+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That doesn't even make sense. What the fuck, EA.

Gave 5$ to bg and all I could think of was this lousy title.
    -____-

BG Level

I just hit you in the face with nostalgia, deal with it.

I'm not exactly excited for this game, but i'm pretty sure i'm going to pick it up anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_...ThemeID.718200

Fuck yeah. Why stop at 8 DLC? Why not make every building a DLC? They should make it so buying the game just gets you hospitals, firehouses and churches.
    I like the Sim City games but fuck you EA. Every god damn game they release now has so many DLCs to start with. Was gonna buy this game day one but just cuz of this I will wait for 30 bux version.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Best SimCity track EVAR!

I know we're gonna get nickled and dimed to death with DLC but if I can play this without touching Origin, then shutupandtakemymoney.jpg

Otherwise, waiting for the bargain bin, game+DLC bundle on the cheap (hi2u sims3 on steamsale right now)

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

seeing that DLC thing reminds me of this:

http://h9.abload.de/img/gameindustry1qsb6x.jpg

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post

Best SimCity track EVAR!
    Subz post didn't inflict any emotion what so ever, but this. This. Damn you!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Simcity came and died right back again.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/28/si...be-sold-outsi/

SimCity requires internet connection to play, will be sold outside of Origin
    Good news: If you want to download SimCity somewhere other than Origin, you'll have the option to do so. An EA representative confirmed with Joystiq that the title would be available for purchase on other digital distribution platforms, though a list of stores has yet to be finalized. SimCity is arriving sometime in 2013.

Lead designer Stone Librande confirmed that SimCity would be an internet-dependent experience. Players will need to be online on Origin while playing, even if that wasn't the point of purchase. The always-on connection becomes necessary with the game's emphasis on multiplayer and regional impact, and the use of a global economy that all players can influence.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Was thinking about how they did Darkspore on steam and relating to how they will implement something similar to Simcity. You had to login to the EA servers to play darkspore but you never had to install origin. So I'll cross my fingers and hope that's what they mean by being online on Origin. If it isn't, i'll wait till it's dirt cheap and they win me over by attrition.

And on a sidenote, darkspore had potential but ended up being such a letdown

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Play on PC. Bitch about games needing internet connection. Dafuq

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

SimCity has always been a great SP game. No need to stay online all the damn time to enjoy it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

With only an announcement trailer and tidbits of not quite as satisfying technical proof-of-concept videos to savor, it’s apparent that details on the new SimCity game from Maxis and Electronic Arts are rather scarce. However, the teams have finally come out with a release date – and as you might have guessed, it’s next year.

Set to take back the throne of city and industrial-empire building simulators, Sim City will see release on PC in February 2013.

While simultaneously somewhat disappointing, this is, in fact, good news – the game will get some more polish and Bioshock Infinite won’t be so lonely in the cold, wintery month between January and March.

In fact, plenty of games are moving to the early part of the year, which seems to imply that Q1 is becoming the new Q4.
    http://www.insidegamingdaily.com/201...-release-date/

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Until they announce an offline mode, not gonna give a shit.
    Fuckers need to learn.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    Play on PC. Bitch about games needing internet connection. Dafuq
    I'm sorry, but have you noticed the Diablo III bullshit by any chance? Although I'm playing now, I wanted to play earlier today as well but could not cause the Blizzard servers are still shit. I caved on buying Diablo when I originally proclaimed I wouldn't due to my stance on "always connected" single player games, but I'm not making that mistake again with any other games, even if they have 0 issues.

I BOUGHT the game, I OWN the game, I should be able to play it when I want, mod if I want, cheat if I want, install it as many times as I want, and most importantly resell if I want. There are consumer laws that protect buyers of physical objects ... but software has continually managed to get away with shit because the average politician still seems to think computers still run on Magic and Fairy Dust. So right now, I apparently don't OWN Diablo, I'm just paid for some arbitrary right to play it, which is stated in an agreement you don't read until after you buy it (I think Lexmark is the one to thank for that court ruling).

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    Until they announce an offline mode, not gonna give a shit.
    Fuckers need to learn.
    Seriously, I played SimCity - Simcity 4 just fine without needing a net connection.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

EA has just announced a Mac version SimCity.

It will be available alongside the PC edition as a digital download from Origin in February 2013.

"Whether you owned a Macintosh or a DOS PC, we all have memories of laying down zones and reticulating splines from our youth," said Lucy Bradshaw, general manager of EA's Maxis Label.

"To the millions of SimCity fans out there, we've been listening and can proudly say that your calls have been answered. SimCity has a long legacy on the Mac and the team at Maxis is ensuring that it will be the deepest, richest and most accessible SimCity game yet."
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...coming-to-mac/

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Still no offline.
    Still no fucks given.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

no steam = no buy for me. I could at least stomach impulse/gamestop, but origin, no.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I have to have this game, so I'll have to cave in and use origin. Good God, its so resource-intensive, though, and for no good reason!

BG Level

I'd rather play SC4 Deluxe and make a region with my friends than be eternally connected online through Origin.