FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

If by the end of the week we don't have any indication of server names, I'll throw up a poll using BWE3 servers to pick a BG community server.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

And if the names are released by that time just delete or lock and remake it.

would definately like to be on a server where I know peoples

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

My little group of players (ok, it's not so little anymore) coming from multiple FFXI linkshells, Guild Wars 1, and Rift will be 'defending' the Sanctum of Rall in WvWvW.

I have this feeling, that -- not to belittle the sentiment behind the name of the server -- Sanctum of Rall will be "the BG of Guild Wars 2," if you understand my meaning. One of the bigger, more important communities related to the game.

A lot of very serious, and simulataneously, casual-friendly people are going to that server, most of whom look to be experienced MMO players, and more importantly, good people.

See you all on the 25th.

That's unlikely seeing as there are other communities bigger than it already, and likely with less care bear "boo hoo some guy died so you should totally name a server after him" bullshit.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    That's unlikely seeing as there are other communities bigger than it already, and likely with less care bear "boo hoo some guy died so you should totally name a server after him" bullshit.
    Yeah, what total BS it is to name a server after a respected member of a gaming community. Just because it's nothing to do with you, doesn't really warrant such a response. I think it's a testament to how considerate of its community Arenanet is, even if it's not something I care about personally.

I'm definitely interested if any BGers are selecting a particular server on the EU side of things, got a few friends starting together but could probably go wherever really.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    BG wasn't a huge community prior to FFXI, and relative to many other games, it still isn't. Outside of the FFXI linkshell interation, BG is a small group of people who stuck together after FFXI... and don't knock the 'care bear' thing. Giving a shit is something I appreciate, and I'm not the only one, even though it would appear to be unpopular for some reason to do so.

As an aside, it's not all that small. This is just one of the 'alliances' (a collection of guilds) that will be the foundation of Sanctum of Rall, with more signing on every day.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

It's something to keep in mind for sure, but we'll still do a set of 2 polls to pick a server. One to narrow choices down to 3 or so, and then the final deciding vote. Since you can hop between servers though, obviously people should be keeping in mind the main goal of picking a server is to do WvWvW so a solid server in that regard should be picked.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Rall seemed nice during BWE3. For the most part people were helpful with each other in /map chat. Got and gave a lot of "Thanks" when raising people also.

We did seem to do horrible in WvWvW but i think thats because we were up vs 2 larger communites at the time.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Azull View Post
    Rall seemed nice during BWE3. For the most part, people were helpful with each other in /map chat. Got, and gave, a lot of "thanks" when raising people also. We did seem to do horrible in WvWvW, but I think thats because we were up against two larger communites at the time.
    Another reason for any server doing poorly (or well) in WvWvW is for the simple fact that it was a BWE and noone is taking it seriously yet. I, for one, will probably not even step foot into WvWvW before 80 unless there's an organized event of some kind, or friends are doing it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

You can be part of any server... only reason to pick a server is for a strong sense of WvWvW. So picking a server because you like the name when it has done poorly in WvWvW is a poor choice since you can still guest on that server and do everything else

Quote Originally Posted by Azull View Post
    Rall seemed nice during BWE3. For the most part people were helpful with each other in /map chat. Got and gave a lot of "Thanks" when raising people also.

We did seem to do horrible in WvWvW but i think thats because we were up vs 2 larger communites at the time.
    Think this can be said for 95% of the servers. this isn't a solo game, its a community game from start to finish so should foster a better sense of community from the start

I do think because beta was limited to only a weekend that everyone ran around trying to do as much of everything as possible, foregoing some of the social aspects of the game for the most part. When it releases it should settle down more especially at higher levels where coordination is much more needed.

Also for those of us that are used to FF11 typing in chat to communicate during at event etc, GW2 battles are so much more involved and faster paced that investing in Voice chat is going to be a must.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Any WAR guild that played Order was auto-fail by default.

I thought BG had already agreed to head to Ehmry Bay, or was that just for the beta weekends? I could have sworn I read that a few weeks back...

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sirenia Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Velen

I'm interested in joining up. I'm NA though, and played a little of Guild Wars long time ago.

There are lots of NAs, like me

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by GoggleHead View Post
    I thought BG had already agreed to head to Ehmry Bay, or was that just for the beta weekends? I could have sworn I read that a few weeks back...
    This was for Beta only, as it really did not matter where you ended up in BWE as long as you knew people and could go "test" with your friends.

I would like to point out that when looking at "community" you need to think about a few things. People tend to be focusing on WvW and "friendliness" and ignoring something that most of us FFXI veterans took for granted in XI, the spread of timezones involved in a server. With XI we had multiple regions incorporated in our server makeup. Between EST/PST/JP/Oceanic and EU/WestAsia timezones most servers had a decent population at any given times, even if the server was slow, it was not dead. This will be huge for WvW. We are not looking at an Aion type siege system here. We are looking at a system where any good and winning server will be made up of a large cross section of the world.

So when making your decision, try and look at the differing timezones involved. Yes the WvW matching system is going to take into account peak playtimes into account when matching but you still want a server you can login at 1am when you have insomnia and have something to do.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I have a small group of friends/family that are going to be playing and we are going to be talking about what we want to do tonight as far as making/joining a guild goes. I am going to mention the BG guild and see what they think about it.

and before anyone says, yes we want to be on the same server for obvious reasons, but mostly WvW.

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Quote Originally Posted by Solace View Post
    I have a small group of friends/family that are going to be playing and we are going to be talking about what we want to do tonight as far as making/joining a guild goes. I am going to mention the BG guild and see what they think about it.

and before anyone says, yes we want to be on the same server for obvious reasons, but mostly WvW.
    Before that I have to ask who exactly is gonna be leading the BG guild(s) since the topic has been up for awhile. I know Impact Gaming has their own community and idk if they are planning to coordinate with the rest of BG to establish on the same server. But I'll just be blunt, if Eanae is leading the only BG guild then NOPE.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

It'd either be Katlan or myself most likely. None of that has been discussed at all. Sorry to disappoint you.

Edit: if it makes you feel better, I probably won't be putting in nearly enough time to be considered for running the guild.