Closed Thread
Page 271 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 281 321 ... LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I just lol at the 'i need to watch calories' on a chocolate bar

Because even if you find a car with 100 calorie instead of 200 or w/e it's still not gonna be good for your health! (if thats their goal)

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

First world fail is pretty much every goddamned entertainment news website spoiling the new comic book movies within 2 days of their release. Especially when they lead with a spoiler headline and then include a spoiler warning a few lines into the story. I mean, this summer I saw Capt. America 2, X-Men, and Guardians of the Galaxy all on opening weekend and I'd be PISSED if I didn't because of god damned spoilers everywhere.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    You're a sick bastard
    I think you're the sick bastard for not letting a child experience things or have some of the things they like.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Nynja, I have to ask. At this point, how much is Rata paying you to make him not be the most idiotic poster outside of Maz?

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post

Because even if you find a car with 100 calorie instead of 200 or w/e it's still not gonna be good for your health! (if thats their goal)
    But having a treat from time to time isn't going to be as detrimental as people seem to want us all to believe. One chocolate bar here and there isn't going to be all that bad for one's health. Are there better options? Of course. But it isn't that terrible. If you eat 1500 calories a day which totals 10500 per week, then a 200 calorie chocolate bar is insignificant.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    But having a treat from time to time isn't going to be as detrimental as people seem to want us all to believe. One chocolate bar here and there isn't going to be all that bad for one's health. Are there better options? Of course. But it isn't that terrible. If you eat 1500 calories a day which totals 10500 per week, then a 200 calorie chocolate bar is insignificant.
    Pretty much this. As someone who grew up with all junk food/processed foods and never ate fruit until I was an adult , I do wish my mom had been more informed and gave me actual limits because frankly as an adult I had no fucking clue how to moderate myself. There are about a million factors , some of which have been touched on already and countless others why this child may have wanted to know. Now I understand the line of thought with how it can look detrimental but unless it's someone you know personally or see regularly to the point of being concerned for their actual health and know their history , then really it doesn't matter. I grew up the fat kid - partly due to environment and partly due to my own choices. Being informed isn't a bad thing , as someone said earlier obsessing over every calorie can be but some people NEED to for specific reasons as well. Even though I'm currently fixing my lifestyle doesn't mean I deprive myself of everything forever. I make choices. Some restrictions I have to stick with.
    Everything is a balance and moderation but random judgements over a one time encounter are what I find most fail imo.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Cut ties with crazy ex gf a few weeks back (a random win). Go to the doctors for routine checkup. Get call today from doctor. Turns out my suspicions of her cheating where true. Gave me chlamydia. Now I have to take a regime of antibiotics because I done stuck my dick in crazy.

ITT today: starting good habits as a kid is a first world fail.

From further back than I can remember, I would check nutritional labels to see the calories/fat/cholesterol on food. Just as one of those habits I was brought up with. This doesn't mean I counted calories, had self-esteem issues, or fears of obesity/anything related, or diabetes. I was simply taught to be aware and conscious of what I was eating. No harm ever came from it. It’s a good habit to have.

Checking the calories on a chocolate bar is for the same reason as anything else. Just because it's unhealthy no matter what, doesn't mean that there are not different degrees of unhealthy. A snack-sized bag of chips can range from like <100 calories to 400+ (looking at you, fritos). The difference is pretty considerable, and just because 'it's unhealthy no matter what' doesn't mean it isn't worth being conscious of, or wouldn't effect your decision.

Obsessing over it is probably is unhealthy as a kid, but we have no idea if that's the case in this situation.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post

I think the goal is to be less bad.

A little bit of bad every so often isn't a big deal. But a lot of bad can be.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    Hey now youre gettin it
    So why does the amount of cals in one chocolate bar matter if its a treat??

If youre adding 50/100/200 over a weeks regimen of cals, in the grand scheme of things, its pretty irrelevant.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Hey now youre gettin it
    So why does the amount of cals in one chocolate bar matter if its a treat??

If youre adding 50/100/200 over a weeks regimen of cals, in the grand scheme of things, its pretty irrelevant.
    Because even with treats, you still have to be careful. 100 calories can make a difference, and hell some treats (please refer back to my cheesecake reference) you probably don't even realize contain your full calorie intake for the day in one "treat"

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

There are literally thousands of diseases that are significantly affected by nutrition. Why can't you find them on google? Because the world isn't full of sick people, it's full of fatties and healthy people. Google is a numbers game. also probably because you're using shitty search terms.

How do I know there are that many? Because your diet affects pretty much everything. Every system in your body is interconnected, and your digestive system is linked directly to all of them. She could have any of those diseases, Crohn's included, or maybe she was just fat and got sick of being picked last all the time. Or maybe she's at extremely high risk for diabeetus, or heart disease. Or maybe she has a condition AND is at extreme risk. Or maybe she just learned about calories and is doing it for fun, or for a science project.

With Crohn's, calorie counting can be either a waste of time, or vastly important. Depends on your symptoms and any other conditions you might have. Some people fucking balloon with Crohn's. They gain a fuckton of weight. Sometimes they start out that way. However they get fat, it's not a good idea to stay that way. Being overweight puts a lot of strains on every other system in your body, and it's already working hard to heal. On the other end, there are people like me who lose a dangerous amount of weight. When I'm at my sickest, my body doesn't absorb as many nutrients from what I eat. And my appetite decreases. Every calorie I eat takes on vast importance. Do I waste what few calories I'm going to eat on a shitty ass candy bar, or do I eat something that will actually help me not die?

like i said, plenty of reasons.

also, the reason i called you an idiot is the fucking source you linked. it's some random fucking health site doing a bullshit article about health for healthy people and fatties. you might as well have linked an article titled "Which comic character are you?" or "23 ways to please your man!"

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

The straws, grasp them you do

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

This thread gave me diabetes.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

The straws, grasp them you do
    You got Polliver!

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    This thread gave me diabetes.
    this thread gave me Ratapautism

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    Its a cardigan, but thanks for asking!!

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Holy shit has anyone here actually been in a 20 mile contact with a nine year old kid before?

Kid probably learned two days ago from an infomercial what a calorie was and is now applying it to everything. FFS you guys over analyze.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

:kappa:

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Holy shit has anyone here actually been in a 20 mile contact with a nine year old kid before?

Kid probably learned two days ago from an infomercial what a calorie was and is now applying it to everything. FFS you guys over analyze.
    I had my 11 year old cousin ask me about the Iraq war a few months back. I can sorta see why with my brother being in the army but I was a little off guard for that one.

edit: reason I say this is do not underestimate what a kid may or may not know.