+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Senji View Post
    Games come with manuals?
    Back in my day, we used to get the manual and read it on the toilet... You whippersnappers just don't know what you're missing.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Once you print it you can. OR, phone/tablet etc.
    one time at college the printer ID swipe thing was down and we could print for free, and we printed out like 5 d&d books lol

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    one time at college the printer ID swipe thing was down and we could print for free, and we printed out like 5 d&d books lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Senji View Post
    Games come with manuals?
    People look at game manuals?

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    People look at game manuals?
    They used to, back when game manuals were worth looking at. These days they're as insubstantial as the advertising inserts.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Is there even a reason to do digital CE if all the stuff can be bought from the cash shop anyways?
    While the Chalice PvP "boost" and the Golem Banker are available through the cash shop, it stands to reason that both will be "stronger" or have a longer duration than the shop versions.

The other "bonuses" from the Digital CE include two things that you can not purchase from the cash shop (at least initially, but we all know what SWTOR, Aion, and Rift done recently with 'upgrade to the CE' packs). The Elite Skill may end up being a gimmick (especially considering recent videos by people like Yogs showing off all of the currently live skills), but it is something unique that you get. Then of course there is the requisite CE mini-pet.

The last thing you get is readily available in game, but for a gold cost that will not be readily available initially. The ability to spike Guild Influence so soon in the game's life is something that WILL be incredibly significant. The question there is exactly how much influence will it be? Remember those Guild Influence screenshots/video that Curse put out a while ago. Some of that stuff looks like it has long build times. The sooner you can start it off the better you will be.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Thanks Takiwaki for the link ^^

If GameStop falls through I always have MamaLuku Buku Gamer Digital as a back up for that Collector's Edition.

I always look at the game manual for the pictures, but I don't read them (maybe I should).

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Is there even a reason to do digital CE if all the stuff can be bought from the cash shop anyways?
    Not really worth the extra €20 imo.

The minipet has some value and will probably be considered "rare" a few months/years after release.

Basically what Ravious says on his blog: http://www.killtenrats.com/2012/03/1...entary-deluxe/

It really surprises me that of all the options ArenaNet had for making a permanent fixture to buying the Digital Deluxe edition, they chose such a momentary thing. My favorite option would be a unique set of dyes because it would allow for special appearance customization with ArenaNet’s awesome dye system. Given the popularity of costumes in Guild Wars, a unique set of town clothes would have been a great option. Every time a player heads in to town, they get to see their permanent deluxe item. If some form of Divine Aura was added, I would have to assume that every Guild Wars player ever that has seen the holy sparkles would have to shell out the extra cash for the Digital Deluxe. Even something less fun like a character slot would feel more substantial than an elite skill.

Right now the Digital Deluxe doesn’t feel like a worthwhile upgrade. If the consumables are in the cash shop, they will be costed out. The Summon Mistfire Wolf feels too vaporous to have a tangible worth, and the players are left with a miniature trying to hold down most of the cost-benefit of the significant cash upgrade. I hope to be proven wrong. I delight every time I see my paragon’s Collector’s Edition dance, but I feel it is too different. I use it during downtime; not when I want something dead. I feel that the Digital Deluxe items could use another pass of iteration.

Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

I agree with Ravious.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Yeah, as of this moment I'm just gonna pre-purchase the regular edition. The guild bonus or w/e does not directly affect me (well it does, but you all should get what I mean). And, as much as i LOVE to collect in game items such as outfits and pets, ect... everyone says that GW2 inventory system is equivalent to that of vanilla WoW (w/is beyond terrible), which kills all desire to be a heavy collector of stuff since it means I have to carry all those pets on me... meaning I will never use them if they take up inventory space lol.

Oh yeah, don't care for a special flashy ability that will be useless and off my limited bar space once I reach 5

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

think ill use the extra twenty to buy gems

You get about 24 spots off the bat. At one point I was able to get a 5 slot bag. But yeah. Space sucks ass in this game.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

dunno if it's been covered or not, do materials take up slots too, or just gear? I know some games have moved towards having a bag of infinite material holding-ness, and can't recall if GW2 was among them.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Materials take up space. This could become an issue if you're a packrat, but with the ease of travel and posting drops to the trading post... I really don't see having 'limited' space as that big of an issue. Maybe once people have full gear sets for certain builds but certainly not in the first 30 levels. If you get a drop its usually very easy to tell if it's better than what you are currenlty using or vendor trash.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

from what ppl in the beta have said, everything uses your regular bag space. There is no separate bag for pets or anything

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    dunno if it's been covered or not, do materials take up slots too, or just gear? I know some games have moved towards having a bag of infinite material holding-ness, and can't recall if GW2 was among them.
    Its really interesting to note that ANet actually gave GW1 players a purchasable (for in-game gold) a crafting materials bank slot in your character's bank. Its not a global solution for the inventory problems but it was a step in the right direction. Hopefully they take their own precedent and add this into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zzsark View Post
    Materials take up space. This could become an issue if you're a packrat, but with the ease of travel and posting drops to the trading post... I really don't see having 'limited' space as that big of an issue. Maybe once people have full gear sets for certain builds but certainly not in the first 30 levels. If you get a drop its usually very easy to tell if it's better than what you are currenlty using or vendor trash.
    I have no idea what you are talking about. When you think of Vanilla wow when you had a bunch of 4-6 slot bags in your bag slots did you not believe you had inventory issues? Back when there was quest items of some sort for every quest. Back when you had a total of 60ish bag slots trying to gather/farm did you feel like you had inventory issues? When you had to carry your mounts and your mini-pets in your bags did you feel you had inventory issues. The problem with the current inventory system is that from what people describe, the system is 8 years+ old. In recent memory, we have seen this system tweaked by Rift and WoW. Additions to the system has taken steps to fix the old problems. Making mini-pets and mounts "learnable" was the first step. Warhammer and Rift's addition of "quest item" bags was the next step in XI's "key-items" and a huge step at that.

While it may be "very easy to tell if something is vendor trash" keeping that vendor trash for the vendor was always an issue in vanilla wow, I do not see how it would not be an issue in GW2. Combine in the simple fact that GW2 will have a lot more "situational" gear sets at higher level and you will have more issues as you go. Combine that with the fact that no one has really gone into great detail about the "banking" system and how that works we are currently looking at a system that is more like something from 8+ years ago and not something that belongs in a modern MMO. Especially one that is doing so much in terms of "innovating" other aspects of the genre.

Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

from what ppl in the beta have said, everything uses your regular bag space. There is no separate bag for pets or anything
    I thought like mining/harvesting stuff went into a separate container or some such. I don't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by niwaar View Post
    Its really interesting to note that ANet actually gave GW1 players a purchasable (for in-game gold) a crafting materials bank slot in your character's bank. Its not a global solution for the inventory problems but it was a step in the right direction. Hopefully they take their own precedent and add this into the game.

I have no idea what you are talking about. When you think of Vanilla wow when you had a bunch of 4-6 slot bags in your bag slots did you not believe you had inventory issues? Back when there was quest items of some sort for every quest. Back when you had a total of 60ish bag slots trying to gather/farm did you feel like you had inventory issues? When you had to carry your mounts and your mini-pets in your bags did you feel you had inventory issues. The problem with the current inventory system is that from what people describe, the system is 8 years+ old. In recent memory, we have seen this system tweaked by Rift and WoW. Additions to the system has taken steps to fix the old problems. Making mini-pets and mounts "learnable" was the first step. Warhammer and Rift's addition of "quest item" bags was the next step in XI's "key-items" and a huge step at that.

While it may be "very easy to tell if something is vendor trash" keeping that vendor trash for the vendor was always an issue in vanilla wow, I do not see how it would not be an issue in GW2. Combine in the simple fact that GW2 will have a lot more "situational" gear sets at higher level and you will have more issues as you go. Combine that with the fact that no one has really gone into great detail about the "banking" system and how that works we are currently looking at a system that is more like something from 8+ years ago and not something that belongs in a modern MMO. Especially one that is doing so much in terms of "innovating" other aspects of the genre.
    Selling vendor trash is irrelevant, considering it takes 1 click and 10 seconds to get to an outpost/town to sell things.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Arelian View Post
    Selling vendor trash is irrelevant, considering it takes 1 click and 10 seconds to get to an outpost/town to sell things.
    It is relevant and antiquated when the only reason you are interrupting your gameplay is to unload some crap. Immersion.

Cheap condom breaks = You had to go to town.

Quality condom doesn't break = You got nice bags.

Chicks keeping up on birth control and cleanliness in hopes of getting/staying with you = quest bags/key items/legit system.

Register to see the NSFW content

It's really hard to say anything without saying something I shouldn't. But let's just say I don't think it ever feels immersion breaking to head to a town and sell some things off. There's usually more than 1 reason to go back to town.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast