+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Guild Wars 2 Complaint Thread

Complaint: It's not out yet.
    Complaint: We don't have a release date.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Try and keep this thread constructive. Since the game isn't out yet try not to go blowing up over rumors and he said she saids.

I doubt it will be truly relative until people start playing beta or until release. But it will be made eventually.

Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

I really can't see myself not loving this game. I have never been so excited for a game...ever. My list of things I am excited about is so long. I will list my complaints but none are deal-breakers; and in the grand scheme of the game they are quite minor.

I've only seen one dungeon so far, and compared to the rest of the beauty of the game, it is so drab (and kinda claustrophobic). Though I feel pretty confident that they won't all feel like that.

I think the underwater combat is cool but with only 2 possible underwater weapons (some classes only get one) you lose so much variety underwater. And I believe they said 1/3rd of the game is underwater? That figure might be wrong but we know it's a large chunk.

Norn moobs.

And mostly, the members of GuildWars2Guru.com will be in-game.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Taisaijin
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Maybe we should post concerns until the we get to play the game? lol

I really only have 2 minor ones atm. Firstly, I typically play thief classes and I'm a little concerned about how the stamina gauge will play vs just flat out having the recasts and how this could potentially effect thief vs any other class in PvP. Secondly, I despise repair mechanics...

I don't really have any other glaring ones yet.

Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

I'm not a big fan of initiative at this point either. That's definitely something I will need to see how it feels while playing it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Why can't I use a spear when out of the water? Most MMORPGs don't have a spear-using class, which makes me sad. So close yet so far in this game

That's seriously my only complaint about this game.

Polearm out of water would be pretty cool...

Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

Maybe there will be a Lancer-like class added in an expansion, perhaps!

Quote Originally Posted by blindSharingan View Post
    Maybe we should post concerns until the we get to play the game? lol

I really only have 2 minor ones atm. Firstly, I typically play thief classes and I'm a little concerned about how the stamina gauge will play vs just flat out having the recasts and how this could potentially effect thief vs any other class in PvP. Secondly, I despise repair mechanics...

I don't really have any other glaring ones yet.
    On one hand though, it does give you a little more control over how you play the class vs. other classes. While other classes HAVE to wait on cds, Thief can choose to to either go full out for heavy burst or more play more conservatively with more sustained damage. I see a high burst Thief with a lot of stealth abilities being very effective. Burst through all of your initiative > stealth and wait for int regen > pop out for more burst.

This isn't really a complaint or concern per say, but I'd like to see some kind of cool down display for secondary weapons. So that way I know exactly when to swap back to a weapon to use certain skills.

Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

I think it'll be great for leveling in PvE. Especially if you slightly outlevel the area. I can see blowing all your initiative and owning a critter pretty quickly without much risk to yourself.

I'll hop on board the under water bandwagon. Underwater sections in games have been pretty universally terrible in my experience, and I sincerely doubt even Guild Wars 2 can change that. Controlling three axes always ends up being awkward and clunky, which limits what you can realistically expect to get out of the experience as well as restricting the kinds of challenges that can be thrown at the player. I totally dig the fact that you're given some offensive capabilities in the water instead of just being a moving target, but I suspect a lot of players will just avoid water areas in general because they're always awkward and annoying experiences.

My other big concern is that dynamic events are going to play out very differently than they do on paper. They sound awesome, but once it all goes live I fully expect the playerbase to realize they're not casting off the complaints of other quest systems, but rather just trading them in for a brand new set of complaints to go with the new system. It's going to happen.

Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

I really can't see Dynamic Events not improving the static quest system. Will people complain about it? Yeah, there will be complaints about everything. I've heard people I work with complain about free food they were given. "I F****ING HATE MAYONNAISE!"

Obviously dynamic events can't be much different from regular events when you consider every game like this is pretty much about killing things. But you can change the way it is delivered. It presents it in such a way that you don't have to worry about kill-stealing, mob respawns, and you are basically rewarded for playing with other people. Everyone in the area is on the same quest, so to speak. It brings players together rather than being annoyed to see other players around.

Dynamic Events is the feature I'm most excited about.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Dynamic events in warhammer were great, but their rank based reward system was really bad. I hope that anet had found a decent way to deal with rewards in them. It's the only thing in skeptical about because if mythic can make something fun anyone can.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
    I really can't see Dynamic Events not improving the static quest system. Will people complain about it? Yeah, there will be complaints about everything. I've heard people I work with complain about free food they were given. "I F****ING HATE MAYONNAISE!"

Obviously dynamic events can't be much different from regular events when you consider every game like this is pretty much about killing things. But you can change the way it is delivered. It presents it in such a way that you don't have to worry about kill-stealing, mob respawns, and you are basically rewarded for playing with other people. Everyone in the area is on the same quest, so to speak. It brings players together rather than being annoyed to see other players around.

Dynamic Events is the feature I'm most excited about.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I'm totally pumped about them, but they're going to have their own set of problems. Off the top of my head, what happens when someone wants to go experience a certain event/kind of event, either for the loot it offers or simply to experience it because they haven't done it yet? Are we going to have people reverse-engineering how dynamic events are staged and subsequently have people camping dynamic events? What happens when there's only a couple DEs in each area? What happens when they're lackluster and utterly unrewarding? What happens when the enemies involved scale up because another group of people happens to just wander through on their way to another area and you and your friends get hosed as a result?

There's a lot that's right about dynamic events, but there's a lot of potential for it to all go horribly wrong.

Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

I understand. However, I don't think there will be event-specific rewards. I believe the main draw is Karma. If someone wants to experience a specific event for whatever reason, yeah, I can some people being annoyed having to wait, assuming the event doesn't happen very often.

ANet has discussed scaling and it takes more than just being in the area for the event to scale up. Their system actively detects participation in the actual event. Even if someone joined in the fight and then went AFK (assuming they didn't die anyway) it'll take that into consideration. They said something along the lines of it polling participation every so many seconds. We also know there will be 1500+ dynamic events at launch and they also plan on adding more dynamic events silently and somewhat often.

Some of the events may end up feeling lackluster, but couldn't be any more so than any generic kill 10 critters quest. Lol.

With all that said, this is a complaints thread and not a white-knight GW2 thread so I apologize. XD

Official Nannyman of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

The thing I'm most vehemently against is the repair system. Mechanically, it's the one thing I've seen so far that really sets my teeth on edge. The underwater issue has potential for disaster, but I'll wait and see -- it MAY be possible to make a "true" 3D movement scheme that doesn't suck. I really detest gear damage. It seems like it punishes you for being active, and pretty much exists to be an in-game money/time sink.

What exactly do you propose as a punishment system for death, if not a repair system?

And before you say anything... I fully believe death needs a punishment system in games. People don't really get upset if they die and nothing bad really happens as a result of it.

Without some form of death penalty. People will suck and will always suck because they don't care if they die.

Official Nannyman of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Aww. Should have read more before i spoke up. All I knew was "repair system." That is a pretty good death penalty. Objection revoked.