View Poll Results: Which Profession Are You Most Excited About?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Engineer

3 5.45%
  • Elementalist

13 23.64%
  • Guardian

9 16.36%
  • Mesmer

5 9.09%
  • Necromancer

7 12.73%
  • Ranger

7 12.73%
  • Thief

8 14.55%
  • Warrior

3 5.45%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

Which Profession Are You Most Excited About?

Now that we've all seen gameplay of all the professions after this last beta event, which are you must excited about?

Ranger > Ele > Warrior

I think in that order for me <.<; can't say for sure.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Guardian for now. Sword and board is usually always my style, I'm in some ways disappointed about the lack of holy trinity because of my enjoyment of tanking, but I think I can get used to it.

lolpldwannabe

Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

Mine changes so often. Lol. But I can say Warrior will definitely be one of my mains. Thief, Mesmer and Guardian as well. I will play all of the professions at one point or another though. Warrior > Thief > Mesmer > Guardian > Elementalist > Ranger > Necromancer > Engineer...probably.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Paladin in XI, paladin in WoW, glad tank (now Templar) in aion. I'd say so. :/

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Taisaijin
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

To start I was most excited about Thief and Warrior but after watching some of the videos Elementalist has creeped into my interest. I'm not usually a mage type of player but it looks like a pretty fun class with alot to it to learn. There is also a small part of me that enjoys the idea of an engineer.

Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

Elementalist has been more interesting to me as of late as well. They just seem so versatile and a lot of fun abilities to play with.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Ranger because I loved my BM Hunter in WoW and the Ranger here looks like more of the delicious same.

Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

Hunter was my main in WoW. Played it for a long time. Really liked it. I'm sure I'll spend a lot of time on Ranger here too but for the first time, classes that don't normally appeal to me look like a lot of fun. Warrior is usually on the bottom of my list in other games but I am super excited about GW2's take on them.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm between necro and engi. I see the engi as a full support profession right now, and i'm looking for a damage dealer.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Torn between Warrior and Guardian and finding it impossible to decide before the game comes out. At least I know I'm choosing Charr for all of my characters. Best race ever.

Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

I am really surprised to see Ranger as the number one pick at the moment. Though I imagine that won't last long once more people vote...

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Ranger has universally always been the top picked class across mmos in my experience.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Judging by the gwguru and mmochampion polls out there, it should lose eventually. Necromancer and mesmer were usually the most popular (I guess because of the GW1 fanbase), but who knows.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Mesmer is probably popular because I'm fairly sure panic Mesmer is part of the current gw1 meta.

Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

Ranger is second to last on MMO-Champion's poll. Though, compared to other games, these polls end up being pretty close, so that's nice. ANet did a good job of making all of the professions appealing in one way or another.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I have several I am excited about. But if I had to make an order it would go something like this:

Elementalist -> Mesmer -> Warrior -> Guardian -> Thief -> Ranger -> Engineer

Elementalist and Mesmer will probably be my 2 mains with the other 5 as alts!

Official Nannyman of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Gotta go with elementalist, though I still do like the looks of engineer. Warrior could be fun; I've seen gameplay footage of warrior that was totally awesome and fun, and some that was boring and stilted and lifeless. Thief could be fun, too, but I really am wary of the ease-of-stealth in PvE. I'm not much of a PvPer, so I want to stick with something that's going to be fun in PvE (even if I do pvp with it occasionally).

I love the options of elementalist. Staff for mass fights, of course, for the aoes. I really like scepter/dagger for group single/big fights, because it offers medium range and Water attunement gives you one of the very few dedicated group heals with dagger offhand (and scepter mainhand has a damage/heal skill). I also like dagger/focus for solo play, since both focus on short-range damage. Fire main, because... because. I want to secondary air, and tertiary water, but I don't know how useful it's going to be to have a lot of points in Water/Compassion if I want to have the ability to supportively heal in a party.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Charr male Warrior, Hume female Elementalist, Sylvari male Ranger.