smoke inhalation and dislike abuses the system otherwise invites with fringe cases. Evil me. I'll go hide in my corner now.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Suddenly having a Weed-Mart on a street corner would certainly eliminate the mystery, and in kind, multiply those possibilities of undesired incidents of interaction. I doubt it'd really hurt the black market angle much,
    Trust me, around here it's stupid easy to get marijuana. I highly doubt weed dealers are just going to up and disappear around here either, just because it's hard to find marijuana in your area, doesn't mean it is here lol. I never even said alcohol is easier to get btw (which I agree, it really is), I just said it's more socially accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    Oh, no, they're worse than that. They've thoroughly proven it before. They're not worth responding to.
    Eh, I figured as much, but what the hell y'know :D.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yes, I'm totally worse because I feel use for medicinal purpose should strive to find better methods other than smoke inhalation and dislike abuses the system otherwise invites with fringe cases. Evil me. I'll go hide in my corner now.
    Thanks. That saves me the trouble of repeating myself.

Anticipated risk of being a naysayer in an otherwise weed-friendly environment.

I'm just glad I'm not republican, too.

Anticipated risk of being a naysayer in an otherwise weed-friendly environment.

I'm just glad I'm not republican, too.
    I agree with all the points you've made. I agree that people should be free to get marijuana if they want as long as they are of legal age. What worries me is the trickle down effect and how it will affect the youth. I believe that the longer the kids stay away from that type of exposure the better.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    I agree with all the points you've made. I agree that people should be free to get marijuana if they want as long as they are of legal age. What worries me is the trickle down effect and how it will affect the youth. I believe that the longer the kids stay away from that type of exposure the better.
    Because we've seen how well that has worked out with the American legal drinking age? Clearly keeping the substance away from the youth longer will make them more responsible with said substance...

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    Because we've seen how well that has worked out with the American legal drinking age? Clearly keeping the substance away from the youth longer will make them more responsible with said substance...
    Are you implying that parents should be responsible for explaining things to their children?! That they should expect their young ones to be curious, ask about the world around them, and then have to answer them?! That's just hogwash.

If you're a crazy enough liberal to believe in those kinds of things, though, one writer's got you covered.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

There's always a stoner crowd in high school, and it's criminal now. Legalizing and regulating it won't change that in any direction. Stoners will be stoners, drunks will be drunks, socially awkward nerds will partake in neither.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    socially awkward nerds will partake in neither.
    false

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    If you're a crazy enough liberal to believe in those kinds of things, though, one writer's got you covered.
    Kubrick would promote marijuana. Being high is the only way you can understand his movies.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    What worries me is the trickle down effect and how it will affect the youth. I believe that the longer the kids stay away from that type of exposure the better.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by Mazmaz View Post
    false
    They aren't awkward enough, then.

BG Level

You must be this cool to smoke the ganja:

==>||
    ==>||
    ==>||
    ==>||
    ==>||
    ==>||
    ==>||

I just honestly think alcohol is more detrimental to you than marijuana, even though it's more widely accepted. I don't try to "convert" people either lol, if you want to be straight edge that's your prerogative, more power to yah~
    Unlike many other anti-pot people, I do consider currently legal drugs just as bad and stay away from them.
    I still fail to understand how a temporary artificial euphoric effect can justify the long-term health, monetary and relationship damage. Entire families can be ruined just because of a single member's addiction(s), it's absolutely disusting.
    I stop associating with people if I find out they do drugs (have done so in the past even with close family members without regrets) but I understand not everyone is able to do the same, especially between parents and children who live under the same roof.

I also agree that attempting to convert drug users is completely pointless - at least until they develop serious health issues, but by then they'll either convert themselves or die before that happens.
    Being illegal automatically turns off many potential pot users who'd rather not risk to get themselves caught, so I'm perfectly fine with that. In fact I welcome any new law that introduces harsher penalties, it's the only thing that works.

And before you say that legalizing them would reduce crime rates, how has the lack of gun control worked for the U.S. so far compared to countries that enforce it?
    And even then, let drug dealers do what they do best - the police is more than happy to do their job and give them what they deserve.

tl;dr "Converting" is completely useless indeed, only harsher laws work.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nevex View Post
    loltext

Spoiler: show

I give you an 8/10 for effort though.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Nevex
    loltext
    Spoiler: show

I give you an 8/10 for effort though.
    If it takes originality into consideration, you might want to re-think your score. This oxy-moronic "furious apathetic" shtick? They've played it out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag