+ Reply to Thread
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Tera: Special Medias/Tools Compilation

Just to collect non screenshot/video stuffs + tools.

Script to insert into your site by Bewbies
    Spoiler: show
    <!--START COUNTER CODE--><EMBED SRC="http://games.webgamedesign.com/free/counter2-1.swf?title=Closed%20Beta%20Test%20%233&count=down &time=1331348400000&bgc=0x000000&bgb=1&bgd=0&bc=0x cccccc&bb=1&bd=0&tc=0xcccccc&tb=1&td=1&uc=0x99ccff &ub=1&ud=2&nc=0x333333&nb=1&nd=0" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" NAME="Free Counter" ALIGN=MIDDLE WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=100 quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"><br><div style="width: 500px; text-align: center">Use the <a href="http://www.webgamedesign.com/countdown.php">countdown generator</a> to create your own <a href="http://www.webgamedesign.com/countdown.php">countdown</a>.</div><!--END COUNTER CODE -->

• Sig generators:

Spoiler: show

Nice I didn't know the armor link had weapon models too. I'm kind of sad how there are 7 pages of zerker axes and 1/2 a page of slayer swords though...I hope those arnt all the 2h sword models in game =\

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Anyone have any idea why the elin icon maker site wont load for me? always get "problem loading page" =(

Quote Originally Posted by Haruhi View Post
    Anyone have any idea why the elin icon maker site wont load for me? always get "problem loading page" =(
    Update shockwave? I think its a flash app.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Added sig and glyph builders.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Anyone have a good enough memory to know if the glyph builder values are accurate? Only reason I ask, is because upon clicking priest, a move that is no longer in the game is on the there, and the skills I recall actively use dont seem to be able to fit on the points we are given (level-10?). Backstep was removed, tho it has no glyph, it represents something that is outdated, not that it really matters since we can reset glyphs whenever we want. Its a cool find I must say, and has been bookmarked.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

So the russian site finished uploading all of the new armor renders for each new race today. I compiled a directory of all of the new armor only, as sort of a patch to the older armors already linked in the OP.

I can't upload a file that contains all the old images plus new images, though, because it exceeds the file cap on mediafire. So unfortunately it will have to stay as two parts, old and new armors.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?prlxamsu40478r7

You can very easily merge the folders to add the new armors into your old directories, just highlight all of the race-named folders in the new armor file, ctrl+x, then go to your old armor files and in the directory that has all the race-named folders hit ctrl+v. Windows will tell you there are folders with the same name, and it'll ask if you want to merge the contents, answer yes. All your pics will now be in one place!

Hope someone finds it useful.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Thanks again, Pyree.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Not sure if others are interested in this or not, but I wrote a simple program to make umodel a little easier, basically just made a GUI to get around the command line only interface.

It allows you to view the armor, NPC's, and monsters from the game files.

http://www.mediafire.com/?q8xwxidsoalss41

It's pretty simple to set up, follow the directions in the readme file. Once it's set up once it will save the settings and shouldn't need to set it up again.

Main thing to be aware of is to use page up/down until you find the 3D model after loading something, that's how umodel works, it'll probably load a texture first.

There are some other files that umodel can render also, in the future I may expand to put those in but for now it just has Monsters, NPC, PC, and a few misc things.

If anyone tries to use this and has questions, let me know either here or in PM. I haven't tested this on a lot of systems, so there very well might be problems I don't know about...

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Very nice you made that yourself. Did a much better job than I could have ever done.

The viewer you made unfortunately does not work with the Korean version of the game, but works fine with the US version. Also, any way you can make all those textures and skeleton meshes into a selectable list? Loading all of them and scrolling through them individually is tedious.

And one final thing: If can make a way to export and import skeletal meshes to and from gpk to psk and back again, it would open the door for modding in TERA. I know its a monumental task, but there are many here who would appreciate that. Thank you, and good luck!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.

I will probably keep working on it and adding features I can as I have time. Haven't had much to do outside of beta weekends, so anything to fill my time.

Currently the program is just acting as a wrapper to umodel, basically. It's just pulling the file lists from the game files, then listing them out in the program, and then when you double click one it does the DOS command to start umodel for you. I'll have to look into the things that umodel can do sometime when I'm not as drunk as I am now! I know umodel is a powerful tool, but I don't know all of its powers yet.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

If you need something else to help you through, someone else has also made a GUI for uModel. Perhaps you can look at how s/he made it. It looks similar to yours. The download is at the bottom of this post. Good luck.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

I finally got the model viewer working with your little download there, Pyree. My only question is: Is there a way to make them move? I see things about animation, but nothing seems to move them from their default stiff poses. Wish there was a model viewer like WoW/FFXI for TERA.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Amazing masterwork percentage finder tool I've been using for a while. Works flawlessly on phone too. Requires only clicking, no numberpressing required.

http://mwtool.voidentity.net/

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Yea, I've been using that one for awhile too; it's pretty amazing.

http://teratoday.com/guide/tera-anti-aliasing-guide

Guide to getting more AA on TERA. I'm using SweetFX with Lumasharpen right now cranked up to 1.80 and it's definitely more crisp to look at. Still tweaking around so that I can get a nice blend of blur on edges but texture improvement, since I have all settings up to max in game but still wanna do more.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

TERA Nexus Schedule

You know you're lazy when...

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

http://teracodex.com/glyphbuilder

The Codex Glyph Builder is updated, with new improvements:

- Displays highest possible skill level of each skill based on your selected level.
    - Displays the glyph icon next to each glyph.
    - Prevents selection of multiple glyphs that share the same glyph slot.

That other one was updated too