+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

let's just say I agree to what he thinks, for whatever reason, and that you're taking this "problem" way out of proportion. there's a high possibility that there exist some easy ways to not worry too much about it.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Sure, anyone that does actually have a problem => cash shop. That's what they want. Just a different branch of "innovation."

It has nothing at all to do with the cash shop. I don't even see why you brought it up.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Arelian View Post
    It's really hard to say anything without saying something I shouldn't. But let's just say I don't think it ever feels immersion breaking to head to a town and sell some things off. There's usually more than 1 reason to go back to town.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You can think its perfectly fine. However, when a large group of people are complaining about the inventory, there is a problem. It may or may not be seen as one by the developers in terms of gameplay, but it is one in terms of the game in general.

As to the comments about immersion breaking... It is and it isn't. The biggest problem I have had in the past with these systems is that I personally do not feel like I should have to be forced to drop/destroy items in the field while trying to complete a quest. The inventory mini-game is ok when I have to choose between destroying one item in order to "gather more" or whether to keep the white dagger in my inventory or pick up the blue sword off a kill. Where it is NOT ok is when I do not have a choice whether or not I have to destroy something.

That set aside, I think you are refusing to see that there are some really old archaic methodologies going on here that effect the bottom line. Most notably the "mini-pets" as items instead of "spells". Every MMO currently in existence has a "collection" meta-game. WoW has its mini-pets and mounts. Rift had its artifacts to add to the other two. Yet what both of these games did was make these collections part of the UI and took them permanently out of the inventory systems. Toss in the fact that in those games (where inventory management still often times broke down) that the default "addable" bag size was much larger numbers. Sure there were 4 slot bags in WoW, but the "default" size of a vanilla bag was 8-10. People have been discussing the fact that most people did not see bags larger than 5 slots (other than the cash shop bag). This is simply a bad design decision, aimed at creating an early need for players to use the cash shop.

It has nothing at all to do with the cash shop. I don't even see why you brought it up.
    Well, it really all boils down to the cash shop itself. On its face it is not a bad thing. The "power" you gain is minimal and extremely inefficient to use over extended periods of time. The cosmetic items look nice and are not out of them realms of other similar game cash shop costumes.

The problem that seems to be arising is the fact that the meta-game has been designed with an overall push towards needing the shop for the simple items that everyone expects to be fleshed out in the game they buy with their box. Namely, in order to access your bank from the world, you buy 1 time use 75cent "Jeeves" Golems. That if you want to really not care about your inventory you have to buy your extra bagslots and cash shop bags right out of the gate. The game should make the cash shop a convenience tool that people want to use, but not one where that convenience is required to enjoy the game as a whole because the default inventory was stolen from EQ. (I would say stolen from Guild Wars1, but if you read guru, people are saying that GW1's inventory/bank system was far superior to GW2s.)

I will admit that I may just have had one too many at lunch and am thinking a little too hard. I also will admit that it was never the conscious intention of the Anet designers to put forth an inventory system that made the cash shop a foregone necessity. Yet, at this point, it surely does look like that.

In the end, I had planned on getting the Physical CE right down until they announced it would be Rytlock as the statue. If it had been Eir or Zoljja I probably would still be planning on it. Now I will buy the Digital CE (if for nothing but the mini-pet and the free guild influence) and spend 50$ in the first several months on gems to buy Bag Slots, Character Slots, and Pirate Town Clothes.

There is no such thing as digital collector's edition.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

You seriously made a post to correct the word "Deluxe" instead of "Collector's"? Really? ...

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

the Goggle, he does nothing.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Is there no way to quest for inventory bags in game? I'm a pack rat and having a small inv sucks but i pretty much assumed inv space would be the first thing in the shop so i don't see what the fuss is about.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    Is there no way to quest for inventory bags in game? I'm a pack rat and having a small inv sucks but i pretty much assumed inv space would be the first thing in the shop so i don't see what the fuss is about.
    Judging from the videos that have popped up since the last beta ....

4 Slot bags can be purchased from most merchants for copper.
    4 Slot bags are rewarded from completing Personal Story quests.

Otherwise, bags are just like any other game with a cash shop. They are bought from the Cash Shop, found as drops inside the game, or crafted via the crafting system.

I think people are still clinging onto the bags being the main problem with the system. The bags exacerbate the overall issues of the other mini-pet and quest item situations.

Let me say, everything we have seen on the internet about the inventory system has basically shown a system that is exactly like what WoWs system was 8 years ago. People are not complaining that the system is strangely different than what they have seen in the past. People are complaining that ANet has adopted a system that has been tweaked, repaired, changed and all together overhauled into since it was created, but we are getting version 1.0 when we expect version 9.0

Bags are not in the cash shop. They are crafted for the most part.

you guys know the game isnt out yet right?, nothing is set in stone and many things are not even in place yet. I am sure there will many ways to get the max slot bags.
    please don't gurufy our forums lol.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Bags are not in the cash shop. They are crafted for the most part.
    Oh, was there a recon or update from this photo?

All I can say is, yes. That photo is not correct. Don't believe all the leaks.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by niwaar View Post

I have no idea what you are talking about. When you think of Vanilla wow when you had a bunch of 4-6 slot bags in your bag slots did you not believe you had inventory issues? Back when there was quest items of some sort for every quest. Back when you had a total of 60ish bag slots trying to gather/farm did you feel like you had inventory issues? When you had to carry your mounts and your mini-pets in your bags did you feel you had inventory issues. The problem with the current inventory system is that from what people describe, the system is 8 years+ old. In recent memory, we have seen this system tweaked by Rift and WoW. Additions to the system has taken steps to fix the old problems. Making mini-pets and mounts "learnable" was the first step. Warhammer and Rift's addition of "quest item" bags was the next step in XI's "key-items" and a huge step at that.

While it may be "very easy to tell if something is vendor trash" keeping that vendor trash for the vendor was always an issue in vanilla wow, I do not see how it would not be an issue in GW2. Combine in the simple fact that GW2 will have a lot more "situational" gear sets at higher level and you will have more issues as you go. Combine that with the fact that no one has really gone into great detail about the "banking" system and how that works we are currently looking at a system that is more like something from 8+ years ago and not something that belongs in a modern MMO. Especially one that is doing so much in terms of "innovating" other aspects of the genre.
    Never played WoW, vanilla or otherwise so my response to that would have to be "I have no idea what you are talking about". I will agree that quest items/materials should have a separate and unlimited space aside from the regular inventory. There is no reason to make you toss shit for quest items. As far as mini-pets, I don't remember off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure they're treated like the skill tomes you get from skill challenges in that you can right click and store them in the tab specific to them in your bank. Now if you feel the need to keep them all on you at the same time so you can use them whenever you want I don't know what to say as I really don't give a fuck about mini-pets so I'll leave that for someone else.

And I'm not sure why people keep talking about going back to town to sell stuff. For one thing there are merchants all over the place and the price you can get for things as far as I have seen doesn't change. So you know that town or camp you just did that DI in? Sell your shit there that you pick up if you don't want it, or list it to the market place directly from your inventory in the field. Maybe I'm old and antiquated like a bag based inventory system but I think there should be some limitations (for gear/weapons/useable items) on the amount that you can carry.

Quote Originally Posted by niwaar View Post
    You seriously made a post to correct the word "Deluxe" instead of "Collector's"? Really? ...
    It's been driving me crazy all week. Using the correct terminology isn't difficult and it helps to avoid ambiguity when discussing the various purchase options.

Almost every npc that sells something allows you to sell ur stuff, even karma merchants, and they are everywhere. I also read there are these cool little golem one time use items that you can get from quests or however that when activated stays with you for like 5 minutes allowing you to access a bunch of services including bank, shops,repairs etc etc. Also with the waypoints, going back to town takes no time, I see no issue either.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

I'm still laughing at the fact so many Guru people are raging about the resurrection orb in the shop. Those morons don't even realize from the dungeon videos that way points are unlocked as you progress so you don't need to run from the start if your party wipes. Personally I have them to be absolutely useless. You don't need to have tried them to understand what they're about.

Genius ArenaNet. It's like taking candy from a baby. They can keep whining all they want, but they know they'll get it anyways. I mean, don't get me wrong, I appreciate the people who use the cash shop. Their money is going to continue to help develop the title I will play years to come

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The only negative that I have about the entire cash shop is the Mystic Key. When someone got a chest drop last weekend it cheapened the experience a bit to know that they had to buy one to see what was inside. Now if they drop from mobs in the world awesome but they never saw one drop all weekend.

Edit: Oh, btw there was a dye pack and a mini inside the chest. Or so I've heard.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Solace View Post
    The only negative that I have about the entire cash shop is the Mystic Key. When someone got a chest drop last weekend it cheapened the experience a bit to know that they had to buy one to see what was inside. Now if they drop from mobs in the world awesome but they never saw one drop all weekend.
    Tons of loot tables were still yet to be completed. Especially in dungeons from what I read. It's still a wait and see with the whole mystic chest and key.

So now that the mongrels at Guru finally understand that the April 10th date is pretty meaningless, people are screaming bloody murder on not being able to pre-order/pre-purchase a CE. According to ArenaNet, only one production run will happen for it. Some stores are saying now they've sold out on CE pre-orders.

Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by bluefan View Post
    I'm still laughing at the fact so many Guru people are raging about the resurrection orb in the shop. Those morons don't even realize from the dungeon videos that way points are unlocked as you progress so you don't need to run from the start if your party wipes. Personally I have them to be absolutely useless. You don't need to have tried them to understand what they're about.

Genius ArenaNet. It's like taking candy from a baby. They can keep whining all they want, but they know they'll get it anyways. I mean, don't get me wrong, I appreciate the people who use the cash shop. Their money is going to continue to help develop the title I will play years to come
    Not to mention; recently ANet has stated the Res Orbs in their current form put you into the downed state. If you use it in combat, you'd just get trashed again. So really, the only thing they would do is save you a run from the nearby waypoint. It couldn't possibly be anything a party would require you to carry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast