FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

If any BG members happened to be in beta, what would you want info on?

Questions to be answered after the NDA is lowered.

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

1) All the "missing" abilities in the skill tool.
    I.E. Acrobatics in the Thief skill tree, all the Engineer's Tool Belt abilities, Elementalist Minor Water talents, ect

2) What are all the racial abilities for each race?

3) What are the cash shop items available for testing? (If any)

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

How much dynamic events actually affect the world around them as far as they can see.

Some ranger questions:

What are the major traits in Nature Magic tree?
    The last minor trait in the Beastmastery tree?
    For the Hyena pet's skill "Howl of the Pack" it says it summons another Hyena to fight with you. How long does the summoned Hyena stay out?

Official Nannyman of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Mostly I want to know about the viability of group healing as a Water elementalist or blood necromancer. Both trait lines boost Compassion, and feature attribute bonuses to the handful of abilities that the professions get that group heal (e.g. reduced water skill cooldown, well of blood created on resurrect). I know the game isn't DESIGNED to strictly need one, but I wonder how much support one of these classes can give.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    How much dynamic events actually affect the world around them as far as they can see.
    mainly this. is it all they talk of us, or is it just a gloried WAR public quest or RIFT "rifts" that ppl will basically grow tired of relatively early on. I know I was tired of rifts before i hit level cap

Quote Originally Posted by Imitarate View Post
    Mostly I want to know about the viability of group healing as a Water elementalist or blood necromancer.
    as you kinda answered yourself. No class will be the "main healer." Nor will there be classes that are better at healing than others. Each class that can effectively heal brings a different sort of healing ability, but none are solo viable

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Mostly I want to know about the viability of group healing as a Water elementalist or blood necromancer. Both trait lines boost Compassion, and feature attribute bonuses to the handful of abilities that the professions get that group heal (e.g. reduced water skill cooldown, well of blood created on resurrect). I know the game isn't DESIGNED to strictly need one, but I wonder how much support one of these classes can give.
    From memory, Geyser is a 30 second cooldown, and Healing Rain is a 45 second cooldown. Even with the 15% cooldown reduction, that's still 26/38 second cooldown on your only two heals. (Assuming Staff) Besides that, Water Blast is an extremely low and close heal. A Blood Necromancer only has Well of Blood to heal with, minus the healing received from Life Transfer when slotted. The game is focused around the idea of, "Everyone is their own healer." Where you can clearly tell a bad player from a good player on how fast he dies in a dungeon run. The real "support" options come in from boons, combo initiators, and learning to read and control a situation.

Take this for example

That Guardian there supported his team, while not directly healing. Being able to do cool things like that example is what the game is all about.

Here's a quick list of how each class brings support:
    Warrior: Lots of shouts and banners that increase/decrease damage taken/done.
    Elementalist: Small heals, controlling the enemy.
    Necromancer: Plenty of conditions to debuff the enemy.
    Thief: Blinds, blinds, and more blinds. Enemy will be swinging in the dark with a support thief.
    Guardian: Most Regeneration/Protection giving class there is.
    Engineer: Small heals, conditions removal, gives boons to allies.
    Mesmer: Same as necromancer, but with more shutdown abilities like Daze, Confuse, and Stun.
    Ranger: Pets that heal, as well as two direct healing abilities.

I always love that example in the vid. Great team work and shows how fun the downed mechanic can be in creating some really fun exciting moments, when everyone works together as a team.

Official Nannyman of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

That's really cool. Glad to see this stuff, and even if I do decide to go water spec I won't ever get stuck as "oh you're healer." Or, at least, if someone tries, I know to gtfo.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

All these answers and more are available and have been available to astute viewers of the IGN conquest video.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

That's really cool. Glad to see this stuff, and even if I do decide to go water spec I won't ever get stuck as "oh you're healer." Or, at least, if someone tries, I know to gtfo.
    Elementalist seems to be more about switching attunements on the fly to deal with the situation, they have probably got the most flexibility in combat of any class due to the fact they have access to 4 skillsets rather than the 2 most classes have + their unique mechanics. One great thing about GW2 is how much it seems to be tailored to playing how you want, but I think focussing on one attunement in particular will shut you out of a lot of deeps and utility by not switching to deal with CDs. It would be difficult for anyone to be told they're 'the healer' considering no one's really kitted out to provide constant healing anyway.

I wasn't that keen on elementalist at first but having watched a few pvp videos of good elementalists tearing things up with their huge range of utility skills for various situations, it does seem pretty awesome.

I'd be interested in hearing more about the personal story and people's opinions of it if it's implemented in the beta, personally.