Closed Thread
Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Its not so bad when you do it all in one shot, the biggest reason most people (myself included) got turned off by it was the whole "do 30 minutes of running around, do one easy BCNM...check back in 3-5 months for more of the story!"

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Taim Meich View Post
    Very well explained, Dotsudoku, you summed WotG pretty well, I think. I too enjoyed it, probably the most of the main storylines.

However, I have a question, regarding what you said in point 3:

WotG SPOILERS

- How's Odin involved with Raogrimm/Shadowlord? I think only Lilith and her allies did a pact with him... Is that said explicitly or implicitly in any cs?

/WotG SPOILERS
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/506...-issues/page36

He made a pact with Odin after the Cornelia incident. He mentions it somewhere around 3:00-4:00 but doesn't explicitly name Odin. There's a better cutscene, I think, but you'll have to find it.

Also, Odin's imp, whose name I have forgotten, is present in the WoTG cutscenes with the Shadow Lord. He appears to play some sort of advisory role. He's also present in the ToAU cutscenes, following after the pirate (whose name I've also forgotten). Generally, whenever the imp is present, Odin has a hand in the events happening.

I had a lot of fun doing the missions/nation quests at 75. I soloed as many as I could, which was challenging since I was pretty gimp. I'm not sure how they are at 99. I didn't start until just before Abyssea was released, so I was able to avoid the awful 2-3 years of breaks that Nynja mentioned.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yup^. And kind of an afterthought, but humorously enough, the person who did the most harm in WotG that I feel most comfortable calling the "bad guy" is Altana. She's goes Old Testament pretty hard. Her creation (Vana'diel) was going awry in the world of strife, so she just up an decided to hit the reset button, and everyone else be damned. I'd be pretty pissed too if I were Lilith and an incompetent divine being decided that she didn't need my world around anymore because she "got it right the second time".

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    can i do lamps in altanaviewer too, or I do need to get polutils and altanaviewer to achieve my goals?
    To post again: There's a link to the modded lamp dats in the nyzul thread.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by TSFFXI View Post
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/506...-issues/page36

He made a pact with Odin after the Cornelia incident. He mentions it somewhere around 3:00-4:00 but doesn't explicitly name Odin. There's a better cutscene, I think, but you'll have to find it.

Also, Odin's imp, whose name I have forgotten, is present in the WoTG cutscenes with the Shadow Lord. He appears to play some sort of advisory role. He's also present in the ToAU cutscenes, following after the pirate (whose name I've also forgotten). Generally, whenever the imp is present, Odin has a hand in the events happening.

I had a lot of fun doing the missions/nation quests at 75. I soloed as many as I could, which was challenging since I was pretty gimp. I'm not sure how they are at 99. I didn't start until just before Abyssea was released, so I was able to avoid the awful 2-3 years of breaks that Nynja mentioned.
    Very, very interesting, thanks!

The explanation about Lilith clears up a lot in my mind.

However, I still drastically stand by that WotG as a whole was completely annoying and the worst expansion. God that quest/mission story line bullshit was annoying.

Not to mention how much running around there was and how long the CS seemed to be over other expansions.

Anyways, thanks for the explains.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kitrane View Post
    I was messing around on SAM capping some skills on dolls not too long ago. Not sure which three are the "best" in terms of overall WS dmg but the ones I messed around with were VV, Apoc, Sundering Slash, Savior, Griffon's Claw. I tend to shy away from the mathy parts of ffxi and just try to set myself up to do better than most but not as good as some so to me I think the best in terms of WS dmg would probably be VV, Savior, and Griffon's Claw. I'm sure there are career SAM's out there that can probably shed more light on this.
    Savior is terrible and isn't useful for anything other than playing around with for a few minutes. Congratulations on going through all the effort to get it though. There are no situations as a DD where you would use savior over Apoc, and if you are please re-evaluate your target, job, and support.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The connection between Raogrimm and the Dark Divinity was spelled out in CoP missions. I don't remember if CoP missions explicitly said "Odin", but you did see the shattered Protocrystal of Darkness, and only Celestial Avatars have Protocrystals. (And it was also explicitly stated that the Dark Divinity was not Promathia.) When Ulrich tried to kill Raogrimm, Raogrimm touched the crystal line and Odin felt his rage, which also awakened the Zilart suspended in Delkfutt's Tower. Odin offered Raogrimm a pact, Odin would empower Raogrimm and give him a demon army to sate is rage if Raogrimm would free Odin from the Protocrystal of Darkness. At the time there were two people capable of singing the Lay of the Immortals that could shatter a Protocrystal, Ulmia and Aldo's sister Emeline, which is why the Orcs kidnapped her during the Battle of Tavnazia. All of the strife in this game is a direct result of the Northlands Expedition, if Altana had sent the Cait Siths back to prevent that from happening, there would be no FFXI. (Then again, that would mean no subscription fees, so I guess Altana is actually a business-savvy goddess.)

WotG is not a bad storyline. Yeah, any time-travel story not written by Steven Moffat runs the risk of being awful, but they did a decent job with it. The main problem with WotG is that it was drawn out way too long, they padded shit out to stretch it and it really shows at the end. (They took two updates to get to the finale so that Moonshade Earring would be level 90.) I think that if they did the entire expansion in less than two years, people would have a much more favorable opinion of it, if for no other reason that the National storylines were a great compliment to the main storyline. The storytelling in WotG is very similar to CoP, lots of running around to get one long cutscene after another filled with important details- I guess for people who just want to hurry to get to the rewards would not like that, but people who love lore and story dig that sort of thing. (Like me!)

And don't even joke about WotG being worse than the three add-ons. WotG at least didn't end with a cliched "All just a dream" cop out to prevent resolving one of the storylines that everyone fucking wants resolved. (Aldo and Emeline reuniting.) I will despise the add-ons forever because of that crap.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

What do I need to redo the Alexander bcnm fight? The non-mission one.

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Maguile View Post
    What do I need to redo the Alexander bcnm fight? The non-mission one.
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Divine_Interference

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Best pet to solo Sippoy? My gut says slug, but not sure if better DD output is needed for last 25% when he gets super-dickish.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I underlined what has been confirmed and updated the numbers a little. I'd like more answers before I go copy-pasting through the 100+ different relic pages on bgwiki.
    Why are different relics listed odd, od2.5, and odt, I thought all relics had chances for all 3 to occur?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Can jug pets be higher than level 99?

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Solid Up in Arms strategies? No 2hour strats.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    Why are different relics listed odd, od2.5, and odt, I thought all relics had chances for all 3 to occur?
    No.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    1 char? 2 char? 3 char?

I used to do it as rdm/blm + brd and it was a breeze. Decent gear for 60 and just sleep whenever MP is needed. Make use of drain whenever its up. Grav/bind obviously when needed. No 2 hour needed provided RDM is not absolutely naked and actually gears for damage.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Neisan View Post
    Savior is terrible and isn't useful for anything other than playing around with for a few minutes. Congratulations on going through all the effort to get it though. There are no situations as a DD where you would use savior over Apoc, and if you are please re-evaluate your target, job, and support.
    Didn't think 50 STR on a 5/5 Shoha would be that bad but ok... Again not saying this is the optimal DD setup for SAM, just talking WS numbers.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Soupbowl View Post
    Can jug pets be higher than level 99?
    no, they cap at your level always.

Best pet to solo Sippoy? My gut says slug, but not sure if better DD output is needed for last 25% when he gets super-dickish.
    Fatso. Sippoy is blunt dmg i believe.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

rdm/sch can solo still. Not as fast as with 2hr but still pretty easy. Standard kite nuke draining when you can then when low sleep and convert/rest. Composure has made it quite a bit easier. Personally it seems using strats to speed up drain recast does more than lowering the cost fo a high tier nuke. Also to save time if you have some wear some mp gear before you enter to buff with. Mind your time if not 2hring as you may run close if you don't play aggressive enough or too agressive lol.

If you can use your 2hr you can straight up chain drain tank it down to like 60-70%. Which means you can win in like 8 min so time is no issue.

This is all with no meds food and mostly gear I was using at 75.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

BSTx3, using FunguarFamiliar. I used this back in the day and it was fine. Might want one of the BST to be /WHM for a cure or two. The strat is posted in the discussion section of otherwiki.

Good luck!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast