+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: BG Community Guild     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    It'd either be Katlan or myself most likely. None of that has been discussed at all. Sorry to disappoint you.
    Oh well, moving forward.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I might not be on the same server as the BG community guild so don't look at me for running it lol. I'll 100% be part of it though. I normally pick the server's in my group of friends, but I'm leaving that up to another friend this time and letting him do all the research

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Well I spoke with sonomaa a few days ago and none of the admins who would be the natural candidates to hold the guild will be playing. So looks like there's an issue there.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

So nobody is running it atm?

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

I only really just started talking to the other mods/sono the other day about it so nothing was really discussed in any form other than setting up a poll to choose a server to roll on. The community guild topic was dead for a while.

Edit: if someone who's been around for a while who's going to put in a lot of play time wants to step up, feel free to throw your name in the hat.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Solace View Post
    So nobody is running it atm?
    I really wouldn't worry too much about a real leader. the BG community guild will most likely be a large social guild in w/case a real leader isn't mandated. People amongst themselves will coordinate PvE events or just ask in guild, yatta yatta. and for WvWvW. Keep in mind each server will have big dedicated WvWvW guilds and it will likely make sense for ppl to join one of those guilds also for big scale events.

Keeping the BG guild as an inherent social guild will also allow it to continue to grow over the lifespan of the game and prevent most drama.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

IMHO: no-one will need to lead a Guild Wars 2 guild (unless they have self-confidence problems and such a role soothes their ego)... and that was also true of Guild Wars 1.

Ideally, the guild, as a whole, would decide on a calendar of voluntary/elective events on a weekly basis, either static or dynamic, and/or members would simply call on their fellow members to join them in any activity as it is happening (ad-hoc). Considering much of the game is already dynamic in nature, and meant to be played that way, I think this would tend more toward fun and disallow the unnecessary stress of making it to events on-time... something that's never very fun. We have real life for that kind of nonsense. While scheduling may seem necessary to MMO veterans, it won't be as important in Guild Wars 2, and that will be especially true for larger guilds. WvWvW might benefit from a schedule, but on the other hand, it's probable that players who have already achieved all they can (or will) in PvE will spend most of their time in WvWvW (or SPvP) with or without a schedule... and that would be optimal, anyway.

It's all conjecture until the game launches... but remember: "BlueGartr," as Guild Wars 2 is concerned, will probably not be one guild. I, for one, already have a guild I will be a part of, and there will probably be others. BlueGartr will most likely be a collection of guilds and people who represent other guilds... a community, rather than a small selection of players in a single group. However it pans out, the end goal of all this organization will be to have a group of players who want to have fun steamrolling other servers in WvWvW. For that, we need to be on the same server. All other factors are unimportant, even leadership.

Think like ArenaNet and put fun first. 8)

(edit: GMTA Katlan)

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Dragir View Post
    However it pans out, the end goal of all this organization will be to have a group of players who want to have fun steamrolling other servers in WvWvW. For that, we need to be on the same server. All other factors are unimportant, even leadership.

Think like ArenaNet and put fun first. 8)

(edit: GMTA Katlan)
    I was more concerned with the WvW aspect of the BG guild. I misinterpreted the point of this thread thinking it was more of a "hey who wants to be in a guild and have fun steamrolling people in WvW". If it's just a social type thing then yes, a leader is less important.

I still think that there could be problems with a lose knit group as far as people disappearing for months on end who are officers and such. I've seen what can happen too many times in FFXI when people are gone for a while especially the shellholder. As long as there are a few people with rights to invite and kick then I don't see it as much of an issue.

Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

Yeah. You need someone dedicated to lead. They may not be doing much in the way of leading players through content, but someone to be readily available for officer management and leveling the guild stuff...I forget what it's called.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

You need a leader for RvR.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    You need a leader for RvR.
    You do... but at this point there are a literal shitton of PvP styled guild alliances out there that will do most of the actual leading on any given server. Like Kat said, any BG guild will be a more social animal that includes events for everything from WvW, sPvP, Dungeons, and other random PvX events more than just a WvW type of guild. The community itself will more than likely include many BGers that are not all on the same server. I have been staring at the server list for the last 2 weeks trying to figure out a home for me and my friends. If it so happens that its on the same home server as the BG community, then that is just gravy for the goose. If its not, I will be a part of the guild and will participate in the PvX (non WvW) events and activities.

That being said, we should see a "mostly" official server list by Monday I am guessing. This last stress test should give them enough information to know how big their home servers should be. That will help with the communities server selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
    Yeah. You need someone dedicated to lead. They may not be doing much in the way of leading players through content, but someone to be readily available for officer management and leveling the guild stuff...I forget what it's called.
    This is really where you need the overall leadership for the type of community BG will most likely start out as. We would need officer management, guild/influence management, guild bank management (when/if the guild gains access). If the guild turns into a force and leader in WvW it would be great, but we would need to become a cohesive group before that could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragir View Post
    It's all conjecture until the game launches... but remember: "BlueGartr," as Guild Wars 2 is concerned, will probably not be one guild. I, for one, already have a guild I will be a part of, and there will probably be others. BlueGartr will most likely be a collection of guilds and people who represent other guilds... a community, rather than a small selection of players in a single group. However it pans out, the end goal of all this organization will be to have a group of players who want to have fun steamrolling other servers in WvWvW. For that, we need to be on the same server. All other factors are unimportant, even leadership.
    Thats the real kicker here... I really wish Anet would have had a system for Guild Alliances from the get go. It would solve many issues in this thread.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I'm surprised GWs doesn't have an alliance function set up. Both DAoC and WAR did it because it's pretty much mandatory for RvR. Could become a problem later on.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Some interesting discussion in here... Definitely need a leader for any guild that plans on maintaining some long term playerbase. Been leading for a long time and in different ways and relying on a playerbase to organize itself will either not work or identify leaders who will inevitably rise to the forefront and be depended on by the sheep.

Anyway, IGC isn't for everyone but those who me and Ald from posts, then you'll "get" us. Neither of us actually leads the VI guild, but Ald is an officer in the guild. I know the w and I regret not enjoying GW2 as this is now the second time I'm missing out on playing with them. We'll be out there in the WvW scene so regardless of guild, I'm sure we'll meet lotsa BGers in the game

Good luck!

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

C'mon mods/admins; step the fuck up and lead the unwashed masses to glory or something.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Instead of expecting mod/admin to lead, why doesn't somebody else step up? This doesn't require a mod to lead, all it needs is a passionate person about GW2 who also wants to lead.

Though I still emphasis that making it a strictly social guild is the way to go considering every single other BG guild that tried to be more has failed in every mmo outside of XI... And at least a social shell will always be there and is the guild most ppl choose to spend their time in anyways... It also allows ppl from other main guilds to also join the guild w/o having competing interests.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

If something super structured is what people want I most likely will not have the time to be involved in leading. I had always figured anything BG would mostly be for social purposes and bringing people to a single server. I am more than willing to create the guild and handle making sure people get invited and getting guild upgrades rolling, but as far as organizing and running GvG and WvWvW stuff I don't think I'm cut out for that (I'm also sure Cleverness is not alone in his disinterest of me holding the guild). The problem with BG guilds is that everyone expects something different out of it.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

So just lay out all the aspects of the game and identify 1-2 people to lead each part. Go with a leadership council. At least that will get the guild off the ground if it's what people want. Still though, someone will have to be the catalyst to it all.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    I know Impact Gaming has their own community and idk if they are planning to coordinate with the rest of BG to establish on the same server.
    We'd for sure be up for it if the BG guild is planning on being active in WvW. While we in [VI] have a wide array of members from friends and family to casual to super hardcore, we plan on making a name for ourselves in WvW. We've gone on and started our own alliance of like minded guilds that wanted nothing to do with the 2 huge alliances. We plan on rolling on a medium to high pop server, if that's even possible, with a huge emphasis on WvW participation. We're planning on getting in touch with Condemned and Teal Legacy prior to release in hopes that they let us know which server they're rolling on so we can go elsewhere since we'd rather fight them.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Instead of expecting mod/admin to lead, why doesn't somebody else step up? This doesn't require a mod to lead, all it needs is a passionate person about GW2 who also wants to lead.
    Because you have the super cool powers. Work for them. Earn that E-paycheck.

Kinda kidding, but kinda not. I don't care one way or another. Wherever I can go to fight alongside other strong people in WvWvW is where I want to be. That's all I care about. The game is so player-friendly that I don't have to worry about being in the "hip" guild, just to be able to get an item or a shot at something.