+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls Online     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I picked this up for the amazing price of £11.20 from Tesco online, through the ESO webstore section. They were having a clearance on the brown version, which isn't the unlimited one, but the code I put in during the install said it was for the newer version...go figure.

Have only played it a little bit so far, but it seems ok. Might go and have a bit of a play now while ffxi is updating.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

For whoever still keeps up with and plays this: they've released a DLC mini expansion of sorts that adds the Imperial City as a PvE zones. Some bullet points for what you get:

-The Imperial City PvE zone (all six districts are available)
    -Purported 12+ hours of PvE questing story content.
    -Two more veteran ranks
    -New tokens for new sets of armors (23 sets total, scales up to Veteran Rank 16)
    -Two new four man dungeons (Normal and Veteran difficulties; White-Gold Tower and Imperial City Prison)
    -A new public PvP dungeon: The Imperial Sewers
    -A new racial crafting style: Xivkyn

The DLC can be accessed starting at level 10. It comes for free for Premium subscribers, or costs 2500 crowns (around $20) for free members.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So like any MMO as you continue to progress through this one the dungeons that were once next to impossible become common place clears. There are however, some difficult high end content pieces. Veteran mode Dragon Star Arena has been quite a challenge for the past week or so, but half of the challenge is running it without it any of the in-game mechanics failing to work appropriately. The 12 man trials can be pretty rough, the main bosses are the difficult part here if you're not working with a group of at least 8-10 competent individuals out of the 12 man set.

All in all, a vast majority of console players are very, very bad at this game and that can really ruin or frustrate your play. I'm still rolling with randoms pretty much every day but I've found some quality individuals to play with here and there. If anyone is on XB1 and wants to play together let me know! I'm a v14 Temp healer.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So the update came out. Everything seems... fucked. I'm not having fun with this update at all. The idea of it is great, but if you don't have people who run through this update sucks. All of the new content is within the empyreal city which is part of the pvp zone cyrodiil. Which you have to que for, and it has a cap of players in it. So... you have to wait in line for it. Even the old content feels scaled incorrectly. Dungeons that we used to very easily dominate and breeze through are now impossibly difficult tasks. Mobs HP and Damage is just... unreal.

Overall, probably the worst expansion pack I've ever purchased. Second ONLY to Crota's End from Destiny. Just frustrating so far, and not fun sad face.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

As someone who may not be VR14 coming in to IC, I can see your point that it's difficult to get a full grasp of the content when it comes to accessibility and investment (not referring to physically accessing the content). However, the DLC nearly satisfies the PVP Arena feel and really wasn't designed to be a complete expansion (hint: DLC). Yes the base game had a significant update to PVP, increasing VR, and introducing gear/mechanics to match the increase - but it's more of a hold out until a larger expansion (which is kind of "meh" - but really fun when you play it).

Dungeons that you used to dominate and now struggle at is an improvement, you need to figure out how to kill shit at VR15-16 now.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I agree a challenge would be cool but, when I roll with dps who are near perfect in gear it's hard to believe that they wanted the game to be this strenuous

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So let me go back on what I said a little bit, because I had to mull it over. I haven't had much time getting to VR14/16 (my highest is VR7 with 3 other VRs and a 4th stam sorc coming up). That being said, the biggest issues I see so far isn't the matter of the quality of content (like enjoying PVP in the sewers), but the Champion points system. I do agree that when you zoom out, you're right in saying that making the jump at VR15 is stupid, especially if you're not investing hardcore in to CP grinding (or botting).

But we're both probably aware that this is more than just an ESO issue, it's an MMO issue where they simply can't keep up with customer demand. But fundamental changes like removing Champion points and/or Veteran ranks would cause a schism with the playerbase. How are CP and Dungeons connected? Elitism.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

And I agree with what you're saying. But I would consider the the people I play with part of the elite. And we're not having any success with dungeons. Making the content unfun.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Thieves Guild DLC
    The Thieves Guild of Abah's Landing, an organization of pickpockets, burglars, robbers, and thieves, is being hunted by a mercenary guard force known as the Iron Wheel. This relentless organization will stop at nothing to see the guild brought to justice for a high-stakes heist that went horribly wrong. As their newest recruit, you'll sneak along rooftops, steal from the shadows, and recover lost treasures to help to restore the guild's reputation.

DLC Content

• Join the iconic Thieves Guild for the first time in ESO
    • Hew's Bane, a new zone that is available to characters of all levels and home of Abah's Landing, the Thieves Guild headquarters, located in the southern peninsula of Hammerfell
    • Hours of exciting new story content and quests that will take you through all your favorite areas of Tamriel
    • A challenging, new 12-player trial: Maw of Lorkhaj
    • Formidable new group bosses and delves to conquer
    • The addition of new criminal activities
    • A new passive skill line exclusive to members of the Thieves Guild
    • Unique costumes, motifs, and item sets inspired by the devious Thieves Guild

Game Patch Features

• A 64-bit client for PC and Mac
    • Improvements to grouping including incentives and cross-alliance grouping outside of the Grouping Tool
    • Tons of combat and gameplay balance changes
    • Scrolling combat text (SCT)
    • Improvements and updates to Cyrodiil and its campaigns
    • Access to content from other alliances in any order you choose upon reaching Veteran Rank 1
    • Prioritization of animations during combat
    • Improved facial animations for Mac
    https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game.../2016/01/21/67

Thanks for the linkage! First major DLC in 2016, looks like they are doing it quarterly now!?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

One Tamriel launching this fall. According to this dude at E3 there will no longer be level restrictions. As soon as you finish the tutorials, the entire game will be open. Sounds nuts for an MMO.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

gonna have to dust the game off, Dark Brotherhood DLC looked doper than dope

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Any of you guys play on pc? Had the game for 2 years, but couldn't do anything back then due to previous shit computer. Fast forward to now with new pc and card I can actually play the game.

Are there any good builds for templar out there?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Little guy at the end of the video reminded me of the lizards in valkurm dunes lol.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag