Thread: The Elder Scrolls Online     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Yeah, some of it is indeed a matter of feeling who deserves what at that moment of truth. The more "in" you're in with whatever group's leadership, then odds improve significantly. I've never been a fan of requiring out-of-game point systems, though, even if I do understand why some try to run them. Unfortunately, it only takes one bad decision to turn it all to shit. Token systems can at least mitigate this, but as long as bosses have actual drops, shit's still a factor.

More related to personal experience, however, the more bodies you add to an equation, the more you're likely to find clashes in personality. It doesn't really matter what the particular spark of discontent is, you're going to have those within a group who do not want to help other members. Telling others to play nice isn't always going to work. When one side of the disenfranchised winds up feeling the other is getting preferential treatment, or worse, their own needs ignored, things can only really go downhill from there. "So find the group that works for you!" is really fucking easy to say, but much harder to actually pull off in practice. Especially if said games still force paying for server transfers or have no way to directly interact with players of other servers in-game first. And then there's the matter of player schedules reliably meshing, which tends to be my bigger issue, and no doubt that of those with (young) families.

All this, though, before skill even enters the equation. In the end, my beef with the raider's privilege is they too often delude themselves into believing that no amount of work within another activity should match their own. I could be even harsher in this critique, but it's really just all rooted in being sick of rewarding people who just want to hold others back so they, themselves, can feel superior. Get your loot faster, fine. Be the only source of meaningful progression? No bueno.
    idk what games you're talking about since i thought you were talking about ff14/WoW which both have systems in place where you can get meaningful gear without raiding.

also can you please explain to me why you're wanting raiding gear if you're not going to be raiding?

raiding is the only thing that would require raid-level gear.

just want to look shiny or some shit?

"I want to make my character more powerful!" is not a raid exclusive sentiment. How this translates to the out-of-raid experience will vary per game. The cumulative history of such endgame exclusivity, however, tends to dictate that no matter how much of whatever other activity one does (and hopefully enjoys), it can not and should not compete. "You don't deserve it!" frequently translates to, "You don't raid!" Bluntly, it doesn't matter what people outside that circle do with the gear. Realistically, I have no qualms with raid gear being more aesthetically pleasing as long as its more casual equivalents don't look like hobo sacks. And the REAL benefit of this is that if someone does want to experience or winds up with the chance to partake in raid content, they can be better prepared to do so via higher DPS and survivability the alternative progression scheme could offer. Conversely, the raider is always better prepped to take on lesser content where they "don't need" that gear, themselves, but nonetheless benefit from.

How I would go about this would further vary per game and what it may presently have, but a common theme you'd probably see from is a lessening of time gating, if not outright elimination thereof. Reasonable grinds would also be present, but also make them PUG friendly so progression can go a bit more swiftly if the player desires. My personal policy is that no single item in an MMO should take more than 40 gameplay hours to acquire. That doesn't exactly included LFG time, but consider that "best in slot" quota, where requirements scale down from there. Perfect world, shit's upgradeable so you've got something useful 20 hours into the process, if not sooner.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

hm now that i dont have to pay a sub maybe i'll reinstall and play some. bought the imperial edition for the dope ass book may as well play the game too

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Anyone get a beta code for the xbox one or PS4?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

I got an email and i replied, but no beta code yet. Doesnt help that i replied yesterday. they might have already sent them all out.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Invites are done being sent out and even if you got the survey you are not guaranteed a invite. Lol fuck this game and the people who run it, won't bother looking at it again till it's completely f2p in a year or so.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Wondering if anyone is grabbing this for X1 on tuesday?

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

One of my best friends is. He is so hyped for this game, it's crazy. And I don't understand why. It looks like shit. He's taking days off from work and everything. /shrug.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    One of my best friends is. He is so hyped for this game, it's crazy. And I don't understand why. It looks like shit. He's taking days off from work and everything. /shrug.
    Not that far for me. Brother is playing it and really wants me to grab it, so giving it a shot

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orinthia Warsong
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Game is ok starting out at least. Like playing vanilla ob/sky; class flexibility is pretty fun as is exploration. Races and classes are strong and weak in things, yet not so weak as to be very detrimental if you choose differently. Places feel a lot bigger than they look. They did the right thing in killing the monthly though, it's just not that great but at least it feels like an elder scrolls game (when your connection works anyway).

I got suckered into getting it at 25% off due to being a previous player (beta counted apparently, since I never played during subscription days), though I don't feel like such a sucker while playing. I'm currently playing as a onehand+shield and dual wielding dragonknight, which you can think of like a warrior+blm (mostly fire magic, bind, draw in, defense abilities, etc).

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Really the game isn't "bad", it just wasn't worth paying a sub fee. I'd say it's average with improved value if you're an Elder Scrolls fan.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Does anyone play this on XB1? My brother and I were going to pick this up probably next week and play together if anyone wants to join in or maybe have some more people to play with eventually.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

If your getting it on a console just be wary there is no text chat whatsoever, it really confused why it wasn't there.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    Does anyone play this on XB1? My brother and I were going to pick this up probably next week and play together if anyone wants to join in or maybe have some more people to play with eventually.
    I've got it

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Towowo View Post
    If your getting it on a console just be wary there is no text chat whatsoever, it really confused why it wasn't there.

not feeling the proximity MIC chat system

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I have absolutely no ide how people manage to create groups in this game for later game events like dungeons or exp grinding I got veteran rank 2 and have no idea on what to do really. Run around and find other people my lvl that hopefully don't suck to attempt veteran dungeons?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

As far as I understand it, there's sites that people use to group up... or at least I saw someone mention such a thing once (but they didn't name the site(s))

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag